PG Arks killed Extinction Servers

By now it is save to say that PG Arks completely killed all 32 extinction servers. This screenshot was taken today at 16:00 CET, two days after the extinction servers reset: https://goo.gl/tS1lBO
When it was still the island each and every one of the 32 servers had at least some people playing at any time. The top two servers would at times be completely filled so you could not even join them. Yes, it was rare but it would happen. There were always at least 7 servers that were really crowded with 20+ people online at all times.
Even in the last days before the reset more people would play on extinction servers than there are now playing JUST TWO DAYS AFTER the reset!
Why is nobody talking about this? My friends and I used to love the pvp experience on the extinction servers. Before PG Arks we would look forward to every reset, finish all the studying and work we had to do before the reset and enjoy the hell out of the first 10 days of each reset cycle. These times are gone now and it's sad. It's especially sad because there is not reason why EACH AND EVERYONE of the 32 extinction servers we're changed to PG. Wildcard - I'm talking to you now: Can you please at least change a handfull of servers back from PG to the island, so we can at least play extinction again? Just look at the numbers of people playing your PG Arks. It should be obvious to anyone that you completely killed the entire extinction community. It doesn't have to be this way. Just let us have fun again.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

On the PGArks note, I find it takes a lot longer to log in each time to the PGs than normal maps. That's even with a cache being stored on my PC.

Maybe that could be causing a problem with people.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2016 at 6:47 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

On the PGArks note, I find it takes a lot longer to log in each time to the PGs than normal maps. That's even with a cache being stored on my PC.

Maybe that could be causing a problem with people.

Yup. Nothing like loading 4 minutes+, and then freezing up and crashing when trying to leave to the main menu.

5 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Yup. Nothing like loading 4 minutes+, and then freezing up and crashing when trying to leave to the main menu.

Nothing like wasting many, many, many, hours to figure out how these new features work. When a simple tutorial could iron this out. Hire a "mod liason" who works more toward their pet project than anything.

20161211202925_1.jpg

On 11/22/2016 at 10:45 AM, Rehash said:

By now it is save to say that PG Arks completely killed all 32 extinction servers. This screenshot was taken today at 16:00 CET, two days after the extinction servers reset: https://goo.gl/tS1lBO
When it was still the island each and every one of the 32 servers had at least some people playing at any time. The top two servers would at times be completely filled so you could not even join them. Yes, it was rare but it would happen. There were always at least 7 servers that were really crowded with 20+ people online at all times.
Even in the last days before the reset more people would play on extinction servers than there are now playing JUST TWO DAYS AFTER the reset!
Why is nobody talking about this? My friends and I used to love the pvp experience on the extinction servers. Before PG Arks we would look forward to every reset, finish all the studying and work we had to do before the reset and enjoy the hell out of the first 10 days of each reset cycle. These times are gone now and it's sad. It's especially sad because there is not reason why EACH AND EVERYONE of the 32 extinction servers we're changed to PG. Wildcard - I'm talking to you now: Can you please at least change a handfull of servers back from PG to the island, so we can at least play extinction again? Just look at the numbers of people playing your PG Arks. It should be obvious to anyone that you completely killed the entire extinction community. It doesn't have to be this way. Just let us have fun again.

i think the PG extinction is awesome. think about it every month it resets to anew map new spots new things to do ya know, instead of well, it reset time to take over the same 3 spots and do the same old thing but no with this it means you have to explore new land, and find new things ya know, i think its a great opertunity

first I think WC made that move to find more info on the play ability for PG Ark map creation in terms of long term and testing it out more.  Because its so experimental they can gain more knowledge as the map resets etc.  

As a player standpoint it is a more difficult idea for play because of the lag and the issues of an experimental system that.  It is exciting at the same time because of the randomness.

I think the best medium is having 1/2 and 1/2.  I personally would enjoy more extinction if it was at around 60 day progression instead of 30.  At 30 I feel I just get a feel for the map, tames and building without any longer term benefits.  

On 11/23/2016 at 8:02 AM, cylon8 said:

well the idea of constant random maps after an extinction event is very appealing to people

Absolutely. I like that there aren't normal places people build, and as a solo player I can stay hidden longer. I also like exploring and looking for bases to raid. The concept is excellent, but it still needs tweaking. 

I really, really tried to enjoy the extinction servers. From the get go - first release, they were crashing people's client every 2-5 minutes. This happened for like... 6 hours, before Jat came on and found a solution (was something to do with harvesting/gathering). Even then, the PG Extinctions were very limited compared to say, The Island. Another thing was that the game still crashed every hour or two. Like for a month or more - everyone who did play crashed CONSTANTLY. 

I would definitely like some Island Extinction servers back as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Redkiller said:

Is it sad that the users have to confirm that things don't work, or is it sad that wildcard refuses to address these issues?

What issue though?

That you have to reconnect to get into a PGArk? Hell, that's what a community forum is for... So people can pass on info, without having to have others, who can be doing other work, have to break what they are doing, to explain...

On 1/17/2017 at 0:30 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

What issue though?

That you have to reconnect to get into a PGArk? Hell, that's what a community forum is for... So people can pass on info, without having to have others, who can be doing other work, have to break what they are doing, to explain...

What info is there to share? Most of the posts here (450 or so), are about how this feature does not work. Yet...... not one post from Jermey or his righthand on these issues. Cool we get hair and fur that we can dye and cut.... How about address the problems at hand? Stop touting new features when the things you've released before are broken.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Redkiller said:

What info is there to share? Most of the posts here (450 or so), are about how this feature does not work. Yet...... not one post from Jermey or his righthand on these issues. Cool we get hair and fur that we can dye and cut.... How about address the problems at hand? Stop touting new features when the things you've released before are broken.

Well, I got my problem sorted, as I was transfering to a PGArk from a cluster, and having to recreate characters all the time... Turns out when you eventually connect to it, you can download the character from the clulster in the character creation screen instead of creating a new character.

The fact that if you sit on the screen for a while, then go back to the server browser, and reconnect to have it work, shows there are ways this works.

The fact that I also found this answer through the forum, goes to show that there is assistance here, you just have to find it. Maybe the devs are a bit busy working on other things rather than having to take up a support role, which, again, is where the "community" forums come into it...

Once you've connected and got the cached map, you'll only take a minute or 2 to actually connect, so in the end, there is no _real_ issue, other than players not having patience.

Just because this thread is full of vitriol and bickering, doesn't mean the information isn't elsewhere on this forum.

By simply staying in this thread, and not looking around is like you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

20 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Well, I got my problem sorted, as I was transfering to a PGArk from a cluster, and having to recreate characters all the time... Turns out when you eventually connect to it, you can download the character from the clulster in the character creation screen instead of creating a new character.

The fact that if you sit on the screen for a while, then go back to the server browser, and reconnect to have it work, shows there are ways this works.

The fact that I also found this answer through the forum, goes to show that there is assistance here, you just have to find it. Maybe the devs are a bit busy working on other things rather than having to take up a support role, which, again, is where the "community" forums come into it...

Once you've connected and got the cached map, you'll only take a minute or 2 to actually connect, so in the end, there is no _real_ issue, other than players not having patience.

Just because this thread is full of vitriol and bickering, doesn't mean the information isn't elsewhere on this forum.

By simply staying in this thread, and not looking around is like you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

Not really sure what you're getting at..... You keep saying "the fact" yet are confused on how these broken features even work. "the fact" is you don't know what you're taking about, and continue to spread misinformation and random metaphors.-_-

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 minutes ago, Redkiller said:

Not really sure what you're getting at..... You keep saying "the fact" yet are confused on how these broken features even work. "the fact" is you don't know what you're taking about, and continue to spread misinformation and random metaphors.-_-

Fact is I was referring to the forums being a knowledgebase for the game, able to be responded to by community members...

But you'd rather have a dev directly answer your queries, and won't settle for anyone telling you what they know.

To that I find that pretty unreasonable.

Quit with the ad hominem too... "misinformation" is only what you consider to be against what you're looking for.

Archived