ARK: Survival Evolved Stomps onto the PlayStation 4!

Jatheish

1 minute ago, PikaSaurus said:

Man, there are some lousy crybabies on here. Seriously guys, stop whining about not getting a skin. PS4 users have had to wait a full YEAR after Xbox One users got the chance to play at all, I think that earns them a skin. Not to mention all the limited time event skins that PS4 user s have had now way of getting. I already own it on the Xbox  one and PC, but I'm still definitely grabbing it on the ps4

Then give them a rex skin. What about all the skins pc got that xbox hasn't yet? We had to wait a year to get bone skins. Logic.

Edited by BigRed1227

Just now, PikaSaurus said:

Man, there are some lousy crybabies on here. Seriously guys, stop whining about not getting a skin. PS4 users have had to wait a full YEAR after Xbox One users got the chance to play at all, I think that earns them a skin. Not to mention all the limited time event skins that PS4 user s have had now way of getting. I already own it on the Xbox  one and PC, but I'm still definitely grabbing it on the ps4

We are the reason your game is even as ready as it is, because of our feedback. If you were truly a good community member, you'd see that while getting skins is cool, it's pretty lame that the people who've risen the game up don't get thin, maybe think about the whole community instead of just  ps4 ??

Just now, Jaywall said:

We are the reason your game is even as ready as it is, because of our feedback. If you were truly a good community member, you'd see that while getting skins is cool, it's pretty lame that the people who've risen the game up don't get thin, maybe think about the whole community instead of just  ps4 ??

The Xbox users already have that. I think an entire year of waiting entitles them to a unique skin or two.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

Re: the point in bold. PS4 has also had to endure the exact same thing, and even more so.

Xbox got the Rex Skin, only fair PS4 gets a similar skin. Yes they get the Manticore outfits too, which i'm jealous about, but the PS4 community has missed out on so much for so long, it's totally deserved.

There is still a lot more to come from ARK, this isn't the end.

They have endured the launch of the game. They will get to play a game where they will not have to experience all of what we have had to. What will they miss out on? They will get a far better, and closer to finished product than what we started with. Guns in primitive. Under map tame killing. Duplication glitches. The list goes on and on. Lots of things that they will never have to endure and recover from.

It's not like we had any special events (though we were supposed to) except for the Turkey, and even it started out as a disaster as WAY over-powered Turkeys decimated bases. 

Hard to compare a Rex to a Giga. One is almost phased out due to the other. And as you said, the Manticore outfits. 

Regardless, it's still a slap in the face. I know there is tons to come from the game itself, but instead of offering someone something exclusive for buying the game, WHICH XBOX USERS RECEIVED NOTHING I may add, how about offering this to all players as a celebration for the game and community in embracing the PS4 console and players. 

Also, I saw someone else mention buying a PS4. I will NOT buy an entirely different console just to get a skin on this game. That's a little overboard. 3000 hours logged in this game, and even as dedicated of a player as I am, the skin is not worth buying an entirely new console to me. 

Just now, PikaSaurus said:

The Xbox users already have that. I think an entire year of waiting entitles them to a unique skin or two.

No it really doesn't, because it's Sonys fault that you couldn't play, if you haven't played ark yet, most ps4 only users haven't helped contribute to ark at all. They are entitled to equal content as should the rest of us.

@GamerPerfection saying that PS4 players deserve to be be rewarded with exclusively (this being the only issue here) cool items purely because Wildcard messed up is so fallacious it hurts.

I mean do you really believe what you are saying? Or are you just trying to represent wildcards interest in this?

We dont care if they have been waiting since 1989, that has nothing to do with the rest of the ark player base, its the developers problem that they mucked up in how long it took to deliver the game to ps4, but any person with a grain of intelligence would realise how unfair this is (and to anyone about to say, life isnt fair etc etc, that line doesnt make my post invalid so stop riding wildcards rockarrot, you wont get a cookie for it).

Those skins are so fricking cool! And I just have to keep discarding that multicolored cloth of a saddle and just downright stupid glasses lol while they get something youd expect to be a reward from an end game boss????

You say "Xbox got the rex skin, only fair ps4 get similar skin" .................what?!?!? Lol do you actually believe what your saying or have you spent too long with the wildcards Rockarrot up your dinosaur gateway? The player base all bought the same game, they should receive the same content, ps4 didnt get it, thats wildcards fault and I feel for them, but this is not the way....

Also @ROYALXxScorpion your answer is, if I want the skin buy a ps4? What??? Surely you cant be serious? 

This is a joke I dont even know where to start lol

I would happily wait another 4 years till I could play ark to get those skins, so I can be "rewarded" for my hard work.

@Jat Why??? 

Edited by Ekoby
Jat come on man...

So let me get this straight. 

Pc players have been your main line of support, dedication, modding, fixing and activity. We choose to get dedicated server up which can be a real struggle because of ARK's unstable behavior. We deal with insane memory usage for 0 reason, we have to deal with constant delays in updates, deal with dino's disappearing without any explenation, refund or any other compensation and we get a Parasaur saddle skin? Which btw doesn't look any different from the default one beside the colors. Oh, let me take that back, it probably does look different, sadly I never saw the use in getting a Parasaur to actually see the difference. We opt in the early access for a while, immediatly supported the DLC you guys dropped in our face. And this is the thanks we get?

But ofcourse, the poor PS4 players who had to wait for ARK to be released deserve 2 exclusives. Seems like you guys have the worst idea's. Whoever supports this of the staff team is seriously sucking up. There is no justification for this. I think it's fair to say the people who endured the most sh**t in this entire period of ARK being released is the official server players. Yet they get nothing in return compared to some people who just had to wait. Get your act together. People are pissed about it, and obviously expect a compensation for this redicilous decision you guys made. First Xbox gets their exclusive Rex skin, we took that. Now this? WC, please. Honestly highly disappointed in your studio to be fairly honest. This is coming from a dedicated server host btw. And I can't imagin how annoyed the official players must feel.

15 minutes ago, Reshkrom1153 said:

Excuse me?

PS4 didn't have to endure anything. All they did was whine and ask when it's going to be on PS4. Did you see anyone complaining when it'll be on xbox or PC?

A rex skin for gaining all the dossiers ( a pretty difficult challenge) is nothing compared to getting the giga skin so easily. In Pc you have to win hundreds of SOTF matches, we don't even have it on Xbox!

There is nothing deserving about selling out to PS4 players like this.

Glad to see we both agree with the manticore armour. They're getting rewards from killing bosses simply by buying the game.

I believe his point is that PS4 players have been waiting far longer than any other group of players, so they are getting something a little bit extra. 

7 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

Lol I could barely afford an Xbox one living on my own when they first came out, but if you can conveniently Purchase and play ark on 3 systems then I see why you can't understand how this bothers some people. Doesn't make it a good move on wildcats part. "Hey ps4 players, sorry Sony won't let us give you the game yet, here's some exclusive skins we worked on that the Xbox and PC community paid for."

Just now, ranger1presents said:

I believe his point is that PS4 players have been waiting far longer than any other group of players, so they are getting something a little bit extra. 

Having to wait, compared to having to endure time being wasted because of game breaking bugs grants you a little extra? Sounds about right... not.

14 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

14 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

It's not Xbox, PC or even Wildcards fault they've had to wait a year, it's the fact that PS4 doesn't have an early access program and Sony REFUSED to let them release it, so the fact that they're rewarding Sony after they gave Wildcard and their own player base the middle finger for a whole year means to me that Wildcard is basically taking a dump on our chests as a reward for actually play testing their game.

7 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

Lol I could barely afford an Xbox one living on my own when they first came out, but if you can conveniently Purchase and play ark on 3 systems then I see why you can't understand how this bothers some people. Doesn't make it a good move on wildcats part. "Hey ps4 players, sorry Sony won't let us give you the game yet, here's some exclusive skins we worked on that the Xbox and PC community paid for."

You got the excusive bionic rex skin, that PC players paid for. They're entitled to something extra as well as you were

1 minute ago, PikaSaurus said:

You talk like I'm an exclusive ps4 player. I'm not. I've owned it since day 1 and have given tons of feedback. If YOU were a good community member, and not an immature grump, yuou would realize that their double waiting time is a reasonable cause for two skins

They have had 2 other platforms to play the game on. If they wanted it that badly, then get a different platform.

1 minute ago, FrostyNWinters said:

It's not Xbox, PC or even Wildcards fault they've had to wait a year, it's the fact that PS4 doesn't have an early access program and Sony REFUSED to let them release it, so the fact that they're rewarding Sony after they gave Wildcard and their own player base the middle finger for a whole year means to me that Wildcard is basically taking a dump on our chests as a reward for actually play testing their game.

Except that they're not rewarding Sony, they're rewarding the PS4 players that have had to wait. Wildcard is not taking a dump on anyone, but it seems that you are crapping on Wildcard simply for them giving PS4 players a mere cosmetic