The Downfall of the Game?

RabidSasquatch7

I have a feeling after this update drops on Xbox, Ark is going to lose A LOT of players. Here's why...

From what I've read, every single tribe in the game is either gearing up to go exact revenge on former/nemesis tribes on other servers, or building up to defend bases from the first group. After the initial game wide war settles in the first few days or week after the update, the tribes who come out on top are going to begin transferring to random servers to raid for loot. It seems like a majority of the tribes I've been talking to plan on doing this. So tribes transfer to raid, leaving their base very undefended besides the turrets and dinos they leave behind. With all the tribes participating in this, you can almost guarantee another tribe will transfer over to raid the tribe that transferred to raid someone else.

Look at it this way...

We have 5 tribes; tribe A on server 1, tribe B on server 2, tribe C on server 3, tribe D on server 4, and tribe E on server 5.

Tribe A transfers to server 2 to raid tribe B, tribe B transfers to server 3 to raid tribe C, etc....

I see this happening to tribes game wide. You'll go to raid and come back 12 hours later with your dinos to find your base leveled or in the process of. Obviously some tribes will be successful in raiding and/or defending. These super powers who play 24/7 or have 30 people will constantly transfer raiding, so nobody will build up, causing players to leave the game because they got wiped while trying to wipe somebody, and now they can't build up because super tribes are making rounds doing complete server wipes.

36 minutes ago, RabidSasquatch7 said:

I have a feeling after this update drops on Xbox, Ark is going to lose A LOT of players. Here's why...

From what I've read, every single tribe in the game is either gearing up to go exact revenge on former/nemesis tribes on other servers, or building up to defend bases from the first group. After the initial game wide war settles in the first few days or week after the update, the tribes who come out on top are going to begin transferring to random servers to raid for loot. It seems like a majority of the tribes I've been talking to plan on doing this. So tribes transfer to raid, leaving their base very undefended besides the turrets and dinos they leave behind. With all the tribes participating in this, you can almost guarantee another tribe will transfer over to raid the tribe that transferred to raid someone else.

Look at it this way...

We have 5 tribes; tribe A on server 1, tribe B on server 2, tribe C on server 3, tribe D on server 4, and tribe E on server 5.

Tribe A transfers to server 2 to raid tribe B, tribe B transfers to server 3 to raid tribe C, etc....

I see this happening to tribes game wide. You'll go to raid and come back 12 hours later with your dinos to find your base leveled or in the process of. Obviously some tribes will be successful in raiding and/or defending. These super powers who play 24/7 or have 30 people will constantly transfer raiding, so nobody will build up, causing players to leave the game because they got wiped while trying to wipe somebody, and now they can't build up because super tribes are making rounds doing complete server wipes.

First off,  i want to compliment you for being one of the few people to post this opinion without freaking out about Chinese players and actually sounding level headed! 

Any ideas on things devs could do besides a server wipe (since it doesn't sound like this is an option they will do)  to help with the problems? I'm guessing you're a proponent of shutting down server transfers? Perhaps character only? 

36 minutes ago, RabidSasquatch7 said:

Look at it this way...

The answer is simple.  If you don't want your base wiped because you're on a different server, ironically trying to wipe somebodies base, don't do that lol.  Problem solved.  Defend your base.  :-) 

41 minutes ago, RabidSasquatch7 said:

Look at it this way...

So If I read this correctly.

Tribe A transfers to server 2, and wipes out Tribe B.  Then when they come back to their original base they're mad that someone has wiped them out?  

Maybe I'm missing something but that sounds like Karma to me.  You took your stuff and pummeled someone else and got the exact same thing done to you.  Seems like that is called equality.

You're correct, that's what I'm saying. However I'm pointing out the possible repercussions of players leaving the game because of this.

I agree, if a tribe isn't smart enough to realize they might come back to nothing if they leave the server, then that's their fault. 

18 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

First off,  i want to compliment you for being one of the few people to post this opinion without freaking out about Chinese players and actually sounding level headed! 

Any ideas on things devs could do besides a server wipe (since it doesn't sound like this is an option they will do)  to help with the problems? I'm guessing you're a proponent of shutting down server transfers? Perhaps character only? 

I'm not a fan of this full blown transfer of everything. I would suggest, like you said, characters only or limit the number of dinos you can take with you.

I do like the opportunity for cross server trading this brings. 

20 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

I agree,  very rational and pleasant to read.  The devs did mention specifically that this was all a continual test to see how things work out. They've been toying with the idea of just SE specific resource and baby/fert egg transfer plus the obvious character transfer. I'm not too upset, but I don't have x seeds on my SE server (primitive) and I built where you can't place crop plots with the idea that that wouldn't be an option, so it'll be interesting to see how things go down (if I'm even online) when they do.

Here is my view, as a former alpha tribe on an island server. And by former, I mean until this weekend. We had 40+ members on server, within an hour 10 players from  another server had transferred, built a full metal raft and were patrolling our skies on wyverns. 

We demo'd the raft within 10 mins after they placed 6 turrets on it whilst patrolling/engaging with the wyverns. That 10 minute distraction allowed 2 of their member to build a 4x4 metal box on a drop in a location where it is known you can get under the map. This drop was fully encased and turreted. 

The 4x4 came with 20 auto turrets and 1000 ping. You could literally sit out of render and watch the members of said tribe enter, unload into a Vault and then leave server via said drop. Destroy a turret, they literally place 2 more.

3 days later, we have bases being rocketed from under the map, they are slowly expanding and server ping regularly jumps from 100-120 to 800+. Each jump in ping comes with another base being assaulted.

40 members of a large tribe could not compete with 2 players transferring whilst 8 of their allies raid or defend. We are now transferring out what we still can. The raiders will get nothing from us, and I will retake my server.

This was not revenge, or a single race of people. This is was a random tribe looking to raid with no previous server connection. Some were Chinese, some English and a few Australians, they did however all come from an Asian server.

I suggest you you block all drops now, turret the beaches and obis and prepare for the incoming server wipes when the patch is made live on Xbox, learn the glitch spots yourself and fortify those locations. Along with the volcano, and the pillars in the river below obsidian mountain at the northern tip of the redwoods and any location unreachable by giga. That is where they will be heading first.

For the second time, wildcard have enabled full server transfer on PC, and for the second time, transfer raiding is crashing the player base. It was a bad idea the 1st time, why enable it again?

Perhaps put a cool down on transfers? Say transfer and then have to wait RL days to either go back or transfer somewhere else. 

It would make tribes really consider whether they want to raid another server or not considering they would be stuck there until the cool down expires.

Individuals just looking for another server to play wouldn't be too affected. They would just have to do a little research/scouting ahead of transfer.

That's brutal. Have you sent a ticket or whatever it is that gets sent Wildcard? They recently said they're really going to crack down on cheating. It might take awhile but it would be worth it.

My tribe have considered turreting off the obs. But I know the devs consider it cheating to block off drops.

35 minutes ago, IncredulousMe said:

Perhaps put a cool down on transfers? Say transfer and then have to wait RL days to either go back or transfer somewhere else. 

It would make tribes really consider whether they want to raid another server or not considering they would be stuck there until the cool down expires.

Individuals just looking for another server to play wouldn't be too affected. They would just have to do a little research/scouting ahead of transfer.

I'm guessing you didn't read the notes that they posted with the transfers news.  12 hour cool down.

50 minutes ago, RabidSasquatch7 said:

That's brutal. Have you sent a ticket or whatever it is that gets sent Wildcard? They recently said they're really going to crack down on cheating. It might take awhile but it would be worth it.

My tribe have considered turreting off the obs. But I know the devs consider it cheating to block off drops.

We had Devs on server. They turned it off and on again to fix the ping and then went back to being devs. Within 10 mins the ping was back. No vac bans, no account suspensions, nothing. And I'd like to see someone snipe the rider off a 320% + speed Petra legitimately. That had to be an aim bot.

Also, currently it is only an offence to block spawn locations, and they even clarified that they meant building a room so spawns cannot move, not turret img up a beach. They will also issue a warning and remove the next day if your buildings are found to be breaking their current rules.

2 hours ago, Saupe said:

Here is my view, as a former alpha tribe on an island server. And by former, I mean until this weekend. We had 40+ members on server, within an hour 10 players from  another server had transferred, built a full metal raft and were patrolling our skies on wyverns. 

We demo'd the raft within 10 mins after they placed 6 turrets on it whilst patrolling/engaging with the wyverns. That 10 minute distraction allowed 2 of their member to build a 4x4 metal box on a drop in a location where it is known you can get under the map. This drop was fully encased and turreted. 

The 4x4 came with 20 auto turrets and 1000 ping. You could literally sit out of render and watch the members of said tribe enter, unload into a Vault and then leave server via said drop. Destroy a turret, they literally place 2 more.

3 days later, we have bases being rocketed from under the map, they are slowly expanding and server ping regularly jumps from 100-120 to 800+. Each jump in ping comes with another base being assaulted.

40 members of a large tribe could not compete with 2 players transferring whilst 8 of their allies raid or defend. We are now transferring out what we still can. The raiders will get nothing from us, and I will retake my server.

This was not revenge, or a single race of people. This is was a random tribe looking to raid with no previous server connection. Some were Chinese, some English and a few Australians, they did however all come from an Asian server.

I suggest you you block all drops now, turret the beaches and obis and prepare for the incoming server wipes when the patch is made live on Xbox, learn the glitch spots yourself and fortify those locations. Along with the volcano, and the pillars in the river below obsidian mountain at the northern tip of the redwoods and any location unreachable by giga. That is where they will be heading first.

For the second time, wildcard have enabled full server transfer on PC, and for the second time, transfer raiding is crashing the player base. It was a bad idea the 1st time, why enable it again?

So all i can see is an bug exploit issue. Nothing about transfers.
On the topic I believe it will be havoc on the first few weeks and maybe months. Lot of raids and domination runs happening and in the end people will calm down.  Local and multi-servers alliances is being formed by the moment and 12h is enough time to be stomped while you stomp someone else. Defense and scouting is already being made around the obelisks which became a neck where you can destroy a huge incoming army. Limitations to the system is already implemented. Maybe it will be reinforcer and get more severe maybe not.

About the chaos it is natural. Is like being dropped in the island by the first time with no hierarchy of power and dominant ones but with some knowledge and blood thirst. So it is much about deciding  who is the multi-server alpha and learning the consequences of being bully as people used to power learning to fear something again. It gives the opportunity to strike back or break the chains of power as no alpha tribe can patrol every server and kill the growth of a specific rising tribe.

There's no 'downfall' of the game resulting from this change. The developers have made the change for a reason, and if it turns out to be a detrimental one, then they can change it. It's a learning experience for all of us, including the developers. I reckon it is not what you are used to and you might not be very fond of it, but sometimes change doesn't go in your favor. So what do you do? You move along and find a new server, hell, maybe you could host a player dedicated server and make your own rules. Or, maybe it's time to play something else, ARK is not for everyone.

Sure, it's a sloppy argument at best, but I'm tired of this whining.

20 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

I'm guessing you didn't read the notes that they posted with the transfers news.  12 hour cool down.

12 hours isn't enough. The cool down should affect all parts of the transfer; people, dinos, materials, etc.

You're right overall that I didn't read the notes because I stick to the single player game. I don't play well with others and find people as a whole to be woefully unreliable. It does afford me a more objective opinion, however, as I'm neutral to this change.

What I see is more douchebag enabling and not enough balancing.

16 hours ago, waterKeeper said:

This will allow them to wipe the low population servers and those affected players can move to another server.

The reason servers in pvp are low population is because of bully tribes. Xbox Cross ark cluster 3 is a ghost town. A group of 25 players patrol the cluster hourly.  They wipe every group on all three servers. They literally deny a server set of 300 useable slots and if you join they will march giga and dragons to your wood house. They are denying anyone access.  Many servers are like this.  Here soon I predict on the Xbox network maybe three or four super tribes wiping all the servers repeatedly.  Pretty soon 25k playable slots on official pvp Xbox servers will be controlled by about 100 players.  These are the lvl 100 colonels with crap buckets. Kids with No jobs destroying the ark community for the adults with jobs who wanted to enjoy an honorable pvp experience.  Socio paths sitting in front of xbox with their Mountain Dew and giant pump bottles of jergens lotion with tissue boxes everywhere know nothing of honorable game play. Immediate gratification.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.  

39 minutes ago, JohannusB said:

The reason servers in pvp are low population is because of bully tribes. Xbox Cross ark cluster 3 is a ghost town. A group of 25 players patrol the cluster hourly.  They wipe every group on all three servers. They literally deny a server set of 300 useable slots and if you join they will march giga and dragons to your wood house. They are denying anyone access.  Many servers are like this.  Here soon I predict on the Xbox network maybe three or four super tribes wiping all the servers repeatedly.  Pretty soon 25k playable slots on official pvp Xbox servers will be controlled by about 100 players.  These are the lvl 100 colonels with crap buckets. Kids with No jobs destroying the ark community for the adults with jobs who wanted to enjoy an honorable pvp experience.  Socio paths sitting in front of xbox with their Mountain Dew and giant pump bottles of jergens lotion with tissue boxes everywhere know nothing of honorable game play. Immediate gratification.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.  

Wow what I post, I thought my thread put it pretty well but you comment made me spit coffee in laughter.

Good job old boy. I would have never put it that way myself but you are very correct.

On 24/11/2016 at 1:31 PM, FinXbox said:

So, no DOOOOOM yet?
I'm not seeing the DOOM..

The old setup led to servers becoming increasingly stale, alpha tribes couldn't do any pvp because it would mean they had an empty server (and squishing small tribes is no sport).  
Now Alpha tribes can face peer opponents again, this is very good! :)

Old setup meant that if you are Alpha tribe and don't care about anything and just destroy stuff you are imprisoned in your own dominated server. Serves them right I think.

7 hours ago, TheSpirit said:

Old setup meant that if you are Alpha tribe and don't care about anything and just destroy stuff you are imprisoned in your own dominated server. Servers them right I think.

I was in an alpha that helped the server and let people build up, the problem was that people would eventually think they had built up *enough* and come for us.  We won every time.  
In between times we just have small tribes trying to con us into wiping people for them, or begging us for stuff because they can't be bothered to get it on their own.
It gets boring, you have to literally built up someone so they can be a fun opponent, then they mess up and attack you early.  Now it's more interesting.  When Ark first came out we had many peer opponents, it was good fun, now we will again.

2 minutes ago, FinXbox said:

I was in an alpha that helped the server and let people build up, the problem was that people would eventually think they had built up *enough* and come for us.  We won every time.  
In between times we just have small tribes trying to con us into wiping people for them, or begging us for stuff because they can't be bothered to get it on their own.
It gets boring, you have to literally built up someone so they can be a fun opponent, then they mess up and attack you early.  Now it's more interesting.  When Ark first came out we had many peer opponents, it was good fun, now we will again.

I guess we have different opinions of what is fun ;) I don't see constant war as fun, seems tiresome and repetitive. We can agree to disagree.

Archived