For the Love of God, STOP cross-ark transfers until they are done right!

Cullis

Currently, everyone knows how to dupe. 

Game is unstable, and easy to crash.

Cross-ark transfers provide the easy means of duping, and thus they provide a reason for dupers to crash servers and cause rollbacks. 

Thus, the game is unplayable. Because there is an incentive to crash the servers! Remove the incentive, crashes go away. 

So please, for the love of God, seal the transfers away until your devs can fix this issue and prevent the ability to dupe (and also to lose dinos due to rollbacks!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cullis said:

Currently, everyone knows how to dupe. 

Game is unstable, and easy to crash.

Cross-ark transfers provide the easy means of duping, and thus they provide a reason for dupers to crash servers and cause rollbacks. 

Thus, the game is unplayable. Because there is an incentive to crash the servers! Remove the incentive, crashes go away. 

So please, for the love of God, seal the transfers away until your devs can fix this issue and prevent the ability to dupe (and also to lose dinos due to rollbacks!

No, everyone does not know how to dupe. Come on, now. (I don't, and I play a lot)

Game is unstable, yes, and I get dashboarded all the time, but I don't know if our server ever completely crashes. 

Point #3, again, I don't really know what you mean. How would a rollback benefit them?

Duping is clearly extremely game-breaking, but I thought they already fixed that issue with one of the recent patches. Am I missing something?

25 minutes ago, TimeSpiral said:

No, everyone does not know how to dupe. Come on, now. (I don't, and I play a lot)

Game is unstable, yes, and I get dashboarded all the time, but I don't know if our server ever completely crashes. 

Point #3, again, I don't really know what you mean. How would a rollback benefit them?

Duping is clearly extremely game-breaking, but I thought they already fixed that issue with one of the recent patches. Am I missing something?

No, they didn't. They fixed mass-duping of items and resources.  Duping of dinos, saddles and raw materials is still possible. 

Can't really explain without giving away how exactly people are duping, but trust me on this, they need the rollbacks for it. And I believe this is not permitted on the server, you're only supposed to say it in support tickets. (of which there must be plenty).

It's an Early Access game - this is a testing phase. Regardless of whether or not the Transfers are considered as being done "right" currently, the only way they're ever going to find what's right is by live testing it. Demanding the Transfers go away until they're done only ensures we'll just get another pile of confusing nonsense in a couple of weeks. Because what you're really saying is "Please take the transfer system away for a bit and replace it with something else completely untested in a live environment."  They're not going to be able to fix all the potential duping exploits without finding them - and all the developer testing in the world is not as good at finding dupes as just handing your game to arsehole players is.

3 hours ago, TimeSpiral said:

Well, maybe not everyone, but the people duping certainly know. If you just think about what is said here for 5 minutes (and any hacker would), you can figure out how to dupe with the information just given. No, they haven't fixed it, but I think what they did is reduced how easy it was. They removed the ability to stack large numbers of very resource expensive items. So now it takes much more effort to dupe, but still possible I think.

I agree, this vulnerability opens up the servers to becoming even more unstable than they already are. This mostly only affects PVP servers, although could be done on PVE server too, but not sure anyone would bother. Anything that makes the hackers benefit from crashing the server and cause a rollback (restore from a save point), is a bad thing.

BTW, duping has nothing to do with how much you play or know about ARK. The dupers communicate these exploits similar to how hackers communicate PC exploits. Who knows, they could even be sold and traded in the "black market".

2 hours ago, zacmanthedamned said:

It's an Early Access game - this is a testing phase. Regardless of whether or not the Transfers are considered as being done "right" currently, the only way they're ever going to find what's right is by live testing it. Demanding the Transfers go away until they're done only ensures we'll just get another pile of confusing nonsense in a couple of weeks. Because what you're really saying is "Please take the transfer system away for a bit and replace it with something else completely untested in a live environment."  They're not going to be able to fix all the potential duping exploits without finding them - and all the developer testing in the world is not as good at finding dupes as just handing your game to arsehole players is.

They have already found the dupe mechanism. And all they did was create a patch that made it harder to dupe, but didn't remove the actual mechanism they were using. The simple mechanism is that anything that causes a server rollback can be used to dupe. Can they remove all crashes from the game? Seems highly unlikely. So instead we are waiting for them to re-code how uploads work to prevent duping. I'm guessing that will take a huge effort and won't happen any time soon. So I guess we are all stuck with this exploit as long as transfers of items is enabled.

A major issue is the fact Alpha tribes have little choice with the fact they need to block obs to prevent other alphas from different servers from wiping everyone. It has become so bad now they are resorting to drop cathers to prevent people from using beacons to download their dinos and raiding weaponry, it has reached the point where something that is a key mecahnic in the game for achieving progress now has to be stopped due to people abusing a mechanic to wipe every tribe on a server and claiming that server as their own before then moving on to do the same thing on another server; thus this results in a vicious cycle of official servers being systematically 'wiped'. This in turn is ruining the experience of potential new players to the game who will have some of their first pvp experiences ruined meaning they can't enjoy the game for what it is.

In my experience of this games fixes only come when every one knows cough cough bullet proof quetz floating platforms + hod  vid. I don't know how their duping I'd guess it's upload to the ob (sep server) crash your server causing 15min roll back and have the dino in ob and base die to the 15min.  If so now every knows and they will do somthing if not well share. ( I have no idea how you would crash and xbox server is that even possible?) 

48 minutes ago, Willster said:

A major issue is the fact Alpha tribes have little choice with the fact they need to block obs to prevent other alphas from different servers from wiping everyone. It has become so bad now they are resorting to drop cathers to prevent people from using beacons to download their dinos and raiding weaponry, it has reached the point where something that is a key mecahnic in the game for achieving progress now has to be stopped due to people abusing a mechanic to wipe every tribe on a server and claiming that server as their own before then moving on to do the same thing on another server; thus this results in a vicious cycle of official servers being systematically 'wiped'. This in turn is ruining the experience of potential new players to the game who will have some of their first pvp experiences ruined meaning they can't enjoy the game for what it is.

Come on, this is BS. Drops are not a 'key mechanic', they're a mostly useless gimmick. 

1 hour ago, Cullis said:

Come on, this is BS. Drops are not a 'key mechanic', they're a mostly useless gimmick. 

They are a key mechanic for small tribes and particularly solo players who need every blueprint they can get so they can get the engrams that really matters to them and their play style especially when using a mind wipe.

BRUH! The new cross ark stuff has RUINED the game.  I paid for the DLC and NOW I CANT GET TO IT because fearful alphas block ALL DROPS and ALL OBLIEKS!!!  Huge mega alpha tribes are trading amongs each other, they are WIPING THEM OFF THE GAME FOREVER!  these mega super alphas go from server to server wiping anything in their path and it is totally unballanced.  DEVS DILO man, this TERRIBLE, i got over 4500hrs in the game and now its all about to be SNUFFED OUT because of 1 patch that broke the game.  RIP ark.  I am NOT re building and re taming all of that poop. pvp is one thing but some mega tribe that has super tames barges in and disrupts everything.

why does everyone say I have this many hours in the game, like that makes one validate over another....anyway, if you don't want the PVP do PVE.  If you got wiped by another from the same server would you be as salty as some mega tribe?  Just curious.  I agree however that the cross ark needs revamped so no disagreement there.

NEVER transfer to a server with a high level character with out testing it with a level 1 first! My tribe mate clicked the wrong server so i joined as a level one to farm explosives but finally someone that spoke ok english logged in and let him out through an obelisk lol Close call cause it would of taken another 2-3 hours to farm grenades to blow a metal foundation. 

Green Ob was covered with a vault! 

49 minutes ago, Maximo101 said:

I just got the game, started reading the various forums and see this come up everywhere. it is very concerning for a new player like myself.

If you do not know anyone yet just test servers with new characters until one seems okay to start building on. Have to do a little exploring and chatting these day :) 

14 hours ago, Rancor said:

NEVER transfer to a server with a high level character with out testing it with a level 1 first! My tribe mate clicked the wrong server so i joined as a level one to farm explosives but finally someone that spoke ok english logged in and let him out through an obelisk lol Close call cause it would of taken another 2-3 hours to farm grenades to blow a metal foundation. 

Green Ob was covered with a vault! 

So what you are saying is don't use a core feature of the game as Wildcard refuse to fix the glaring issues with it?

We shouldn't have to go through all this to transfer a character, it shouldn't even be linked to obs or air drops.

Archived