Community Crunch Contests: 73, NVIDIA ANSEL, PGM CONTESTS!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello Survivors!

ARK NVIDIA Ansel Photography Contest

large.Ansel.jpg.683f020687f3fe873c17912d
[SUPER RES VERSION]

This weekly screenshot competition asks players to take in-game photographs from either ARK: Survival Evolved or our new desert themed expansion pack ARK: Scorched Earth using NVIDIA Ansel, and meet the category requirements listed below.

Winners will be announced during ARK’s regular “Community Crunch” blog post. Each winner (3) will receive $100 each and each runner up will receive $50. Want to enter? ARK-Ansel screenshot entries should be e-mailed to anselcontest@studiowildcard.com

If you need a place to upload a file for the contest, make use of Wetransfer which will allow up to 2gb for free! :)

Three Categories

• Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.
  • Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution,  in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display. Check out your 360 Stereo results on your HMD or on your Android Phone with NVIDIA VR Viewer 
  • Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

When entering the contest please include:

• Image Title:
  • Category of Entry:
  • Name you wish to be titled as:

Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose a shot from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset. Learn more about these features in the Ansel Technology page and the NVIDIA blog.

How to run NVIDIA Ansel

First of all, you'll want to make sure you're running the latest Nvidia Geforce Drivers - so head over to http://www.geforce.com/ and get downloading!

Once setup and ready to go, right click ARK: Survival Evolved in your steam library and you'll see the option to Launch ARK with NVIDIA Ansel

8C629BA8DBBC054368ECA4F20133A2EDA5A7A60B

Select this and head into a single player game, regardless of the map or the mod. Once you're in game, you can immediately press ALT + F2 to get into Ansel Photography mode and start taking snaps.

D024619D0568993D07B51F5E7D4120263CB0AB0B

or you can type in the following command in the console:

cheat enablespectator

Once that is enabled, hit your DELETE key and it'll open the Depth of Field Options menu where you can play around with the games DOF.

26D4DE2C7AEADC7E3857AC8213C10D9E97EA1C0F

Then hit ALT+F2 and take some awesome Ansel photography!

Here's a little tip from Jesse:

You can also type "enablespectator true" in the console to fly around before you take your shot, and hit the "Home" key to level your camera if you want to keep people from feeling sick on a 360 stereo VR screenshot. ;)

Procedurally Generated Maps!

large.PGM_3_1080p.png

Welcome to the newest contest in our Community Crunch, PGMs! Players will be able to show off their creations for a chance to win a 100$ Steam Gift card or $50 cash for runners up, plus get their map featured in the next set of Official Extinction server maps! That's right, your map could be featured as an Official Server for a one month period!

Please include the following in your entry post:

• Map Name:
  • Media (Videos, Screenshots, etc):
  • PGM Settings:

Media content of your procedurally generated map can include videos, screenshots, and live stream vods - anything you want in which we'll be able to visually see how your map looks. You can even get players on it and have them build or battle out a PvP game to show what it's capable of! 

The PGM settings used to create the map can be found your game.ini - That's most likely in:

Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Game.ini

or

\Saved\Config\Windows or WindowsServer or LinuxServer etc)\Game.ini

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
PGMapName= ...
PGTerrainPropertiesString= ...

For extra details about PGM, check out this thread here:

And of course, if you are using a special modded Procedural ARK Generator, let us know and share it with us!

ARKitect!

This is an award ($200 prize for first and $100 for any runners up) given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judge based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more! At the end of each week, the winners and runner-ups will be featured in our #ARKitect section of the Community Crunch and will be awarded cash prizes! 

Note: We've had a lot of requests regarding the use of mods - go for it! We'd love to see how mods have influenced your bases

ARKVideo

This contest is open for all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Winning this content will net you a $200 prize for first and $100 for any runners up. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children! Send us in your videos and we cannot wait to watch them! We're really interested in seeing the latest video creations you guys have put together - so show us something fresh!

Uploading the images

Please upload the images to the gallery section of our New Community Hub - you can create your own album and directly link us to that or attach it to your post! Please remember to post your entry to this thread specifically! If you're not able to upload directly to the gallery, don't sweat as imgur will work fine too!

http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/gallery/

Looking forward to seeing the entries!

All the best

Wildcard Jat

Hey Jat,  

I have a few questions about the prizes. Can we have a confirmation of the prizes for ARKVideo, ARKitekt and ARKVideo honourable mention? Also, I was sent ~3/5 of my prize (if the prize numbers I heard are correct), while one of my friends received everything. We both had our first win in Crunch 62. Just wondering if I was mistaken in my calculations or there was some of error. Or nothing went wrong and I should just wait. I had a few payments on Nov. 14 and the rest on Nov. 18 so I am not sure if the recent PayPal issue has something to do with it. ;) Thanks!

1 hour ago, KishK0 said:

Hey Jat,  

I have a few questions about the prizes. Can we have a confirmation of the prizes for ARKVideo, ARKitekt and ARKVideo honourable mention? Also, I was sent ~3/5 of my prize (if the prize numbers I heard are correct), while one of my friends received everything. We both had our first win in Crunch 62. Just wondering if I was mistaken in my calculations or there was some of error. Or nothing went wrong and I should just wait. I had a few payments on Nov. 14 and the rest on Nov. 18 so I am not sure if the recent PayPal issue has something to do with it. ;) Thanks!

I answered the values for you in a previous post :Jerbmad:  ArkVideo & Arkitekt winners = 200, Runnerup/honorable mention = 100 unless otherwise stated.  I just got mine only today for #62 btw, even though some of you guys had yours for 62+ before.

5 hours ago, KishK0 said:

Hey Jat,  

Wolf is correct KishK0, payouts have been coming to me in batches as well and appear to be still ongoing.  Hang in there!

I'm not sure, but I think my entry last week was too late. I noticed the results were already up when I posted, whoops!

Just to be sure, I'll resubmit it :D

ARKitect: Seal with Ball

THwHA3H.jpgSee the full imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/xqRat

EDIT: Definitely think my entry was late, since it didn't show up under Fan Feature of the previous crunch.

12 hours ago, Wolf Angelus said:

I answered the values for you in a previous post :Jerbmad:  ArkVideo & Arkitekt winners = 200, Runnerup/honorable mention = 100 unless otherwise stated.  I just got mine only today for #62 btw, even though some of you guys had yours for 62+ before.

Yea I remember, I was just looking for a confirmation from Jat or Jen. 

• Administrator
17 hours ago, KishK0 said:

Hey Jat,  

It's 200$ for winners, 100$ for runner ups, and for PGM ties it's 50$. In some special-case circumstances, we've provided even larger prizes but those are out of the ordinary. You should email me if you've found you've gotten incorrect amounts, better to handle that there than on the forums. As for the missing prizes, we're still waiting on PayPal as far as I'm aware. When the accountant has completed my last batch, they send me a document stating so and I haven't received it yet so it's still in process - hang tight, shouldn't be long hopefully! :)

1 hour ago, Jat said:

It's 200$ for winners, 100$ for runner ups, and for PGM ties it's 50$. In some special-case circumstances, we've provided even larger prizes but those are out of the ordinary. You should email me if you've found you've gotten incorrect amounts, better to handle that there than on the forums. As for the missing prizes, we're still waiting on PayPal as far as I'm aware. When the accountant has completed my last batch, they send me a document stating so and I haven't received it yet so it's still in process - hang tight, shouldn't be long hopefully! :)

Are the videos in the Fan Feature section awarded something? Also getting a chart with all the prizes would be very useful. :)

2 hours ago, EXFIB0 said:

Are the videos in the Fan Feature section awarded something? Also getting a chart with all the prizes would be very useful. :)

Nothing financially for those, only whatever personal satisfaction you can draw from it for being posted, much like the honorable Ansel screenshots...speaking of which, so tempted to post my special recreational image in advance, hrmmmm :Jerbfat:  < will have to represent jerb thinking.

1 hour ago, Wolf Angelus said:

Nothing financially for those, only whatever personal satisfaction you can draw from it for being posted, much like the honorable Ansel screenshots...speaking of which, so tempted to post my special recreational image in advance, hrmmmm :Jerbfat:  < will have to represent jerb thinking.

You said ARKVideo honourable mentions are $100? Did you mean runner ups? Runner up is different from honourable mention, I think.

1 hour ago, KishK0 said:

You said ARKVideo honourable mentions are $100? Did you mean runner ups? Runner up is different from honourable mention, I think.

The wording I used was correct and based off of the wording in crunch #57 if you go look at how that was worded which was very different from the usual, so I purposely stated it that way because of the confusion it caused me originally. Basically I had one of my ARKitects be called "honorable mention" instead of "runner up" right below the Winning entry but within the section of the crunch dedicated to those who won or were runner ups which really confused me at the time but I did get $100 despite that so it was just the 2 terms being used interchangeably. I haven't paid attention to the wording too much since then but If you are trying to checklist your amounts for Video/ARKitect only:
-If you won: +200
-Did you have a video/build labeled as runner up/honorable mention that was posted among the winners area (somewhere in the middle of the crunch) and not under fan features heading: +100
-If under fan features area usually located near the bottom of the crunch where all the dossiers/art/etc go(basically area for all the crunch material that isn't awarded any money but displayed there for sharing purposes):  +0
-You should be able to figure out the screenshots bit and PGM now based on what Jat wrote - the tie for first place in that one deserves a special notice if you are keeping track since it is treated differently from ties in the other categories.

The wording doesn't apply to screenshots though where they have clearly labeled Winners/Runner Up/Honorable Mention.

Hopefully that makes clear. I know the wording is a bit critical if you keep a record and have a habit of spending before receiving the money. Odds are they do have the right amounts recorded though from what I have seen since last year, they just aren't necessarily sent out in the exact crunch order. The amounts you receive should all be in the form of 200/100/50 or the equivalents in your currency (half mine were sent in CAD, half in USD), very unlikely you will get the wrong amount.

15 minutes ago, Wolf Angelus said:

The wording I used was correct and based off of the wording in crunch #57 if you go look at how that was worded which was very different from the usual, so I purposely stated it that way because of the confusion it caused me originally. Basically I had one of my ARKitects be called "honorable mention" instead of "runner up" right below the Winning entry but within the section of the crunch dedicated to those who won or were runner ups which really confused me at the time but I did get $100 despite that so it was just the 2 terms being used interchangeably. I haven't paid attention to the wording too much since then but If you are trying to checklist your amounts for Video/ARKitect only:
-If you won: +200
-Did you have a video/build labeled as runner up/honorable mention that was posted among the winners area (somewhere in the middle of the crunch) and not under fan features heading: +100
-If under fan features area usually located near the bottom of the crunch where all the dossiers/art/etc go(basically area for all the crunch material that isn't awarded any money but displayed there for sharing purposes):  +0
-You should be able to figure out the screenshots bit and PGM now based on what Jat wrote - the tie for first place in that one deserves a special notice if you are keeping track since it is treated differently from ties in the other categories.

The wording doesn't apply to screenshots though where they have clearly labeled Winners/Runner Up/Honorable Mention.

Hopefully that makes clear. I know the wording is a bit critical if you keep a record and have a habit of spending before receiving the money. Odds are they do have the right amounts recorded though from what I have seen since last year, they just aren't necessarily sent out in the exact crunch order. The amounts you receive should all be in the form of 200/100/50 or the equivalents in your currency (half mine were sent in CAD, half in USD), very unlikely you will get the wrong amount.

Thanks a lot for clarifying, I was having a hard time which one is which. Good luck on the next crunch! ;)

So, from what I've pretty much determined is that this Crunch is mainly for PC ARKers. I mean yeah you can participate using screenshots from console... But downloading and installing NVIDIA Ansel for android only gives you a 15 minute trial.. Unless you drop X amount of money for the full version it's near impossible to 1. Learn how to use Ansel. 2. Take your time setting up the perfect shot. 3. Having any enjoyment from using Ansel. 4. To be able to even save said finished picture (fairly positive you'll be unable to do so in trial version). (Though you could take a screenshot of said finished product after using it and the having to download and install another app so you can edit that screenshot, though you'll probably have to purchase that app as well in order to save your image)(also pretty sure when saving in Ansel trial and/or said picture editing trial app there will be a watermark... And who wants to see that). 5. If you do purchase full version of Ansel just for this Crunch then you must also ask yourself "will I use this app again?" ....probably not! And what if you don't win anything from this contest? You're out even more money because you bought an app just for this reason.

I'm not against those who do this... More power to you! Wish I had the cash to throw around and do this... Then again if I had throwable cash I'd have a pc in order to not have to go through all this... 

If you took some regularscreenshots taken from my console I'd create an album or just post them on the screenshot section in the forums... But for some odd reason I can't use smartglass images anymore due to size.. Inhibiting me from sharing what I've captured.... You know, like the picture of the 4th boss summoner on the Center... I do believe that'd be a great image to enter in.

• Volunteer Moderator

Here are my entries for the ANSEL contest. I loved playing about with the new Megalosaurus and I couldn't make up my mind which pictures to choose from, so I decided to stick them all in!

SUPER RESOLUTION - BIG BROTHER WATCHING OVER LITTLE SISTER
http://gamerperfection.com/Big_Brother_Watching_Over_Little_Sister.jpg

(low res version)
Big_Brother_Watching_Over_L.jpg

SUPER RESOLUTION - HUSH LITTLE BABY
http://gamerperfection.com/Hush_Little_Baby.jpg

(low res version)
Hush_Little_Baby.jpg

SUPER RESOLUTION - THE ONLY WAY IS OVER!
http://gamerperfection.com/The_Only_Way_Is_Over.jpg

(low res version)
The_Only_Way_Is_Over.jpg

FREEFORM - I SEE YOU!
http://gamerperfection.com/I_See_You.jpg

(low res version)
I_See_You.jpg

I hope you guys like them!

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived