Evolution Event: Cross ARK Transfers & More!

Jatheish

On 11/18/2016 at 4:37 PM, Sh4rk said:

Sounds like you werent playing on a real pvp server and wouldn't last on one anyway, no offense. I just find it odd that people want to play on pvp and not worry about getting raided/wiped. Just play PVE, problem solved, and you dont have to build ridiculous amounts of base defenses. 

I utterly refuse to play on a pvp server after a couple months of being wiped out weekly while i was offline. Only once in my whole pvp experience in ark was i actually attacked while i was online. Myself and many others are still interested in the ability to carry wild dinos. Using taming pens is almost enough of an advantage to make many people try to create pve situations on pvp servers.

Considering there is almost no other kind of trolling that they actually do anything about it's strange to me that pve servers can't carry wild dinos. what wildcard could really do to take people who want a pve situation off their pvp  conflict simulators would be to allow us to carry wild dinos on pve servers, It would matter more to us than it even matters to pvp players as they never have to worry about guarding a tame in a sea of another tribes pillars.

Not to mention that the recent problems since they implemented the " structure spawn distance change" are already causing allosaurs to spawn inside my buildings what would someone dropping a carno inside my walls even effect? I notice that my base is build directly in one of the huge red spots on their spawn map on page 1. We've lost a lot of good stuff because of this bug and i really hope it's high on the priority list atm.

@Jat,

In your post you stated the following, "Previously, you were only able to transfer Survivors TO Scorched Earth servers, and everything FROM a Scorched Earth server."  When you say everything you truly mean everything? For example, raw materials (raw salt, sand, cactus sap, stone) and crafted items (saddles, weapons, structures). I ask I attempted to transfer silica pearls and an industrial grill from Scorched Earth to the Island. When I spawned into the Island the silica pearls transferred, but my industrial grill was no longer there. It completely disappeared. Could you clarify if all items, crafted and base material, are supposed to be able to transfer? If this is true, has a bug been submitted for items disappearing during transfer?

Thanks!

17 hours ago, avianikki said:

the solution to these mega-tribes doing this is simple . it may not be a popular solution to those who fall victim but, look at it this way. IF they wipe your tribe and all structures and dinos what difference would it make in the long run? WIPE all PVP servers upon full release. at least then everyone will start off fresh. and yes I know that a mega tribe can gather resources faster than smaller tribes. but wouldn't that give incentives for the smaller tribes to form alliances?

The single only thing i've ever seen an alliance achieve is allowing a backstabber to empty your x plant fertilizer before they attack you on pvp.

The only thing i've seen an alliance achieve in pve is allowing backstabber A. to engage a war in the middle of the night with backstabber B. so they can wipe ally C. Or at the very best use the alliance to build into the allies land.

In my experience there are ZERO incentives to having alliances in ark.

a feature i would like you guys to seriously consider and that is to cancel transfer to all ark servers as soon as possible before you really damage your community and create a new server type named CrossArk-Officialserver-EU-(number) where people can transfer from any island/center or SE map they want and move those things ONLY back to their own uploaded server you guys are smart lads and should be able to do that.

By doing this you enable us lowbies to keep our nice small base intact in a nice community without forcing us on a private server or PVE server with sausageheads that block all the nice spawns because they can do it and also open an oppertunity for those that WANT to raid servers non stop like this on this server so its a fair fight for those that really want to do it.

please do consider it love

Most of the community that put 2500+ hours into a game and don't want it wiped because you guys thought this stupid idea of yours was a good idea.

congratz, on killing the game When is wild card planning to sell the game if they have not alrdy we got ? Chinese coming now hitting people while offline and then transporting everything they have back out. seems like your transfer cool down is bull. you wanted pvp to bad it looks like all you are greeting is PvPE. seems to be all one sided and in fav of one side congratz on selling out.

11 hours ago, JeanII said:

Considering there is almost no other kind of trolling that they actually do anything about it's strange to me that pve servers can't carry wild dinos. what wildcard could really do to take people who want a pve situation off their pvp  conflict simulators would be to allow us to carry wild dinos on pve servers, It would matter more to us than it even matters to pvp players as they never have to worry about guarding a tame in a sea of another tribes pillars.

Ohhh pve has it trolls, arguably more than pvp. Pve players dont have any control over it, which is exactly why carrying wild dinos is off. The plantx in my base would kill whatever gets dropped in, but not the troll whos trying to burn up my fertilizer, and thats no good. 

8 hours ago, LuciferISK said:

Most of the community that put 2500+ hours into a game and don't want it wiped because you guys thought this stupid idea of yours was a good idea.

If someone put 2500+ hours into Ark and dont want the possibility of losing their work, then they made the mistake of not choosing pve 2500+ hours of gameplay ago. Its unreasonable to for these alpha tribes to think that they should be #1 forever and never lose their base/dinos. 

These big tribes/alpha tribes on pvp seem to be the only ones crying about the change. Open transfers will shake up the pvp scene in a positive way for the game as a whole. There will be more rotation of power, and a better fighting chance for the lower tribes/low lvl players. The pvp game NEEDS this, badly, as servers have previously been ran by smug alphas who often times wipe everyone/anyone who could be a threat. One pvp server I had been to, the alpha didnt have that great of defenses, but would clean up the map of any efforts to build up on a regular basis. Now, they will need to build up a proper defense as they won't be able to scout EVERY map on the same basis to prevent an attack. This is a good thing, it promotes more actual pvp and situations, and promotes lesser tribes getting started by finding a safe server away from their target. 

On 11/18/2016 at 11:45 AM, Jat said:

Could you elaborate please, would like to know your thoughts :)

Our server has over the past few months been threatened by people who practically own SE servers, that they would bring over untold numbers of Dino's to wipe our server. I get the idea that transfers are good. But as has been stated some servers with massive tribes will just decimate others servers. 

I signed up knowing I could not transfer out and did not expect that. Had that been an idea we on our server may have done things differently. My point is there should be some servers where there is no outside threat, strictly off cluster. If you open new servers where this idea is a known factor for the players it should be okay. I get its early access and things change.

I really like the game and enjoy my time on it. But I do really foresee this as causing more defectors from your already dwindling player base. I my tribe gets wiped which is Alpha on our server I am done and will have an unlikely chance of returning upon release of the game. I am one of the 2 last players in our tribe. 10 tribe members are already done with this.

On 2016-11-18 at 0:32 PM, Jat said:

Stance on Exploiting

:Jerbmad:

Let’s be clear about this, no one likes cheaters. We don’t like cheaters, you don’t like cheaters, your friends don’t like cheaters, cheaters don’t even like each other. We want to do everything we can to ensure that the ARK is a fair place for everyone to play with one another. It is why we worked to get a strong BattlEye system for ARK which is constantly receiving updates and will continue to do so because we want to stomp out cheats.

However, I don’t think it would be unreasonable to say that we have been lenient when taking action against people who are exploiting game bugs. Previously, we have felt that the bugs are on us and we have to do our best to resolve them and fix them, so we try not to punish survivors in this instance and make changes that will benefit the community as a whole, in the long-term, even if in the moment it seems a bit unfair. We’re going to change that up a little bit. Going forward, we will be taking a stricter approach when it comes to exploiting game bugs. If there is malicious intent, we will take action, be it destroying your tribe, structures, tames, and where necessary straight up removing you from the ARK and adding you to the global ban list and requesting a VAC ban. Consider this your warning to those of who you would rather exploit than report. Cases such as duping, or building under the map for instance, will result in such actions. Of course, it’ll be case by case, accidents happen, sometimes you’re curious - but it is pretty clear when there is indeed malicious intent and that’s where we’ll be taking action.

..but wait, there’s more!

I have doubts about the seriousness of this statement as we have just been raided by a tribe of russians using shady methods... I'd bet nothing will be done to punish them anyways, even with the ticket I just sent...

Last week, they came with godmode hacks and they were impossible to kill. Gun shots, direct flaming arrows hits (2 direct hits, ~ 1600 damage that ignore armor never killed the guy), nothing could kill them. They also used the broken ability of golems/wyverns to destroy electric cables through walls (we actuall have 12 layers of metal walls and a layer vault) to disable our defensive systems. We lost 4 gigas, 3 quetz and our entire kibble farm...

Today, after nearly 4 hours of battle and defending our stuff, they killed our entire kibble farm, despite having twice more defensive systems. They found an exploit/hack to log on our server without any notice or update to the Steam HUD. So basicly we had no idea that these players were there until wyverns/golem showed up at our doors...

This is getting old...

Edited by Darkholis

On 18.11.2016 at 6:45 PM, Jat said:

Could you elaborate please, would like to know your thoughts :)

Before the update it was "what happens on SE stays on SE".
Now we have this kind of people that just want to see the world burn, following other tribes over to other servers, when they want to have a fresh start.. to get revenge for things that happebned or to ruin their game experience... actually happening on the server i play on...

Perhaps instead of allowing you to go from all officials to all other officials you do something similar to the clusters you first set up, but have clusters of different sizes and the cluster size would determine max tribe sizes.

So with a cluster of just SE, Island and Center you have max tribes set to 15.
Then next you'd have a cluster of 2 of each and a max tribe size of 25.
Cluster of 4 of each and max tribe size of 40.
Heck have an even larger cluster with no limits to tribe sizes.

And so on, I'm just pulling numbers out of the air, they're not thought through, but just another idea.  Then you'd have folks who want to have PVP with comparable size tribes, and larger and larger cross cluster battles between tribes of larger and larger sizes.  People would be able to better choose what sort of tribe size best fits with what they want to play.

Though tribe size is tricky as one might have an alliance as part of the normal tribe setup, or could have an unofficial alliance.  So one might be able to work around tribe size settings.

Edited by mleii

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Vaskur said:

Before the update it was "what happens on SE stays on SE".
Now we have this kind of people that just want to see the world burn, following other tribes over to other servers, when they want to have a fresh start.. to get revenge for things that happebned or to ruin their game experience... actually happening on the server i play on...

That's false though. Before the update what happens in ScE can be brought over to the Island or Center, but the Center or Island can't take things to ScE.

5 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

That's false though. Before the update what happens in ScE can be brought over to the Island or Center, but the Center or Island can't take things to ScE.

still a different thing, than to take your stuff from a island server. You couldn´t bring gigas and Quetzes.. and that was a good thing...

Hi

Please DO NOT allow complete transfer of all items and dinos between any PVP server, be it island to island and so on. you are asking for trouble, all hell will break loose with 40+ member tribes going from server to server wiping every other alpha tribe in existence. You cant justify being able to bring gigas to scorched earth, no tame on scorched toe to toe can take on a giga, fact. Yes you can argue you can be picked up of a giga but that still dosnt sort out the problem of gigas running about the place. Next quetz with miniguns on, wyvern stands no chance without a saddle. Just so many tames on non SE servers that completely outclass any SE tame. Turtles, Bronto's the list goes on, and please don't say rock golems can match up because they cant its fact, good at sponging bullets that's it, a rex will take a golem let alone a giga. May look like I'm moaning but I am simply stating what I have witnessed in game myself and what certain tames can do to eachother. And last but not least you can guarantee it will happen offline, go to bed on the night, wake up, go to work, get back and a tribe has walked through your base with their 20 gigas, turtles and whatever else they feel like bringing. wait 12 hours, onto the next server, see how its going to play out? Honestly I'm up for being able to transfer between arks but not on that scale, but there should be some pretty big limitations on what you can bring and in what quantities they come in. Thanks

WC has been through this before, when players could transfer their level from server to server, yet they have learned nothing from the griefing and chaos it caused and decided to open dino and gear transfer as well. How does make sense when the community asked to shut down player transfer (a year and a half ago) and they did ?
I have had almost enough,
for 4 days now I have been unable to play the game,
all my tribe has been doing is chasing Chinese lvl 1 re-rolls on fast pteras all over the map while they are being supplied with gear from their home server. 
You kill them and they just keep coming back, you catch them and they just reroll their level 1 so you cant hold them in jail.
They are doing nothing but griefing people, killing any and all tamed dinos they see. The people that have suffered the most from this are the lower level tribes who can not properly defend themselves yet. 
We have built a very good community, roughly 40 active players and a variety of tribes but now they are quitting due to their losses and the hounding of these low life scum.
Enough is enough, and I am almost ready to follow, I did not buy this game to chase griefers all over the map for 8 hours a day.

Since I've lost it all, I feel the need to share a mechanic that will almost sound like an exploit (maybe is one?). It is especially true on hardcore servers where you lose it all when dying (levels/engrams).

The industrial grinder combined with a beaver to fill it with wood allows the user to powerlevel at an extreme rate, so quickly that hunting alpha predators is a waste of time. Actually, filling and processing an entire grinder (with wood) will grant any user around 10k experience in roughly 20 minutes. (The time required to process 5.9k wood). Furthermore, stacking multiple grinders allow the player to stack and gain even more experience during the same amount of time.

Combining multiple grinders and stacking explorer notes (for increased duration) for the experience boost allow a lambda player to grind from level 1 to 85+ within a few hours during any Evolution Event. Futhermore, this mechanic can be used to powerlevel dinosaurs as well. Indeed, nearby players to the person who queued the grinder(s) will be gaining shared experience and said experience is 100% transfered to the dinosaur they are actually riding.

Solution : Disable any form of experience gain from items/ressources processed in the industrial grinder.

Regards.

Edited by Darkholis

On 11/18/2016 at 11:32 AM, Jat said:

Something we’re considering down the line is introducing more limitations on what can be transferred, such as only Baby Tames or Eggs can be transferred, perhaps we limit Scorched Earth transfers to Scorched Earth base/raw materials only.

Going to take a guess that both of these together will be tested on how it is pretty soon.

Edited by cels

So what are the plans to level out the playing fields? 1. No quetz in SE definite farming disadvantage. 2. in ability to place crop plots in about 50% of the map much harder to produce kibble and plant species X. which we still don't have. 3. generators decay and could leave base defenseless to off line raiding. 4. lightning storms which allow enemies to run up and place C4 on your turrets when they are off line. extreme lack of obsidian to make polymer for higher tear weapons, as it stands now we rely off organic which 1 expires and 2 only stacks 10. There is a lot more than this but i wanted to touch off on some of the more concerning issues.