Community Crunch 72, Contests, Evo Event, Pach 252, Prim+ and more!

Jen

• Administrator
On 19/11/2016 at 7:14 AM, Wolf Angelus said:

I was curious how the view works for the 360 Stereo images for those that view em since I don't have VR equipment, does it capture everything above, below, and around you front and back o: ? The flat image is confusing!

Thank you :3

Onto making more images with Ansel issues fixed with recent driver hehe.

It is a bit confusing but yeah that's the general idea. Looks really awesome actually :)

Also just an update on prizes, we sent out a large batch and are in the process of sending more, unfortunately, PayPal has blocked our account again! Though I am hoping that'll be fixed in the next 2-days and the rest of them will go out :)

1 hour ago, Jat said:

It is a bit confusing but yeah that's the general idea. Looks really awesome actually :)

Also just an update on prizes, we sent out a large batch and are in the process of sending more, unfortunately, PayPal has blocked our account again! Though I am hoping that'll be fixed in the next 2-days and the rest of them will go out :)

Thank ya :3

I think I am doing it right then, the Ansel website doesn't do much in terms of explanation and the flat images look awkward. I was so sure the 360 enchanted forest would be winner haha. This weeks screenshot theme will be a very cold one, no idea how they get judged but they look pretty fierce :3 - And a super special screenshot recreation from an old classic dino movie series back from the 90's! Can't wait for Friday to come to share and see how they ranked.

I got the last of my Summer payments today thanks! So more were definitely going out today. Can finally start on a fresh wait again with #72.

Edited by Wolf Angelus

@Jat @ARK @Jeremy Stieglitz Could you help me understand why PC got 33% off on steam for SE and xbox only gets a Max of 25% ? I know , what's 8% right ? well , it's the difference between pc getting 8% in thier favor. I know they always get things first , things are tested on PC first . How ever are Xbox buyers Not as valued ? That the sales market idea is to give pc a 33% off while the Console players get to pay for the slack ? I'm all ears , as to why console players do not get the same sale price, I already contacted microsoft and I quote " The sale of any item is left to the developer / publisher " So since you already said you did not want to hire a finance team. Whose brain child is this choice ? This is almost to much to stomach. Looking at this I am left wondering, why . Why do you continue to do this, I know that microsoft gets a taste , and Steam gets a taste of the profits , but lets be real just once , for just a second. At what point do you say that all players are equal no mater what port they play on ? I know xbox players can not submit mods and game work , ( the center , sotf , primitive plus , primal , etc etc etc etc etc ) that are viewed as a great thing to add to the games list of things to offer , so those modders are brought on. That does not mean that there are people that only purchased the console vrs , because they have no skills with pc's. It just means that it was their choice to play it on the console since that is what they decided to play it on.

If by now you forgot why what I am asking ,

Why did pc players get 33% off and console players only receive 25%. 

That is a slap in the face to console players. I know this post is not going to make alot of people happy , which is why I have made copies of it, to post on other public forums, and youtube. I know I upset the status quo . How ever as a supporter of this game and a long time youtube advocate of ark , and wildcard. I Must question these things. Helogames and sean murray Burnt their players. Badly. Game developers these days , are all to often getting a pass at the expense of the players wallets. Sure it's the difference of 15$ over 12$ . The bigger picture is that at 100$'s it would mean 66$ over 75$. 

And if ANYONE says " It's just 8% they don'T have to discount it at all" , You are right, they don't . 

How ever, wars have been fought over these same issues. and that issue is equality. Console players Deserve to be treated just as well as pc players. and 25% on SE ... That speaks more then any tweet or reply to this post you can ever give. I am recording this post being made, If this post is struck down and removed, Rest assured I will be giving this video to , The AngryJoe Show, Who is 3 million strong on youtube should that happen. 

Why would you silence a conscience voice that speaks out when choices that are made, clearly show a bias view?

Yes , I love the game , Yes I want to see it go all the way , Yes I play it more then I should.

Yes As a console player and lover I want to be treated fairly. As a woman, I have seen my fill of bias in my work life. Why do I need to see it in home life ? The ball is in your court wildcard, give me something to believe in again.

Also I am still looking forward to DLB's and my underwater city. 

While I find this game to be a lot of fun and extremely visually appealing, the cross-ark transfers with no limitations and no cost completely wreck any balance and eliminate fair-play. Starting players have no defense against a high power group suddenly spawning in and destroying everything. 

If people really want to grief others so badly, they should be required to level on the server they wish to troll/grief on or have to pay to transfer from server to server and be limited to how often they can transfer/re-transfer. They should also be limited to their personal inventory as to what they can bring with them. That would go a long way towards balancing out the problem that Studio Wildcard created when they enabled free and unlimited server transfers.

I'm fine with PvP, but I shouldn't be forced to resort to running a private server to avoid griefing, hacking, and lethargic involvement from admins.

6 hours ago, GoodDave said:

While I find this game to be a lot of fun and extremely visually appealing, the cross-ark transfers with no limitations and no cost completely wreck any balance and eliminate fair-play. Starting players have no defense against a high power group suddenly spawning in and destroying everything. 

If people really want to grief others so badly, they should be required to level on the server they wish to troll/grief on or have to pay to transfer from server to server and be limited to how often they can transfer/re-transfer. They should also be limited to their personal inventory as to what they can bring with them. That would go a long way towards balancing out the problem that Studio Wildcard created when they enabled free and unlimited server transfers.

I'm fine with PvP, but I shouldn't be forced to resort to running a private server to avoid griefing, hacking, and lethargic involvement from admins.

Well, THAT is why they told they gonna SEE how things goes, also, if u are afraid of sum1 comming and raid ur base, theres always the PVE mode to play

7 hours ago, diegopesente said:

Well, THAT is why they told they gonna SEE how things goes, also, if u are afraid of sum1 comming and raid ur base, theres always the PVE mode to play

You haven't seen the garbage that's out there. Try defending when the server gets ddos' d and you can't get on because your server is full of nakeds draining your bullets and there are 20 giga with their inventory full of duped rockets waiting for entry. It's not a fight when you have multiple servers full of a single gaming group bearing down on you.

19 hours ago, BladedRose said:

@Jat @ARK @Jeremy Stieglitz Could you help me understand why PC got 33% off on steam for SE and xbox only gets a Max of 25% ? I know , what's 8% right ? well , it's the difference between pc getting 8% in thier favor. I know they always get things first , things are tested on PC first . How ever are Xbox buyers Not as valued ? That the sales market idea is to give pc a 33% off while the Console players get to pay for the slack ? I'm all ears , as to why console players do not get the same sale price, I already contacted microsoft and I quote " The sale of any item is left to the developer / publisher " So since you already said you did not want to hire a finance team. Whose brain child is this choice ? This is almost to much to stomach. Looking at this I am left wondering, why . Why do you continue to do this, I know that microsoft gets a taste , and Steam gets a taste of the profits , but lets be real just once , for just a second. At what point do you say that all players are equal no mater what port they play on ? I know xbox players can not submit mods and game work , ( the center , sotf , primitive plus , primal , etc etc etc etc etc ) that are viewed as a great thing to add to the games list of things to offer , so those modders are brought on. That does not mean that there are people that only purchased the console vrs , because they have no skills with pc's. It just means that it was their choice to play it on the console since that is what they decided to play it on.

If by now you forgot why what I am asking ,

Why did pc players get 33% off and console players only receive 25%. 

That is a slap in the face to console players. I know this post is not going to make alot of people happy , which is why I have made copies of it, to post on other public forums, and youtube. I know I upset the status quo . How ever as a supporter of this game and a long time youtube advocate of ark , and wildcard. I Must question these things. Helogames and sean murray Burnt their players. Badly. Game developers these days , are all to often getting a pass at the expense of the players wallets. Sure it's the difference of 15$ over 12$ . The bigger picture is that at 100$'s it would mean 66$ over 75$. 

And if ANYONE says " It's just 8% they don'T have to discount it at all" , You are right, they don't . 

How ever, wars have been fought over these same issues. and that issue is equality. Console players Deserve to be treated just as well as pc players. and 25% on SE ... That speaks more then any tweet or reply to this post you can ever give. I am recording this post being made, If this post is struck down and removed, Rest assured I will be giving this video to , The AngryJoe Show, Who is 3 million strong on youtube should that happen. 

Why would you silence a conscience voice that speaks out when choices that are made, clearly show a bias view?

Yes , I love the game , Yes I want to see it go all the way , Yes I play it more then I should.

Yes As a console player and lover I want to be treated fairly. As a woman, I have seen my fill of bias in my work life. Why do I need to see it in home life ? The ball is in your court wildcard, give me something to believe in again.

Also I am still looking forward to DLB's and my underwater city. 

Holy crap. Life is not fair. You play ARK, you should know this. By the way, I voted for Trump. ARK is not a safe space. Make ARK Great Again.

Edited by Layton

3 hours ago, Layton said:

Holy crap. Life is not fair. You play ARK, you should know this. By the way, I voted for Trump. ARK is not a safe space. Make ARK Great Again.

thats your take away from this ?  You clearly only play on the pc. If you play on the xbox what is your gamer tag and I'll add you.  I'd love to have you buy me some things since if you are ok with this , you clearly love being taken for a ride.

If not and you're only a pc player , that answers the fact of why care about another port. 

Also claiming you voted for trump , while saying it doesn't matter if they are treated equally. I would expect that out of the same mouth of " At this point why does it matter?" 

Edited by BladedRose

2 hours ago, Agro said:

I think cross server transfers are fine, but I like the idea of not allowing items and making Dino transfers only available if you being a fertilized egg. as an alpha on a pvp server we have worked hard creating a good community. I don't like the idea of allowing all out invasion between servers. 

You and me both bud. But all the garbage we've run off our servers are drooling at the gates. But don't get me wrong, this is the perfect way for the devs to wipe servers clean while deflecting the heat. Masterful deception.

Edited by blackhalo06

15 hours ago, diegopesente said:

The thing is, it's not about being "afraid of [someone] [coming] and raiding [my] base"; it's about not having the capability to build up between attacks and fight back. Essentially, it creates the opportunity for griefers to form massive multi-server alpha tribes. If someone wants to grief on a hardcore PvP server, they ought to have to level on it. Otherwise, there's no consequences for them if they die.

8 hours ago, blackhalo06 said:

You haven't seen the garbage that's out there. Try defending when the server gets ddos' d and you can't get on because your server is full of nakeds draining your bullets and there are 20 giga with their inventory full of duped rockets waiting for entry. It's not a fight when you have multiple servers full of a single gaming group bearing down on you.

This right here is essentially the end-state of allowing free and virtually unlimited server transfers.

4 hours ago, Corstaad said:

It would make sense to have different discounts. The PC version is basic Ark. Xbox is the basic Ark made to work in a console. That's extra work which cost money. Example if I mow two lawns same sqft but ones flat the other is on the hill, I'd be charging different rates.

what is hard to understand about both of them getting 33% off , I'm NOT talking about the market place price, I'm TALKING about the % off of the sale .
How is this so hard to understand ?

I don't care if it was 40 70 130 , 
So long as BOTH PORTS got 33% off the MARKET PRICE , ( which wildcard sets ). Yet so many of you just give them a blanket pass. Really ?

Another post with great content that is console players need to wait possibly months to acquire. Another contest just for PC that favors people that use mods. Xbox only has superpowered turkeys... caves haven't worked correctly on Xbox for a long time now (specially on the island, snow area) maybe at least they'll fix that. 

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Stefano8710 said:

Hey I was just wondering if in the future there will be a lot more ways to customize your ark survivor. For example hair, beards, tattoos, or just a new way to make thier face more like yours ... More face models. Thank you

Pretty sure I saw on Jeremys twitter about hair and length and needing hair cuts as it grows if that helps?