ARK: Survival Evolved Stomps onto the PlayStation 4!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, LONEWOLF231 said:

And that is why as a Parent you have to be equal with all your children and not show any type of preference. Cause there will always be complaining children that will feel entitled.  Also it seems you need a break man. Your comments and reply's seems to be full of anger. You need a chill pill. BAD

That sounds like bad parenting imo. Giving the older brother a toy too just because it's their younger brother's birthday? Why? Doesn't that devalue the younger brother, basically telling him that his/her having been born is inconsequential by virtue of all of his siblings being given the same treatment despite it not being their birthday?

As for my replies, I fail to see how emotion conveys through text, but if there were one I would be expressing, it would have to be blunt honesty. I get it, no one likes it when the truth hurts, but you can't fight misinformation by tiptoeing around it. If you perceive it as anger, that's on you.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Jacob946 said:

You better give Xbox more stuff that is exclusive as well

PLEASE

1 hour ago, LONEWOLF231 said:

When can we expect to see said Exclusive Skins??? So far we have only seen one. The Trex skin. While the PS4 gets a Giga Skin and Armor set. Whats up with that???? If you ask me thats not fair at all. Not only do they get more exclusives BUT the game will be in a much better shape than what we had to endure. And before anyone throws the we has to wait a year card. Thats not our fault you shouldnt blame anyone but Sony for that.

42 minutes ago, NightshadeAlpha said:

Will Xbox ever get the giga skin?!!?

Come on people ya'll need to read the pale yellow coloured posts more because that's where the important bits are!

Jat has already stated in this thread that at official launch (Spring 2017) all platforms will be equal and therefore will all get the exclusive skins and stuff. It's right there in this thread in black and pale yellow.

Lets just give PS4 this awesome moment and not all act selfish.

Yay, congratz on PS4, Wildcard.

Nice skins, the PS4 players deserved them for waiting so long. I can actually agree with the other upset PC and Xbox playerbase (I play PC myself btw), we should get more than a fancy parasaur skin.

But I think (PC especially) the other platforms have nothing to complain about, because of events like Fear Evolved, Turkey Trail, etc. PC and Xbox will probably get some cool stuff to along the way.

Keep up the good work, Wildcard.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Sonoske said:

I am usually a very decent forum goer. But a am litterally giving wildcard the finger right now.

The giga skin i can deal with sadly but the raptoring manticore armor are you raptoring insane!!!

It's a timed exclusive, you'll get it at official release, it's only a matter of months.

20 hours ago, KingOfBronzodia said:

what about pc... i bought this game since it got released on steam... because i knew it would become something cool ! everyone who took the risk and bought a game that is in early access without even knowing if it would become something... you rewarded us with giving us a parasaur saddle skin... :/ srsly... e parasaur saddle skin ?! nobody even tames parasaurs... 
at the begining i didn't mind... and then i saw this...now i feal kind of jealous and upset... at least do something to balance our feelings... :P

WE SHALL REBEL!!!!!!!!!

THANKS GUYS VERY MUCH YOU MAKE ME SOOO HAPPY, SINCE I DIDENT HAVE A PC PS4 WAS MY ONLY OPTION AND WHAT IS THE PRICE GOING TO BE BUT I THINK YOU SAID $53.00 BUT IS THAT AUSTRALIAN CURRENCY THANKS HEAPS WILL BUY IT STRAIT ON DECEMBER THE 6th and is it going to available in Australia?? please say yes i have been waiting for this for years now

15 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Item exclusivity has been a thing for a long while now. I don't recall much uproar from Xbox players complaining about not being able to get The Stomping Land rex saddle skin, and PC players have long since stopped complaining about their inability to get the Bionic Rex skin. It's only now with the announcement of the PS4's exclusive items that people are going back into their "me, me me!" mentality.

Probably because its two things that the rest of the community have been super excited about? I know as an Xbox player I can't wait for my opportunity to get the Giga skin, and the armor is just a side thing to me but others probably really want it as well. Then PS4 comes along and they get both of these things that the community has been waiting for just cuz they need "incentive." There is nothing special about PS, they are just like Xbox and it doesn't matter how long they had to wait cuz in my opinion the fact that they had to wait was better for them cuz then they get so much less of the bugs and glitches the rest of us suffer through. Blame their wait on Sony, and don't worry about making them feel special. You mean those ridiculous glasses you can put on the Rex? Lol, I can't think of anyone I know who would want those cuz they look ridiculous so that is prly why there isn't a big uproar about it. PC stopped complaining about the Rex skin cuz it was already long confirmed they are getting it in the future so there isn't a need to keep complaining.

Edited by UDGxKnight

19 hours ago, Ekoby said:

@OGCookies

I have joined the game fairly recently as far Ark's history goes, so I dont think I was there for the xbox one/or understood the pc one, but you can have as many parasaur saddles and dino glasses as you want.

But to be honest, for me it is about the manticore set more than anything.

The issue, as I have said, is the exclusivity.

Sure have your opinions, cannot see how you came to them but yeah.

What I meant though is you arent backing up your statement that the skins can be earned on pc......

Literally like talking to a brick wall lol.

Edit: How is it justified? Ok wildcard please can you muck up something with pc then give us armor that breathes fire in a years time, thanks.

Nobody in this thread has stopped to consider the business ramifications. Has anyone thought about the wording of the original post. Together wildcard and Sony worked together. This is business speak for "we went back and forth with them for a long time before agreeing to give them exclusives that would boost their console sales in exchange for a release on their platform. No, it is not inconsideration or a slap in the face. It was a business decision made for the benefit of ark and wildcards economic future. To me that justifies the exclusives...but sure whine about things you don't understand and if you think you could make better business decisions apply to work there. Done with the rant post.

Lets just be excited about the future of the game together people. This community is better than this.

@NovaCon Well this was over, given that Jat had clarified the actual facts in this thread, but since you want to address me I'll answer.

I do not give two ***** about the business ramifications, I have my own job to think about in that way, this is a video game I bought to enjoy, the rest is just you being idealistic. I dont care about the other players (I mean I dont want a dead game, but I dont think it is dead) and if people were actually honest with themselves, they mainly care about themselves too. Makes me want to throw up when I see comments like "lets just be excited for everyone and hold hands wearing daisy chains".

Its a video game, people paid for it, they expect to all be treated the same, anything else just doesnt matter as we are not wildcard employees, I literally dont give two ***** about any of this self righteous bollocks people are saying. Its a game, I paid for it, im not going to buy 100 other consoles, the parasaur skin was poop, the ps4 look amazing, /thread

Either way, Jat cleared it up, read the whole thread from yesterday and youll save yourself an argument.

Edit: I fully understand, but I dont care about any of what you just said, Wildcard are not a charity that are not doing us a favour, they are making a product we purchase for hard earned money. Dont be naive.

Edited by Ekoby

14 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

@NovaCon Well this was over, given that Jat had clarified the actual facts in this thread, but since you want to address me I'll answer.

I do not give two ***** about the business ramifications, I have my own job to think about in that way, this is a video game I bought to enjoy, the rest is just you being idealistic. I dont care about the other players (I mean I dont want a dead game, but I dont think it is dead) and if people were actually honest with themselves, they mainly care about themselves too. Makes me want to throw up when I see comments like "lets just be excited for everyone and hold hands wearing daisy chains".

Its a video game, people paid for it, they expect to all be treated the same, anything else just doesnt matter as we are not wildcard employees, I literally dont give two ***** about any of this self righteous bollocks people are saying. Its a game, I paid for it, im not going to buy 100 other consoles, the parasaur skin was poop, the ps4 look amazing, /thread

Either way, Jat cleared it up, read the whole thread from yesterday and youll save yourself an argument.

Now that's just too bad. Maybe I am idealistic but yes, you should be excited for everyone. You need to get rid of the entitlement as it will only hurt you in the future. Victim mentality is something I see way too much of. I do care that you have a job and that you payed for this game that you want to enjoy. If you had never read this forum and simply enjoyed this game for what it is you would never have come here. So play on a server for a while to calm down. And if you didn't want to care about the other players then why ARE you here. At that point your woes are self inflicted. I am not saying wildcard has made great decisions. Scorched Earth was handled horribly as well as communications and updates. In this case however I don't think wildcard deserves the hate.

@NovaCon You are idealistic and clearly inexperienced if your going to say my attitude wont help me in future, because it is.

I am being Realistic, and I am most definitely not playing the victim. Tell me how I am playing the victim? Also how are my "woes" self inflicted? lol

Spinelessness, brown noseing and putting others rightful arguments down by empty fallacious moral judgments is something I see too much of.

Do you know what entitled means? I dont expect any special treatment, and I am not the only one who feels this way, I just want the same as everyone else...for all of us to be the same. Maybe I'm entitled to you because I dont worship wildcard as a god and accept any mistakes they do because I enjoy the game, the reason Im here is because I enjoy the game, but Ill speak up if I dont like something and some idealistic view you hold is not a reason for others not to do.

I come to these forums because I care about the game, not because I care about you or anyone else (well other than my girlfriend that I play with).

What winds me up is seeing people morally judge others and say they are being selfish or "entitled" when all they are saying is..."why does joe get x and I get y when we both bought z."

But Jat has already said we we all be getting x and y! lol (shout out to pokemon)

I'm totally fine and dont need to calm me down but appreciate the concern lol.

So in your view I can only come to these forums if I care about other players and not game? Thats the reason I'm here, I care about the GAME.

Go make some private tribe/friends forum if you want to circlejerk wildcard and love each other, I simply am here to point out what I deem a flaw in a game I currently spend most of my time on.

If you dont like that I dont care, but if your going to start making personal judgments this will just end with an unrelated war of words.

Out of interest, do you think its right that (even though its not actually the case now as Jat cleared it up!!) a platform should have something exclusive over other platforms for a developer not being able to release it at the same time? (Although its now becoming clear it was Sony's demands...but that doesnt change anything).

Edit: I love scorched earth (actually do), why do you have to talk wildcard down man? They dont deserve the hate!!! Dont come here if you have negative feelings mannn!

Edited by Ekoby

47 minutes ago, NovaCon said:

Nobody in this thread has stopped to consider the business ramifications. Has anyone thought about the wording of the original post. Together wildcard and Sony worked together. This is business speak for "we went back and forth with them for a long time before agreeing to give them exclusives that would boost their console sales in exchange for a release on their platform. No, it is not inconsideration or a slap in the face. It was a business decision made for the benefit of ark and wildcards economic future. To me that justifies the exclusives...but sure whine about things you don't understand and if you think you could make better business decisions apply to work there. Done with the rant post.

Lets just be excited about the future of the game together people. This community is better than this.

It IS a slap in the face WITHOUT pc and Xbox there would be NO chance of release on PS4 period