Attempting To Setup Server

cvndlz

Wutup forums,

Today I went out and splurged a bit on myself, purchasing the Xbox S and getting it directly setup to run a Dedicated Server for Ark.

I've got one issue though: the connection is poope.

I was able to play on a server by myself with my other box hosting the dedi. for about 30 minutes, but when I made the switch to the Center and attempted to have my coworker join, that's when my connection started to give me issues.

I've ran a speed test, and the results seemed alright (posted below) :P

I'd like to make note that the Xbox S (Ark Server let's call it) is running wired to my router, and my client box is wireless. The ark server disconnects from live and shuts down first, then the client box is disconnected from live afterwards and leaves a "lost connection" message.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to improve the connection quality/keep the server connected to clients in general.

Thanks!

Screenshot_2016-11-20-15-54-31.png

1 minute ago, HOLLIDAY2000 said:

your stats are low so, i don't know why know why you would lagging problems. If you can please tell me your ping and how many players were on during the event.  P.S try to DW (dinowipe) before the ping gets too bad.

ping was at around 30-40ish when my coworker connected. Local was at 12-14. Now that I'm looking into it, it seems like it may be a router issue.

I work for spectrum.. is your Xbox hard lines to your modem/ router? Or are you using wifi? If on wifi try hard lining your console. When using wifi "interference" will cause your internet to slow and drop out. There is nothing you can do about interference either. That's why your speed test is only showing 45 down. You're probably paying for 200+ mb per sec. judging from your upload speed. 

3 hours ago, Renagade210 said:

I work for spectrum.. is your Xbox hard lines to your modem/ router? Or are you using wifi? If on wifi try hard lining your console. When using wifi "interference" will cause your internet to slow and drop out. There is nothing you can do about interference either. That's why your speed test is only showing 45 down. You're probably paying for 200+ mb per sec. judging from your upload speed. 

One is hardlined (the ark) while the client is WiFi. That may explain why its acting this way. We are having issues with our WiFi shorting out when we have multiple devices connected however, so I've convinced my family to let me search for a better router. Would you have any suggestions?

Also, pretty sure we are as well. Bright house "lightning" speeds. Lol.

When I think of it more and more, it really seems to be a router issue to me haha

22 hours ago, cvndlz said:

One is hardlined (the ark) while the client is WiFi. That may explain why its acting this way. We are having issues with our WiFi shorting out when we have multiple devices connected however, so I've convinced my family to let me search for a better router. Would you have any suggestions?

Also, pretty sure we are as well. Bright house "lightning" speeds. Lol.

When I think of it more and more, it really seems to be a router issue to me haha

Ya bright house is spectrum now lol and if you're looking for an awesome router look in to netgears nighthawk router.. they are pretty pricy but they are worth it

14 hours ago, Renagade210 said:

Ya bright house is spectrum now lol and if you're looking for an awesome router look in to netgears nighthawk router.. they are pretty pricy but they are worth it

Noticed 2 brands, one was the $250 and one was priced at $199. The AC1900 is the lower priced one, would it still be able to handle multiple boxes and laptops/other devices?

Also wanna say thank you so much for the help! It is very much appreciated :D

Archived