ARK: Survival Evolved Stomps onto the PlayStation 4!

Jatheish

1 minute ago, BigRed1227 said:

They have had 2 other platforms to play the game on. If they wanted it that badly, then get a different platform.

Not everyone can afford to just buy another system, especially just to play one game. I could, and I've been playing, so I understand Wildcard's decision to give a COSMETIC gift to those who couldn't

3 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

You got the excusive bionic rex skin, that PC players paid for. They're entitled to something extra as well as you were

I don't think the exclusive Rex skin was a good move either, pretty lame really, I honestly wish PC players had it, doesn't make my game any less fun if they do have access to it.

@PikaSaurus And Wildcard deserve to be "dumped on" as you so put it for this.

What happens between the big corporations is frankly nothing to do with us.

We as consumers all bought Ark Survival Evolved.

It is the exclusivity that is the issue.

You seem to think people being up in arms about this means they dont care that ps4 players were messed over, those two positions are not one and the same thing.

Also, if you dont care about the "mere" cosmetic, fine, but as you can see the majority do.

Edited by Ekoby

Just now, PikaSaurus said:

Not everyone can afford to just buy another system, especially just to play one game. I could, and I've been playing, so I understand Wildcard's decision to give a COSMETIC gift to those who couldn't

And I understand this. I agree that not everyone can afford another console or hell, even a gaming computer but to say that they have had to wait a year just to play is not valid. They had to wait where as us pc and xb1 users had to endure everything else

1 minute ago, PikaSaurus said:

It also doesn't make it any less fun for others to have it. Again, it's a simple cosmetic.

I think you mean for others "not" to have it, and yes it does make it less fun. To get the Rex skin I had to complete every Dino dossier and I spent a good amount of time doing that, especially with a glitchy game it was very difficult but fun task and I accomplished it. Added more gameplay.

1 minute ago, Ekoby said:

@PikaSaurus And Wildcard deserve to be "dumped on" as you so put it for this.

What happens between the big corporations is frankly nothing to do with us.

We as consumers all bought Ark Survival Evolved.

It is the exclusivity that is the issue.

You seem to think people being up in arms about this means they dont care that ps4 players were messed over, those two positions are not one and the same thing.

It doesn't matter that it has nothing to with us, it matters that it involves the PS4 players, not us. Every system has its exclusives. For the PC, its the hundreds and hundreds of mods that add in cosmetics, for the Xbox, its the bionic Rex skin and founder hat.

Wildcard does not deserve to be dumped on

2 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

And I understand this. I agree that not everyone can afford another console or hell, even a gaming computer but to say that they have had to wait a year just to play is not valid. They had to wait where as us pc and xb1 users had to endure everything else

And what makes you think the PS4 users just get these skins right off the bat?

@PikaSaurus The mods are not an exclusive for pc, I play official servers, the fact the platforms they are played on  are different means nothing, thats nothing to do with the game, its the platform. And no not every console game gets exclusives.

So one minute people are speaking about the ark community and now your saying it doesnt concern us, just ps4 players.

We all bought Ark Survival Evolved, is is simply not fair and not right that they get such an awesome set of skins purely because wildcard didnt deliver.

And yes, they do.

Edited by Ekoby

As bummed as I am about not having some of the bugs fixed that are in the game that make it hard to play and not getting those skins, I am happy that it's now on PS4, I know a few friends and family that only use that and cannot wait for them to be able to play this game that I love (and hate at times).  Welcome to Ark PS4 players you're in for a wild ride, both good and bad.  LOL

@PikaSaurus You also seem to be making light of it being a cosmetic issue like that makes it somehow minor.

Skins like this are a lot of the reason why people grind extreme endgame challenges in games, because it looks so good on their character. You can go play with your unreliable mods if you want, just because PC platform allows people to do that isnt a reason that in the official game, all platforms cant be equal.

3 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

@PikaSaurus You also seem to be making light of it being a cosmetic issue like that makes it somehow minor.

Skins like this are a lot of the reason why people grind extreme endgame challenges in games, because it looks so good on their character. You can go play with your unreliable mods if you want, just because PC platform allows people to do that isnt a reason that in the official game, all platforms cant be equal.

Agreed. All the skins should be available on ALL platforms. 

@ranger1presents You should probably read it again then because it isnt just me (which I presume your suggesting) that is posting.

Its not a common practice. But on a case by case basis, can you not see how for Arks case (no one is talking about other games, this is an Ark Forum) the specifics of these exclusives are very unfair?

We are all the same player base, dont care if your playing on a toaster, I am not saying screw the ps4 players I'm saying we all bought the same game.

So Wild Cards aim was to have people buying the ps4 game? Even if they own it on Xbox or pc?

What is your opinion on this?

Just now, ranger1presents said:

I'm not seeing a "majority of posts" on this, just isolated opinions repeated many times by the same people to be honest.

It's common practice in the gaming industry to give different exclusives to one platform or another depending on the release date on that platform.  The fact that people seem to want it so badly is actually great, as it means WC's promotion effort is having the desired effect.

The desired effect? Causing even more discord between the users of different platforms? I don't see that as desired or wanted by many. Most people want some sort of harmony,  especially in a forum. Discussions and disagreements are going to happen but now, it's pitting players of different consoles against each other. 

Take for instance "other  games". Gamestop gets exclusives for in game content for purchasing the game, not a console, from their store. Walmart and target, best buy and others do the same. It is geared towards the GAME, not an entire console.