Evolution Event: Cross ARK Transfers & More!

Jatheish

On 11/20/2016 at 10:02 AM, Sh4rk said:

Ohhh pve has it trolls, arguably more than pvp. Pve players dont have any control over it, which is exactly why carrying wild dinos is off. The plantx in my base would kill whatever gets dropped in, but not the troll whos trying to burn up my fertilizer, and thats no good. 

If someone put 2500+ hours into Ark and dont want the possibility of losing their work, then they made the mistake of not choosing pve 2500+ hours of gameplay ago. Its unreasonable to for these alpha tribes to think that they should be #1 forever and never lose their base/dinos. 

These big tribes/alpha tribes on pvp seem to be the only ones crying about the change. Open transfers will shake up the pvp scene in a positive way for the game as a whole. There will be more rotation of power, and a better fighting chance for the lower tribes/low lvl players. The pvp game NEEDS this, badly, as servers have previously been ran by smug alphas who often times wipe everyone/anyone who could be a threat. One pvp server I had been to, the alpha didnt have that great of defenses, but would clean up the map of any efforts to build up on a regular basis. Now, they will need to build up a proper defense as they won't be able to scout EVERY map on the same basis to prevent an attack. This is a good thing, it promotes more actual pvp and situations, and promotes lesser tribes getting started by finding a safe server away from their target. 

we agree totally about the trolls on pve as i'm currently the target of a 3 tribe harassment campaign that WC has ignored multiple support tickets about i'm more aware than most about the pve trolling problems.the other day they tamed low level dinos renamed them with insults and left them in one of our members base. This guy happens to be in a wheel chair since he was a child and they left a pteran. in his base named "the wheels on the bus". i've stopped even bothering to submit any more tickets as i already know they won't be taken seriously.

i also agree the fertilizer issue stinks but it would take DAYS of dropping dinos to empty a large crop plot.

All i was saying is many people including myself have played pvp only for that one feature alone. Being able to find a cool dino and carry it back to my base to safely tame it is very nice.My suggestion was only to bring out that there are reasons why pvp servers often look like controlled pve servers with guns.

The difference between an alpha tribe on SE and an alpha tribe on a center or island server is so huge.  People are just loading gigas into se servers and wiping everything.  There is no plant x.  Do you realize how impossiable it is to stop 1 giga let alone multiple storming yourbase with nothing more then turrets?  They wait for a thunderstorm and just steam roll everything.  This is game breaking, i know multiple tribes on multiple servers who will be done with ark once and for all because of this.  You are killing your fan base rapidly my employing such drastic pvp changes.  We have close to 50 wyverns on offical pvp.  They will be nothing in comparission to the giga armys that are fast approaching.  Not to mention being able to pull them from air drops.  Wth is wrong with you guys!?!?   "Hey, anything good in the drop?"  "Oh, just a giga, nom nom" .  You relize you let air drops fall straight into peoples houses, bases and even there perimeters.  This is Madness.  My tribe and i have been playing since day 1 and without question have put up with all your krappy decsions thus far,  but no more.  30+ people from my tribe alone, will never play again.  Way to go, Ark will die before it was even relased.  "Applause"

44 minutes ago, Blackjs said:

The difference between an alpha tribe on SE and an alpha tribe on a center or island server is so huge.  People are just loading gigas into se servers and wiping everything.  There is no plant x.  Do you realize how impossiable it is to stop 1 giga let alone multiple storming yourbase with nothing more then turrets?  They wait for a thunderstorm and just steam roll everything.  This is game breaking, i know multiple tribes on multiple servers who will be done with ark once and for all because of this.  You are killing your fan base rapidly my employing such drastic pvp changes.  We have close to 50 wyverns on offical pvp.  They will be nothing in comparission to the giga armys that are fast approaching.  Not to mention being able to pull them from air drops.  Wth is wrong with you guys!?!?   "Hey, anything good in the drop?"  "Oh, just a giga, nom nom" .  You relize you let air drops fall straight into peoples houses, bases and even there perimeters.  This is Madness.  My tribe and i have been playing since day 1 and without question have put up with all your krappy decsions thus far,  but no more.  30+ people from my tribe alone, will never play again.  Way to go, Ark will die before it was even relased.  "Applause"

SE tribes got bully on Islands ones and now they are crying about it is 2 ways now. The changes are heavy and it hitted all sides. I believe that the game mechanics has changed and thats the real point. No tribe is supposed to stay only in one server now if they want to be someone. SE map is a harsh environment and hard to establish but high rewarding one. You should stay on island map and use SE more like a hunting/farming ground as it is not safe even for PvE gaming( cant deal with the golens/wyverns lures there). The changes was really needed, was not fun at all to join a server with an specific alpha tribe controlling it for months or a year. No way to play there no fun for the alpha too. New threats , new life, more pvp, more dynamic power chain and healthier servers in long term, more power balance.

Yes, i know that someone or alot of ones are losing something right now, but thats the point on a survival sandbox game. When things changes at least one lose something but is needed as we had official servers only for old alpha tribes.

Edited by ZulunSurvives

@Jat The server i play on has been kept peaceful and friendly (although it's pvp) for the longest time and we have worked hard to maintain a community of good honest players who help each other out where possible and eliminate trolls and hostile tribes. due to this no one but the alpha tribes has felt the need to get serious about defence. with one update you've changed the game for us completely with only a weeks notice to throw up whatever defence we can manage. i don't like to be that person who moans about things like this but we AT LEAST needed some more notice about a dramatic change such as this... i've been forced to spend many sleepless nights this week grinding turrets and pill boxes etc to attempt to save months of hard work on a server that has always been peaceful. (without the use of many of my tames who were murdered by a super turkey that spawned inside of my base less than a week ago) a tribe has already turned up declaring war on the server. sadly i feel like my time on the ark may be coming to an end :( 

I think there needs to be more limits or regulation on big tribes but also doing it in a way that helps make the game better. I think there should be a personal vault system that is available on any one type of server( like all pvp official server) and in this vault you get 6 slots that can house any item or dino. But wen you remove a item from vault there is a 10day cool down before you can place another item or dino. Also if you join a tribe you cannot use your vault and must use the tribe vault which  is limited to 10 slots. Also limit the type of dino... instead of a 10 or 6 gigas transfer in to a Scorched server, limit them to only on of each kind. Also limit according to the item type, like structures can only by multiplied by 10( ex. 10 metal walls) vs armor that can be multiplied by 2 ( ex. 2 riot helm)This alone will balance things by making a Alpha tribe choose wisely in what they transfer, are you gonna bring dinos and no gear? or are you gonna bring a small metal base? or are you gonna bring armor?Also on another thought have a tribe public history. A system where you can look up any player and see there tribe movements. See if this person is from a alpha wiping tribe and determine if this person needs to be killed on site. Also another thing would be to find a way to introduce my ideas to the game. My idea to indroduce this is by making a NCP city on every server/map. In this city even on a pvp one you can safely interact (without thinking about yourself getting killed lol) with other players. A city with a trade post and transfer vault. Stores for blueprints that are bought from items found by doing boss fights.  But ya you get the idea. Oh also by having a vault system, it will help small tribes and solo players in the event they get wiped on their server. They can use the items and dinos they placed in the vault as a way to not start off fresh. Idk tell me wat you think can this help and if so can it be done in game???

@Jat So my prediction came true... all my tames (except the ones you killed with super turkeys around a week ago) were killed, seemingly for fun, while i was asleep by a tribe from another server... and i can't even go to their server to take revenge because they didn't use any tames that would leave evidence. congratulations on ruining the game for me and many others like me... months of game time made pointless :'( 

well sallutations also. we managed to unify the whole server against raider , that until yesterday when the whole server got attacked by some duchebags from server 45 shooting rockets left and right with a few tames. we found them we wiped them even if we lost some valuable stuff and tames in the process and the next thing we do is blocking all 3 obelisks which is already done and blocking all air drop locations , already blocked 30+ and ill block them in 1 by 2 boxes tnl i waste all my vault full of metal

This change only ruins your game . If our delay boxes dont stop more server attacks we will be done for good . And by the way the worst stupid decision you could have ever made was to allow transfer from a stupid air drop What the actual **** are you thinking devs? want to see your game dead? fine by me keep it this way you are on the right path

On 11/24/2016 at 1:23 PM, Blackjs said:

You say that dragons are not match for gigas do you remember that you got the lighting and poison wyverns? They can attack from the sky safe from the giga's attacks while building up their madness level which will make them rampage and attack the other gigas if they are to close who will then attack back in an infinite cycle of madness that might kill their riders. Now correct me if I am wrong but once they get out of rage mode they will not continue to doe  what you ordered before they went wild, so if their riders die they would have to go back in order to control them again and in the meanwhile you cant make them follow you somewhere were their riders wont find them until. If they don't die from hunger and they find them at least you will be able to slow down the enemies (suggestion do not use fire wyverns because not only their range is small but fire does not make them go rage. Also you said that you do not have x plant species? WELL you can't do anythin, (cough)bring seeds (cough) from the island?you ever thought about that? Hope you can understand that. 

Well, this update ruined the game, alphas have been going from server to server wiping them, just for fun. Ive even heard of whole servers turned to slaves by alphas from other servers, ex: (we want 600 polymer by the end of every day, or you get wiped). Way to go wild card, you guys ruined your own game. Add me to the number of people you'v lost to this update, im done. We got attacked by 4 different tribes from other servers, until we got wiped. Battlefield 1 here I come.

On 11/18/2016 at 1:38 PM, Edgar Button said:

This is turning into a massacre 

We may be in trouble

+1

I'm starting to believe that this is what the devs wanted.  This way they can wipe all servers for official release.  

Only problem is that they are going to run off all the beginners that aren't part of some huge tribe...

8 minutes ago, JBH said:

+1

I'm starting to believe that this is what the devs wanted.  This way they can wipe all servers for official release.  

Only problem is that they are going to run off all the beginners that aren't part of some huge tribe...

I think most beginners start with single player (at least they should in the current environment). 

I would guess instead of completely abandoning the game as some say they have here, most players turn to a private server. Maybe that is the actual goal of WC here?

11 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I think most beginners start with single player (at least they should in the current environment). 

I would guess instead of completely abandoning the game as some say they have here, most players turn to a private server. Maybe that is the actual goal of WC here?

I've been playing for about a month now, and I've held my own with only two of us in my tribe.  That was until this update.  Server jumpers have come over and wiped my base 6 times in the last week, then just jump back to their server without a trace.  Ark may get some newbs to buy the game, but player retention is going to be nonexistent.  

2 hours ago, JBH said:

I've been playing for about a month now, and I've held my own with only two of us in my tribe.  That was until this update.  Server jumpers have come over and wiped my base 6 times in the last week, then just jump back to their server without a trace.  Ark may get some newbs to buy the game, but player retention is going to be nonexistent.  

You may not know this, but there is a huge number of unofficial servers out there. Way more than the officials.

My first play on a server (not single player) was on an unofficial. They don't have the feature of cross-ark-transfer (at least not to official servers) that is making PVP so hostile these days. I don't know the numbers, but have heard some say 10x the population on unofficial as on official. 

These unofficial servers are open to newbs also, same as they were to me a year ago. I don't really see why everyone thinks this is catastrophic if they could just look past there own personal situation. Most players out there are not being affected. 

The official servers are the test systems for ARK. If you don't want to be exposed to the latest bugs and problems, you have other choices.

In closing, I do sympathize with all the PVP players on officials, I feel your pain, but it is not the end of ARK. 

@Jat hey I guess you aren't listening to what people are saying. . . The primitive game is being ruined. 

There are large tribes going around wiping primitive servers. I was wiped about a week ago for supposedly "trolling" even though I hadn't been on primitive for a month as I have been enjoying the cluster server but hey cool that's ark now days. 

The issue is they came back this weekend and wiped the server, now this was facilitated by a lack of foresight on WC part. Not only do you allow full dino transfer but you remove flame arrows. . . now you have tribes filling up servers with 240+ gigas and wiping everything. 

Do you even play primitive? If so how would you defend against 40 people with 30 gigas and 10 dragons, please give us some tactical advise because there are a lot of people that could use it.

I get it is pvp but let's see who agrees with me by the likes that this game already requires pretty much an unhealthy gaming obsession to have any form of success but even as much time as I waste on this game or how good of an alliance my little island server has of the 5 active tribes and 25 players. . . We can't compete with these mass server filling raiding parties. Oh and FYI the 12 hours cool down doesn't matter, there isn't anything left on the server. Lol

i have attached a picture where you see players stating in chat they are wiping all primitive servers. The conversation  is with a single man tribe on my old server, the guy works, has kids and enjoys some ark. Been on the server since launch. Guess what he is playing right now? 

GTA because the whole server got wiped! Now maybe I am the outlier but I just don't think this current setup is good for ark. 

Sorry I am a bit worked up but i just can't comprehend how nobody from WC can see and realize how this is hurting the game. 

It is kind of like the team is a bunch of Kardashians, lol out of touch with reality. 

Well I guess we all are as the game isn't real.

p.s. And before wildbill post some none sense about ark official servers being test servers sorry about the pvp wipes, they already tested it on pc and the same thing happened  lol

IMG_8002.JPG

I understand it is PvP and the ability to transfer tames, character's, and items is fun. To balance server take overs and players blocking drops. If I can make a suggestion have passage tokens that can only be obtained on that server to allow a player to transfer off that server. These would only be allowed to be used in obulisk.  

• 2 weeks later...

How about splitting it 50/50 half the PVP servers allow for transfers half don't allow for transfers, so players that don't care to be steamrolled from dragons don't have to be, whilst the players that think it is fair game can go right ahead. Keep more of the variety so it suits a broader fanbase when EU and NA have 160+ servers varying the options shouldn't be too difficult. Also OC  need more servers

• 2 weeks later...

A few months ago I started playing this game, we had internal problems with Russian raiding our base, after politics and a few wars things settled down, we built, tamed, had fun, small time pvp. Almost beginning to get abit boring but in a good way, this game was perfect. I didnt have to be online 24/7 guarding my base, feeling that I have to be online 8pm cause of raids like WoW or any of those other really crappy games out there that basiclly forces you to be online if you wanna be a part of the game community and grow ur character, MMO's rearly allows for casual gamers to grow. ARK did, but then a messege came, "Total server transfer of all Dinos"... Full character transfer.... 1 week later we had battlerafts comming in with lying people, kidz, russians, chinese, socially missplaced, you name it. They killed of our Wyverns we had tamed by having multiple characters, on one SE, one on Island, transfering milk. All dead, weeks of preperations and work, all gone. Battlerafts comming in on european servers in our time 4 o´clock in the morning on a thuseday, killing the server gigas when we where sleeping. for a few weeks we fought them, we killed their gigas, we killed their Wyverns, we killed their lvl 300+ pteras, over and over but as we killed them a new one took its place, we couldnt even determin what server they where from, all came from diffrent servers. One by one the big tribes fell, months of breeding/years died along with them. 20-30 people could come in any time and attack, any time of the day and night. I just feel that as parent and a person with a full time job this game is no longer for me, I like pvp, fair pvp, pvp when u atleast have a chanse, I like building, Im okay with farming cause the reward will come. But there is no more reward, the reward is to see ur hours of ingame time destroyed, the social community broken, people go of to private servers, single player or PVE. All my game friends leaving me. ARK is broken, ARK is not fun anymore.

The chats are filled with [][][][][][][][][][][][][][] on almost all the servers I enter, all are earopean servers, those that are not filled with cubes in chat have spikes on the spawns, "we die entering, we tried sending messege to devs about it" but the people are just trying to protect themselfs from ARK madness, I cant blame them. We tried rebuilding on other servers, today we got destroyed again. Russians...again... they destroyed the alpha tribe during the night, took their name and stating killing of the tribes again. One by one I will see them fall, again.

ARK is broken, what ARK did on a whim destroyed hours,days,months of community laughs and friendsship. ARK say they dont like cheaters, neither do I, neither do the raiders, its not cheating thats the problem, its the helplessness created by the ARK developers. Those of us that do care, the raiders dont care, they laugh if you call them a "Idiot", they think its fun to "Lie", they think its fun to destroy our bases and killing our Dinos even after they destroyed and plunderd the vaults, they just want to destroy, like a litle boy that like killing small animals. And they are good at it, We never stod a chanse, we never will, this is fun for them, this is madness.

Thank you ARK development team...