ARK: Survival Evolved Stomps onto the PlayStation 4!

Jatheish

3 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

The desired effect? Causing even more discord between the users of different platforms? I don't see that as desired or wanted by many. Most people want some sort of harmony,  especially in a forum. Discussions and disagreements are going to happen but now, it's pitting players of different consoles against each other. 

Take for instance "other  games". Gamestop gets exclusives for in game content for purchasing the game, not a console, from their store. Walmart and target, best buy and others do the same. It is geared towards the GAME, not an entire console. 

Except for that call of duty weapon skin i got for purchasing it exclusive on xbox, companies do this all the time i mean they are skins for crying out loud........we have had over a year to enjoy the game and earn these skins something ps4 has never been able to do i would gladly trade all my skins for the time i have spent and enjoyed on this game, obviously you have enjoyed it just as much if not more or you would not be here posting such strong opinions on it.

1 minute ago, Ekoby said:

@BigRed1227 Perfectly put.

Thank you. 

And furthermore,  if you were to purchase an xb1 bundle pack, like gears 4, or whichever,  you could find the SAME THING at all retailers. Best buy offers the xb1 bundle in the same package, the same hardware/software as walmart. Skins and exclusives are a way for marketing departments to get sales at their stores. I see it as, we bought the game, we should get the same treatment. I'm not a fan of exclusives,  because all in all, it is the same base game with a little flare. Why can't pc get the rex skin? Why can't xb1 get the giga skin? Xb1 users can only purchase the base game from 1 place. Pc users can only get it from 1 place.

8 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Any update on the Xbox one S? I know it's not as powerful as the pro but I thought it was mentioned on the stream that they could optimize for it. 

I have no facts to back this up but I think if you have an xbox one S it will naturally run slightly better (note very slightly) if its similar to other games

@OGCookies You say we had over a year to earn these skins, we can earn all the manticore skins shown as exclusive for ps4??

Even if we can (which is news to me) that is no reason to give it for free, because you cannot possibly make the assumption that all the player base for pc have gained such achievements as the basis for giving every ps4 player the reward....

I understand your points you just make them poorly.

10 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

@OGCookies You say we had over a year to earn these skins, we can earn all the manticore skins shown as exclusive for ps4??

Even if we can (which is news to me) that is no reason to give it for free, because you cannot possibly make the assumption that all the player base for pc have gained such achievements as the basis for giving every ps4 player the reward....

I understand your points you just make them poorly.

They deserve that reward for patiently waiting for a year and a half while we all got to play and enjoy the game a cosmetic skin that gives no in game advantage what so ever is the best solution to this, i will try to simplify my point next time i apologize

@OGCookies

Ok we've already addressed this lol but I'll repeat myself for you.

They can have the reward fine, but ALL ark players should have the reward, maybe in a Christmas event or something.

PS4 players didnt do anything to earn the reward any more than I did for wildcards mistakes.

E Q U A L I T Y

Again you make the point as cosmetics being something minor. Ok for you sure, go play your mods. For a lot of people it isnt minor, like I said many people grind endgame challenges for those sort of skins.

Importantly, it isnt just the exclusivity, but the actual nature of those skins...they look so damn cool compared to a dish cloth saddle and harry potter glasses for derpy the parasaur (no offense to harry potter).

And the fact that they complete a set from a very hard to get helm (noticed you couldnt address my point about the set being earned, classic ogcookies on not backing up his/her statements) that pc players cant complete, just adds insult to injury.

It's not about an in game advantage, no one has said that. That doesnt change anything.

Edited by Ekoby

7 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

@OGCookies

Ok we've already addressed this lol but I'll repeat myself for you.

They can have the reward fine, but ALL ark players should have the reward, maybe in a Christmas event or something.

PS4 players didnt do anything to earn the reward any more than I did for wildcards mistakes.

E Q U A L I T Y

Again you make the point as cosmetics being something minor. Ok for you sure, go play your mods. For a lot of people it isnt minor, like I said many people grind endgame challenges for those sort of skins.

Importantly, it isnt just the exclusivity, but the actual nature of those skins...they look so damn cool compared to a dish cloth saddle and harry potter glasses for derpy the parasaur (no offense to harry potter).

And the fact that they complete a set from a very hard to get helm (noticed you couldnt address my point about the set being earned, classic ogcookies on not backing up his/her statements) that pc players cant complete, just adds insult to injury.

It's not about an in game advantage, no one has said that. That doesnt change anything.

Just confused as to why it is an issue now that PS4 comes out, where is the objection for the skins exclusive for xbox and PC prior to this, is your issue that the items are console exclusive or that they get them for free because both are justified in my eyes 

@OGCookies

I have joined the game fairly recently as far Ark's history goes, so I dont think I was there for the xbox one/or understood the pc one, but you can have as many parasaur saddles and dino glasses as you want.

But to be honest, for me it is about the manticore set more than anything.

The issue, as I have said, is the exclusivity.

Sure have your opinions, cannot see how you came to them but yeah.

What I meant though is you arent backing up your statement that the skins can be earned on pc......

Literally like talking to a brick wall lol.

Edit: How is it justified? Ok wildcard please can you muck up something with pc then give us armor that breathes fire in a years time, thanks.

Edited by Ekoby

So this is concerning news. Just more of Sony dishing out tons of cash for exclusives to compete with other consoles and continue to sew the seeds of discord between players (and people say they "care" more.. yeah care more about their pocketbooks). There should NOT be "exclusives" ever. All it does its make people annoyed and causes arguments. Warframe and Destiny are two prime examples of nonsensical exclusives. Everyone should have access to everything so that it is fair. I don't care if it is just a skin and doesn't affect the game, it is still a simple fact of that I feel cheated out of content just because of some stupid competition between gaming platforms. Ruins the communities of gamers and turns people against each other. PS4 players don't "deserve" anything just cause they had to wait cuz Sony doesn't allow pre-release programs or mods (more of that "caring" for their player base). All them waiting means is that they have to deal with a MASSIVELY less amount of bugs and glitches than PC and ALOT less than XBox1. They should be happy they didn't get it while the game was so broken. 

Exclusives are just bad doesn't matter what they are. 

• Administrator

Just a heads up regarding the exclusive skins guys, these are timed. They were required in order to get the release out, we have some on Xbox too. Although once the game hits Version 1.0 in Spring 2017 (Official Release) , all platforms will gain access to the skins and there won't be any exclusives, or any parity between the versions. 

1 minute ago, Jat said:

Just a heads up regarding the exclusive skins guys, these are timed. They were required in order to get the release out, we have some on Xbox too. Although once the game hits Version 1.0 in Spring 2017 (Official Release) , all platforms will gain access to the skins and there won't be any exclusives, or any parity between the versions. 

Thanks for taking time out to clarify Jat, good work as usual