What Ark truly needs

Sonoske

I have seen a lot of complaints come from the cross ark transfer system. This feature at its core is perfect.

What it created was not...

For what seems like a distant past servers use to be overran by Alpha tribes. Some good some bad but all still the same no matter how you look at it.

Then comes these cross ark servers. What follows is great.

"Alphas fighting Alphas, no longer having to seal club everyone." Because of this most servers now become locally friendly.

Then comes duping! Now their is no risk in destroying your foes and you can do it more effectively.

This then creates the obliteration of tribes and server lockdown. Obelisks and drops get blocked reducing the ability for players to grab drops and build in specific areas. In turn puts the alpha back in control once again turning to seal clubbing of any strange new faces that float around and occasionally the clubbing of original tribes once again.

The fix is not to have the feature removed but to fix the abusive ways it is used. Ill list a few things below that i believe would make the game better overall.

1. Timers in between Dino and item uploads of the "host" server as well as cooldown times once in that server.

2. Server wide message of characters transfering from another Ark with the server number displayed. Much like how it tells you everytime someone joins.

3. Server wide message when survivors bring stuff to the Ark from the obelisks or drops such as "Player1 is attempting to transfer items or creatures from server 47 to this Ark.". Obelisks will have their name in the location Red, Blue, Green and drops will have co-ords.

4. To add to #3 every time you select an item or tame it has a buffer timer. For example... After you select something to bring over into the Ark #3 Starts, you then have to wait 2 minutes afterward to bring something from an Obelisk and only one minute from a drop.

5. Inability to build on or anywere near Obelisks.

6. Drops having a larger grab box and randomly fall.

7. More restrictions on tribe building limit.

8. Better improved decay system for abandoned structures.

What do you think of my list?

12 hours ago, Sonoske said:

What do you think of my list?

I applaud at not complaining and wanting to add constructive ideas.  I like many of them minus the restriction ones like 7.  I think they only issue on obelisks is trying to prevent zerg raiding while offline and as such would not be a think if ORP was implemented better and some of your suggestions was added like a server notification you mentioned.  Then they could see who the newcomer is and greet to see if friendly etc.  After all some want to escape their server to find new land and now everyone just looks at a new name/face and wants to kill/trap to avoid an Offline raid.

There has been many fine suggestions and I think it will take WC some time if they do any more changes.  Maybe this is the state of which they want I'm not sure.  Maybe it will force more away from officials and go unofficials which is where I spend most of my time.

Archived