ARK: Survival Evolved Stomps onto the PlayStation 4!

Jatheish

On 12/5/2016 at 8:43 PM, gaiainruin said:

Do report back and let us know if it appears :)  PS Store has always been a bit screwy for me and seems to take forever to update (although I may just be impatient)

Yeah I had to wait until 11 a.m. like you said. But now I'm unable to join friends or have friends join me in any type of session? How about you or anyone else having any of the same type of issues? The patch for today said it was going to fix that but there has been no change.

Wasn't sure where else to put this question and I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere after googling... So ARK is about $75CAD for PS4 right now, if we buy it now do we have to re-purchase the full release in spring at a discount of "50% off the release price" or will we be getting the full spring release free since we bought it now and $75CAD happens to be 50% of what it'll cost come spring?

I've been waiting forever to play ARK, but reconsidering if it means it's going to be a $100+ game in the end.

Thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Tyrelio said:

Wasn't sure where else to put this question and I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere after googling... So ARK is about $75CAD for PS4 right now, if we buy it now do we have to re-purchase the full release in spring at a discount of "50% off the release price" or will we be getting the full spring release free since we bought it now and $75CAD happens to be 50% of what it'll cost come spring?

I've been waiting forever to play ARK, but reconsidering if it means it's going to be a $100+ game in the end.

Thanks

If you purchase now you will not have to buy again at full release. 

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Sandman1886 said:

Hey Joe,

Where are you seeing that at? ive been looking as well. My situation is I'm trying to talk about a half dozen co workers into purchasing, and don't want to be feeding them bad info where when this does go live they will have to re-purchase...

Wildcard has stated this several times in previous digests on steam, and has been the industry standard for Early Access games.

On 12/20/2016 at 2:35 AM, gaiainruin said:

You need to unlock the skin by collecting all of the dossier entries

What about the Manticore armor? The page that announced this didn't say anything about unlocking the skins (both dino and armor skins), it just said it "...adds extra PS4 content including a Bionic Giganotosaurus skin plus an entire Manticore armour set". And considering when you start playing you get safari hat skin or the parasaur saddle skin. While it doesn't say you get this set in the same manner, it doesn't say anything about them having to be unlocked. I might not have bought it on PS4 had I known that as I play primarily on PC and might not unlock any of that for MONTHS.

On 12/28/2016 at 2:00 PM, redsatyr said:

What about the Manticore armor? The page that announced this didn't say anything about unlocking the skins (both dino and armor skins), it just said it "...adds extra PS4 content including a Bionic Giganotosaurus skin plus an entire Manticore armour set". And considering when you start playing you get safari hat skin or the parasaur saddle skin. While it doesn't say you get this set in the same manner, it doesn't say anything about them having to be unlocked. I might not have bought it on PS4 had I known that as I play primarily on PC and might not unlock any of that for MONTHS.

You get the manticore armor when you have beaten all of the bosses (excluding the Scorched Earth boss)

Edited by gaiainruin

On 11/30/2016 at 11:20 AM, GamerPerfection said:

Re: the point in bold. PS4 has also had to endure the exact same thing, and even more so.

Xbox got the Rex Skin, only fair PS4 gets a similar skin. Yes they get the Manticore outfits too, which i'm jealous about, but the PS4 community has missed out on so much for so long, it's totally deserved.

There is still a lot more to come from ARK, this isn't the end.

The PS4 community never had the game to begin with. They haven't had to endure anything since the game wasn't out for them. I don't play this game anymore because of the time it takes but seriously to say sitting and waiting for a stupid game to release is not the same as wasting hundreds of hours only to have some game breaking glitch ruin weeks of progress. PS4 never had to suffer when there weren't any settings for tribes and people could join and take everything. What about tames falling through maps 24/7 or PVP glitches where people were able to easily glitch-kill Gigas. That was the poop we dealt with. PC and Xbox were the guinea pigs. PS4 players sat and watched us play because Sony didn't want to release the game to PS4. Sony is to blame because they only want to release finished games. That's why it never released on PS4. 

The exclusive stuff is a good marketing idea though. Since the game has already been out on xbox and pc for so long the PS4 players needed a "new" good reason to buy the game. For new skins. . . BTW PS4 players don't miss out on poop anymore. Halo's garbage now so there's nothing to be jealous about. Microsoft made sure of that.