ARK: Survival Evolved Stomps onto the PlayStation 4!

Jatheish

I, like alot of other people, was blind-sided when Scorched Earth came out and it was a paid expansion. I justified it by realizing how much content we'd gotten for free up until then & how impressive the new map & creatures were. Upon learning that the Bionic Rex skin for Xbox was also an exclusive, my opinion on this subject has changed quite a bit. It basically comes down to being a "If I had known we had exclusives" kind of... excuse, for lack of a better word. PS4 got cool skins, no doubt, but it dosen't mean that Wildcard are bad, they just chose to sweeten the deal for them, like they did for us Xbox users.

Congrats to the PS4 crowd, that's what this thread is about. Let's stop asking & bugging Wildcard about the damned skins, we'll all get them eventually, for now let Playstation survivors have a little moment of victory. I hate what this thread has become and I feel partly responsible for it.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

It is not a slap in the face, it is a timed exclusive, we will all get it at official release. Everyone needs to look at the bigger picture.

You can call it what you want for what ever reason you want but I will agree that it is indeed a big slap in the face. The big picture is that people have feelings and no one likes to feel excluded.

Ark is a great fun game, all be it a bit frustrating at times, still thats what makes it a great game. The mechanics, the updates, the added content, the strive by WildCard to continually make this a better game is impressive! Keep up the good work.

Now, at my first glance of this post I too was upset that PS4 was going to receive these exclusive items. Then before I choose to spew diarrhea from my mouth and bash a company that has done great things I read the posts!

Everything was cleared up about the exclusives!  

ALL platforms will have access to them eventually!

We can move on, tell the PS4 player fan base Welcome!

Let them endure some of the issues PC and XBone players have had! They will in return give their feedback to WildCard from their platform and that will help track down issues for all platforms.

Welcome PS4 Players and good luck Surviving!

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

You can call it what you want for what ever reason you want but I will agree that it is indeed a big slap in the face. The big picture is that people have feelings and no one likes to feel excluded.

No-ones being excluded though because we'll all get it eventually. It's like Xbox had to wait until Dec to get the game, PS4 had to wait till the following Dec to get the game. We get everything eventually, and Spring is only a handful of months away.

23 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I believe his point is that PS4 players have been waiting far longer than any other group of players, so they are getting something a little bit extra. 

A little bit extra only?? I would say a lot extra!! If at least the saddle skin we got was compatible with every dino so that people can  put it on a rex, or those cool rex glasses were available..

20 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Yeah, how dare the playstation get exclusive skins like the bionic giga that the pc players can get if they slog through SOTF, or the manticore costue set, 3 parts of which are available on all platforms via defeating the manticore! That's all totally super exclusive and rude to other consoles like the Xbox who only gets the bionic Rex skin that isn't even obtainable on any other platform! Let's riot!

I'm not saying we should riot. I just feel that its a rising trend that companies make more exclusive content for PS4 in the past few years. Skins,missions,or weapons etc. 

On 11/30/2016 at 10:26 AM, ROYALXxScorpion said:

amen to this! And Im an Xbox player... If you really want the giga skin and manticore armor do what im doing.. Buy a PS4! :)

No. I didnt spend more than $2,000 on a pc that can play ark at max settings so that i can buy a ps4 and play ark on that with inferior frames, and settings.

7 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

PS4 players were excluded for a damn year. Calm your ovaries, or your 'yet to drop' manvaries. Cause you have got to be either a female or a little boy getting this worked up over something that doesnt even affect the gameplay.

Ive been playing Ark on PC for about half a year now, and I happen to have a PS4, when I saw that XFuggets got a tech trex I was freaking FUMING. But literally for a day, then I said whatever. Now finally, its coming to PS4 and its all well and dandy to get a Giga skin.. BUT DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A GIGA?! LEGIT?! WITHOUT OVER EXAGGERATING ALL THE RATES?!

SO we, the PS4 people might get that skin, but its not gonna get used nearly as easily as your Trex one. So while I might HAVE IT, I doubt I'll be USING it anytime soon, IF EVER.

So why don't you get off your pretty pink horse and stop being a spoiled little girl about a god damn image alteration.