Petition to Remove Manticore Armor as a PS4 Exclusive!

Sonoske

I cannot believe that Wildcard would make the full Manticore Armor set a PS4 exclusive. The Giga skin was already overboad. A lot of us were hyped to see a full Manticore Set on the Dev Kit. And now you are just going to screw everyone that has supported your game financially?

PC got a Parasaur Saddle.

Xbox Got a Bionic Rex Skin.

Now PS4 gets a Giga Skin and 4 Other cosmetic items that look better than anything else!

Please sign my petition if you think this is utterly BS and want to see that set at least a timed Exclusive.

We have all supported this game and continue to support it and you just break our hearts before Christmas.

Shame on you Wildcard!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Sonoske said:

I cannot believe that Wildcard would make the full Manticore Armor set a PS4 exclusive. The Giga skin was already overboad. A lot of us were hyped to see a full Manticore Set on the Dev Kit. And now you are just going to screw everyone that has supported your game financially?

PC got a Parasaur Saddle.

Xbox Got a Bionic Rex Skin.

Now PS4 gets a Giga Skin and 4 Other cosmetic items that look better than anything else!

Please sign my petition if you think this is utterly BS and want to see that set at least a timed Exclusive.

We have all supported this game and continue to support it and you just break our hearts before Christmas.

Shame on you Wildcard!

The Giga Skin can hardly be called exclusive for PS4 considering that PC can unlock it too through SOTF grinding. If they for some reason acquiesce to your demands they'd have to remove the giga skin, as the manticore costume skins are the ones that come close to being truly exclusive for PS4.

It is a time exclusive, the devs said they had to do it otherwise Sony wouldn't let them sell it.

Here's the original post.

14 hours ago, Jat said:

Just a heads up regarding the exclusive skins guys, these are timed. They were required in order to get the release out, we have some on Xbox too. Although once the game hits Version 1.0 in Spring 2017 (Official Release) , all platforms will gain access to the skins and there won't be any exclusives, or any parity between the versions. 

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The Giga Skin can hardly be called exclusive for PS4 considering that PC can unlock it too through SOTF grinding. If they for some reason acquiesce to your demands they'd have to remove the giga skin, as the manticore costume skins are the ones that come close to being truly exclusive for PS4.

Platform exclusivity among all game types should just end. Unfortunately it's also the Console owners decision.
I must make a correction, though. Yes, the Bio* Giga Skin can be unlocked through SOTF grinding, however the PS4 version is called a 'Tek*' Giga Skin, and actually looks quite different from the Bio version.

I have to agree with OP, that a full Manticore armour set for PS4 only is a bit bullcrap, considering both PC and XBox can get the Helmet skin.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Orion said:

I must make a correction, though. Yes, the Bio* Giga Skin can be unlocked through SOTF grinding, however the PS4 version is called a 'Tek*' Giga Skin, and actually looks quite different from the Bio version.

It's really not. Just look at the image presented in the ps4 announcement and compare it with Jen's tweet here.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

It's really not. Just look at the image presented in the ps4 announcement and compare it with Jen's tweet here.

Strange they would name it differently in the PS4 annoucnement then, they did specifically state; "Tek Giga Skin" unless it was changed recently.

Either way, not like a "Petition" would amount to anything, it's not ultimately up to the Game Devs, it's up to Sony/Microsoft

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Orion said:

Strange they would name it differently in the PS4 annoucnement then, they did specifically state; "Tek Giga Skin" unless it was changed recently.

Either way, not like a "Petition" would amount to anything, it's not ultimately up to the Game Devs, it's up to Sony/Microsoft

Because the image was an art asset and not the actual item asset, which is why the art had "tek giga skin" at the top right corner. If you read the post though, Jat calls it a bionic gigantosaurus skin, rather than the much shorter "tek giga skin" written on the art work.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

Because the image was an art asset and not the actual item asset, which is why the art had "tek giga skin" at the top right corner. If you read the post though, Jat calls it a bionic gigantosaurus skin, rather than the much shorter "tek giga skin" written on the art work.

Yes, I do see that now. I only lightly skimmed the PS4 announcement article and figured it was a separate Giga skin, that's my bad.

14 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Can be unlocked by playing dead game? I don't think so.

10 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

And they will at official launch.

But nice to see you never made a fuss about Xbox getting an exclusive last December.

Timed exclusives are still bad.

As of now this is a bit disgusting sucking up Sonys ass like this.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, UnhappyCamper said:

Can be unlocked by playing dead game? I don't think so.

I get that you're doing your best to live up to your name, but that doesn't change the fact that the avenue to procure the bionic giga skin for PC exists, and that monthly survivor leagues mean that the mode, to appropriate your metaphor, "has a pulse".

I also don't think ANY console should EVER have a console exclusive item for any game that is available across consoles. I can understand doing it from a pure marketing perspective, but c'mon.

It leaves me feeling frustrated that there is "cool" skin that I can't acquire because of monetary issues.

I can understand exclusivity based on achievement or effort, but exclusivity based on which console you happen to play on doesn't rub me the right way.

EDIT - On second hand, I expressed my opinion before I had all the facts (I try not too do that often hehe) 

If they are only temporarily exclusive, I'm much more OK with that.

I personally think exclusives are a shady dishonest practice with digital items. Its effectively trying to drag players out to double dip on buying the game so they can get the 'exclusives'.

But the devs have said all the skins will eventually be available to all the platforms, as long as they keep to their word on that I have no complaints about this particular subject with Wildcard. And at this point in time I have no reason to believe they'll break their word on that.

what's this obsession about skins? are we playing CS:GO now? We going to have betting lounge and such eventually?

it looks cool, I get it. so what if they're exclusive for PS4 for now? we will eventually get it right?

WC is a company nonetheless, if they have to bend over backwards to Sony for extra sales, so be it. if you felt butt hurt about it, I guess it's time to quit. same like Scorched Earth, they did it because they can.

edit: on 2nd thought, keep it up bois, with such obsession, we will be paying for skinz soon. used to hate gabe for this, but this thread is evident that the things people will do to get skins

• Chris locked this topic

Archived