Tapejara spawns on Xbox center map

BarbSlim

Anybody playing ark on Xbox one on the center map have a reliable area for Tapejara spawns?  I've only encountered about 2 randomly flying in the vicinity of blue ob. Is there a reliable area that they spawn or are they just a rarer type of spawn. Been dying to get my hands on one but haven't been able to effectively find a high enough level due to the elusiveness of them. 

12 minutes ago, Coopdog72 said:

I have a level 96 who like to hover around the same location on my game. Its extremely skittish and I find it even more difficult that a quetz to tame. I will keep trying though!!!

If its close to the ground and you get a chance, bola it and shoot it in they eye. they go down pretty quick.

59 minutes ago, BarbSlim said:

Anybody playing ark on Xbox one on the center map have a reliable area for Tapejara spawns?  I've only encountered about 2 randomly flying in the vicinity of blue ob. Is there a reliable area that they spawn or are they just a rarer type of spawn. Been dying to get my hands on one but haven't been able to effectively find a high enough level due to the elusiveness of them. 

I get one showing up pretty regularly around my base on the southeast corner of jungles mid

I play single player so getting them is very difficult alone, same with a quetz. I got mine on scorched earth. I happened to find one that trapped itself in a cave near the red obelisk. It was easy to bola and then tranq dart as ilShadow suggested. Then I transferred it to the Center.

If you only play on the Center and you're alone, then I'd suggest being very patient till you find one that has trapped itself in a cliff or spire then try to tranq it. Definitely use a bola if you can 

It helps to crouch while approaching them, especially if you don't have gullie armor. Imagine them having a similar aggro range to a raptor, and that's about how close you can get before they fly off. Bring plenty of bolas (at least 10) so you can get the aim right. Also they're bigger than they look from afar, so adjust accordingly!

You can use arrows, just be careful and wait a second between each shot. And go for headshots!

Archived