Patch 252: Achatina, Megalosaurus, Moschops, Pachyrhinosaurus, New Caves and more!

Jatheish

On 24/11/2016 at 0:51 AM, Jat said:

It is also reverence for its uncanny ability to create an organic, incredibly strong, lightweight plates that can be shaped and then heat treated into casings for anything.

Has anyone figured out the recipe, yet? Organic Polymer is not produced entirely passively, so I assume there is a Dung Bettle-like recipe. 

Also, do they eat anything other than Sweet Vegetables Cakes? I assumed this would be llke kangaroos and other special tames that default to berries or meat once tamed, but I can't find anything they'll eat other than Sweet Vegetable Cakes.

UPDATE: Okay, 1 Organic Polymer has just appeared after 45 minutes. There must be some trick to improve this. Even with the 3x spoilage rate for Organic Polymer while inside the snail, you'll never see more than 2 Organic Polymer. You get 100 just for taming it! Does one of its stats increase this?

Edited by 3mptylord

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

Has anyone figured out the recipe, yet? Organic Polymer is not produced entirely passively, so I assume there is a Dung Bettle-like recipe. 

Also, do they eat anything other than Sweet Vegetables Cakes? I assumed this would be llke kangaroos and other special tames that default to berries or meat once tamed, but I can't find anything they'll eat other than Sweet Vegetable Cakes.

UPDATE: Okay, 1 Organic Polymer has just appeared after 45 minutes. There must be some trick to improve this. Even with the 3x spoilage rate for Organic Polymer while inside the snail, you'll never see more than 2 Organic Polymer. You get 100 just for taming it! Does one of its stats increase this?

To my recollection this is as intended so that players can have the means of obtaining organic polymer for things like minor repairs without overshadowing hunting down kairuku.

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

To my recollection this is as intended so that players can have the means of obtaining organic polymer for things like minor repairs without overshadowing hunting down kairuku.

What can 2 organic polymer actually repair, though?

It generates Snail Paste at a rate of 1 per minute, up to 100. Once it has 100 in its inventory, it won't produce any more. This means you have to come back once every 100 minutes, at most, to make the most out of them - similar to crop plots.

But 2 Organic Polymer every 90 minutes, up to 2... is just bad (since the first one will spoil as the third one is produced). Given that they ONLY eat Herbivore Cakes (even after they're tamed), and thus are a nuisance to keep alive - I don't think it'd would be unbalanced to have a similar rate to Snail Paste (even half would be useful). I think I'd almost prefer a recipe, though.

Although I see a snail backpack being useful when hunting kairuku, due to the extended lifespan.

Edited by 3mptylord

On 24.11.2016 at 1:51 AM, Jat said:

• VFX Indicators for Whistle Commands: Move To, Attack, and Group-Selected Units.
  • Whistle Ordering Groups! Create groups by class, or specific-dino! 
  • New Whistle Type: "Move To", Attack, and Group-Selected Units.

Is there a tutorial which explains how to use these new features in detail?

• 2 weeks later...