When is primal survival coming out

Saberscar224

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

Primal Survival is still in development. That was the last update that was given.

9 minutes ago, King_Kiff said:

Now I am pretty certain it will be the next $30 USD DLC. I would just about bet my own life on it I am that certain.

You'll look pretty foolish when it's released as free content.

16 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Link to what? That it is still in development, or that it will be free? They've said in loads of places it will be free.

link to where it mentions it being free. I can't find any.

EDIT;

Obviously there is no mention of it being free anywhere as you replied so fast last time. I've looked again and I can't find any mention of it. So you're sounding more silly as the fluffer right now. Maybe I wouldn't be my life but at least my left you know what, I am certain we will have to pay for it. It just looks like to much fun to be given to us for free after SE.

On 11/20/2016 at 5:32 AM, King_Kiff said:

Now I am pretty certain it will be the next $30 USD DLC. I would just about bet my own life on it I am that certain.

While I don't have a link for you, I think it's safe to assume that Primal Survival will be free, given the content that has been released.  Scorched Earth was paid DLC, but it was an expansion pack.  Primal Survival will be a total conversion (like Primitive+), and since Primitive+ was free, Primal Survival should be free as well.

Announcement Link:

It states that it is a total conversion, like the Primitive+ mode. It was mentioned to be a free additional content (not officially but in the Steam forums), and to be fair it makes sense since it is inspired by an existing mod (like Primitive+ was).

There isn't much information aside to go with, but my gut feeling is that it will not come out this year. I want to play this mode as well, looks very interesting and perhaps not having the whole complexity of base building will give a new breath of life to the Official PVP (I understand we will co-exist with Human players, I wonder if this will be problematic).

Free or not, released in 2016 or not, does not change the fact I want to play it, whenever this becomes available, but I am happy with devs pushing for the main game's release as I think its about time to complete it to the best of their ability and then move on to further projects within Ark universe.

Cheers!

primal survival was once a mod that a regular average joe not working for WC made, WC takes a vote on the the most popular or exciting mods that are currently out... the winners like The Center PGMs and now Primal Survival will all be free, they can not sell this items without paying the original maker of this mod.. Also it has been stated that all user created mods that become official will be free.. only Mods created and controlled by WC will be payed for under a assumption.. I would look up links but this was stated a long time ago on up into present. I have not been active on the forums with post. but I have kept up with all the patch notes as well as gossip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Saberscar224 said:

why arent they giving any news on it at all.

They are busy with tek tier right now because they already pushed that back. It is supposed to be released late feb but I would put my money on late march and official release early to late may

EDIT the late feb date is pointed towards primal in case there is any confusion 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived