Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feen74

Megalosaurus

This poor thing, It gets sold as some kind of fantastic night time hunter but falls completely short.  It is the only creature with a sleep cycle. Perhaps if the other creatures would sleep as well it might have an advantage but instead it's at a disadvantage. All creatures in the game can see at night. It has no advantage over them. Perhaps if it enabled it's rider to see better at night it would be more useful ... but alas no. But then there's this :

While Megalosaurus is not the most powerful theropod, it is still highly sought after by night-raiders. Due to its nocturnal nature, Megalosaurus becomes much more formidable at night – dodging attacks, conserving stamina, and attacking more accurately, to name a few of its enhanced talents.

I don't know anything about any of that. I took one out for a test run at night and it didn't seem to perform better than any other therapod dinosaur in game. Instead I found myself needing to use night vision goggles to be able to even hunt with it. That's clearly not an advantage.

Just seems to me that this poor thing could be so much more than what it is ... which for me sadly is just a narcoleptic base decoration.

They are a lot faster on foot at night, can out run them all except maybe wild allos but close.  Just bump a little into speed.

They are specialized in their uses though so they per say don't outperform on the basics like damage models, but in other ways.  For night vision, WC never said you would see better at night, just hunting at night gives the dino is boosts vs daytime.  Daytime they are worthless unless for the most part.