[Xbox] Extinction servers empty

Ub3rR3ich

I'm a very busy family man with a full time job, however I love Ark and play with my cousins on Extinction Servers. It brings me back the adrenaline rush of a ladder reset on Diablo 2(PC). Everyone rushing like crazy trying to be the highest level and get the best gear before everyone else. The server we currently play on is 616 and I never see more than 6 people online. I don't understand why more people don't play these servers? It's much easier to level and tame, plus if someone becomes "Alpha" and you get raided, you get a fresh start at reset. I would like to see more people try out Extinction servers and if you never have, join server 616 and check it out. We are the alphas seeing it's just us lol and would love to see new faces.

Xbox official extinction server 616

thanks!

Ub3r

10 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

No feeling of progression turns a lot of people off to extinction servers

I can understand that, but I hope and honestly believe if they would try it that they would find its a different type of enjoyment. You learn to really harness your ability and become better all around at ark. When it's washed and you start new, you use last servers mistakes to be even better this time around. Did I mention it prevents Alpha dominance? I see it like a race. You do what you know and enjoy to accomplish as much as you can before that meteor hits the planet. As with any race, it's ends and a new one begins.

I was in the Alpha tribe on three Xbox Official servers . Every single time, we became so dominant and had so much, we became complacent. We had all the insane tames and fourth, fifth, even sixth generation Dino's people accused of hacking. One thing stands true to each time we were alpha.. We got bored. It was nothing but chores and wanting to start over. That's why I love extinction. ALSO with the new patch.. Only extinction servers will have PGM's. Meaning the maps are completely random and you must rely on skill and versatility to survive and succeed. I can't wait!!

i see many people say that, however I ask them if they've actually played on one for the duration of 30days and not a single one of them have. I've played the full 30 twice now and honestly by the time it resets you are very ready for it to. New locations, new strategies, and now compretely unknown maps. Not island, center, or scorched earth, but a combination of endless possibilities and you have 30 days to learn it and hopefully defend :)

I'm nowhere near alpha on my existing server but I've been around long enough to know how lame those "chores" are lol I'm at a point where my only concern is poo and oil... and it's like coming home from work just going back to work to make sure all my work doesn't go to waste... I think I'll stop by 616 when I can

2 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

I'm nowhere near alpha on my existing server but I've been around long enough to know how lame those "chores" are lol I'm at a point where my only concern is poo and oil... and it's like coming home from work just going back to work to make sure all my work doesn't go to waste... I think I'll stop by 616 when I can

That would be awesome. Still 20+ days on the server

1 hour ago, Ub3rR3ich said:

Because I know we are the only ones on 616 and we are not douche bags who will wipe new people lol. I'd rather start fresh on a slower server than join a busy one where a large number of people are already advanced and have a higher chance of trolls

But it resets monthly so what's the big deal? I'd rather get wiped by other people than jerk off on a server by myself.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:38 PM, Ub3rR3ich said:

i see many people say that, however I ask them if they've actually played on one for the duration of 30days and not a single one of them have. I've played the full 30 twice now and honestly by the time it resets you are very ready for it to. New locations, new strategies, and now compretely unknown maps. Not island, center, or scorched earth, but a combination of endless possibilities and you have 30 days to learn it and hopefully defend :)

I can see 30 days being perfect on the current maps. Like you said though,  with PGM I think players are going to need/want more time on it to learn the new terrain,  pick base location,  spawns, etc etc...A lot of us are more or less experts of the island,  scorched,  and the center at this point.

I think a 2 to 3 month "season" would be nice when PGM are used with extinction. 

I also agree that the severs should be seasonal. 3 month periods, no blue prints, 3x xp, harvest, and 2x taming.

I'd for sure play these servers just for pvp purposes. would be so much fun.

Also no blueprints would give the server a bit of a challenge. Cave runs and loot crates would be giving you better currency and trading in game. raiding for good items would give another purpose as well.

On December 2, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Colbeh said:

I also agree that the severs should be seasonal. 3 month periods, no blue prints, 3x xp, harvest, and 2x taming.

I'd for sure play these servers just for pvp purposes. would be so much fun.

Also no blueprints would give the server a bit of a challenge. Cave runs and loot crates would be giving you better currency and trading in game. raiding for good items would give another purpose as well.

I feel like blueprints are a neccesity on extinction. With limited time you need all the breaks you can get and if I can save 60 unlock points with a blueprint then it makes the game more enjoyable.

Archived