ARK: Survival Evolved Stomps onto the PlayStation 4!

Jatheish

@Jat Thumbs up to you, dude. I kindly asked that the skins be timed exclusives, that we get them eventually and it seems that's the case. I give you props for listening to us and coming out to say so on the forum instead of just letting what was a discussion turn into a nasty, embittered argument.

I defended you guys on Scorched Earth to my friends & I'll continue to defend you so long as you publicly acknowledge your forum community and offer to make reasonable solutions when issues such as these arise.

Let's stop arguing about skins & be happy for our new PS4 fellow Survivors.

Once again - Congrats to the new PS4 survivors & owners, you guys are in for a heck-of-a-time.

Sony: we'll only let you release your game if you do these 50 things to appease us first. 

Wildcard: Um ok, that's going to P&*( off quite a lot of our playerbase. How about we do the minimum required to appease your requirements and at least avoid a huge PR storm. Also no DlC exclusivity deals.

Sony: *sulks* Fine. but we don't like it. We just want the angry letters to stop coming from the people who bought our console and want to play your game.

Wildcard: Us too! Lets be friends after all.

Established Fanbase: Fetch the pitchforks and oil!!! Exclusivity is censorship!!! We're entitled as consumers!!!

Wildcard (quietly): Please raptor jesus, let the PS4 lot be more chilled out than the rest of them, please...

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

@Jat you could have literally prevented this entire thread by adding that to the original post lmfao

Good to know though, thank you.

So they will auto spawn on death then? All of these?

Not sure how they'll be achieved yet, bit soon to tell as we may even change up this 'spawn on death' system. Just that it'll be available for everyone :)

45 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

@Jat Any plans to release roadmap  of what you're going to do in game till final release? Such roadmap was promised when you released game in EA, it's mentioned on store page even. It would be nice to know you clearly know what have to be done before 1.0.

There was some mention that the road map is in the latest PC Gamer Mag (the one that talks about the tek tier update). Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Dustrider

9 minutes ago, Dustrider said:

There was some mention that the road map is in the latest PC Gamer Mag (the one that talks about the tek tier update). Can anyone confirm this?

It's quite disappointing to find out what's the future of ARK I would have to pay for it. Heh, I can't but that magazine in my country to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

It's quite disappointing to find out what's the future of ARK I would have to pay for it. Heh, I can't but that magazine in my country to begin with.

They did say they would release it for free after the magazine came out. I think it was just going to be listed in the magazine first.

Seriously though... why does every multiplatform game seem to always give PS all the exclusive content? 

As I read previous posts I stumbled across Jat's post about them being time locked...

I don't mind waiting but it seems to be a trend that game companies are favoring the PS platform with all these exclusives. 

Edited by OniZero713

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, OniZero713 said:

Seriously though... why does every multiplatform game seem to always give PS all the exclusive content? 

As I read previous posts I stumbled across Jat's post about them being time locked...

I don't mind waiting but it seems to be a trend that game companies are favoring the PS platform with all these exclusives. 

Yeah, how dare the playstation get exclusive skins like the bionic giga that the pc players can get if they slog through SOTF, or the manticore costue set, 3 parts of which are available on all platforms via defeating the manticore! That's all totally super exclusive and rude to other consoles like the Xbox who only gets the bionic Rex skin that isn't even obtainable on any other platform! Let's riot!

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Kenpachi said:

Hmmm why does ps4 get the giga skin? The manticor armor skins I'm  not mad about since me and my tribe can kill it legitimately and get the armor skins that way. but seriously is xbox gonna get it as well or is this gonna turn into another sony exclusive bs type of deal like cod and destiny?

It is a timed exclusive. Upon official launch all platforms will have the same content, including these exclusives.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Its not about the skins its about the idea of exclusives. If skins can be exclusive then Dinos can be. 

Doesn't matter cuz Jat already said that they are just timed exclusives

Item exclusivity has been a thing for a long while now. I don't recall much uproar from Xbox players complaining about not being able to get The Stomping Land rex saddle skin, and PC players have long since stopped complaining about their inability to get the Bionic Rex skin. It's only now with the announcement of the PS4's exclusive items that people are going back into their "me, me me!" mentality.

51 minutes ago, OniZero713 said:

Its how Sony operates they wont put a game out for thier system without it being exclusive they do it with all big titles, like when the last call of duty came out there was a commercial going around saying GET IT NOW ON PLAYSTATION with no mention of it being available for pc or xbox. Jat said it was required to be released for PS4 that is because sony made them do it lol