Evolution Event: Cross ARK Transfers & More!

Jatheish

Transfers go against the best part of ARK verse Rust, Server Community.

Rust you could hop from server to server being a real turd and it made the game have little to no community apart from some of the large servers. Pre-xfers you got to know people on your server, if your were a jerk while setting up you paid the price, there was some accountability for your actions. 

Our server started out as most pvp officials did hostile as hell, after a lot of wars and alphas being dethroned we got a tribe that laid down some fair ground rules. no building on resources, no blocking caves off, or building in them, no killing of passive tames and if your caught raiding your open to be raided by the whole server, these rules have lasted through 3 alpha tribes.

With this change any #50stronk@7am tribe can just rock up and ruin the community we have fought for a year to make, then what ? They just leave for another server after ruining the community that one, a lot people play on these peaceful pvp server as it like pve without pillar spamming passive aggressive jerks.

A lot of the players here started in big tribes but there friends quit like a month or two after release so there is a lot solo tribes with bases and tames with 2-4K hours of work. I know most will take getting wiped as the push to finally quit with their friends or leave for unofficial/single player.

Scorched Earth should have worked like a extension for Island and Center maps, each server having their own Scorched Earth, that you would have to build a gateway in your base to get to the new ARK, that way both maps would have the same community.

This is early access and changes are very fluid I know nothing is set in stone but this is kinda huge, those tribes that had been duping items now can go to any server with the items they made from the mats of those dupes and wreck havoc. 

I have a possible solution to consider regarding transfers on PVP. I think they should be limited, or capped to prevent mega destruction tribes from overtaking the entire official ark community. I love the idea of being able to move across maps as a little guy. But the thought of big destructive mega-tribes having this kind of power is like handing them the keys to the death star. The 12 hour cool down is a good start, but I also think you need to limit the number of dinos/items a tribe/person can transfer in any given period of time. That way moving a large tribe from one map to another will take strategy & patience rather than just all brute force.

SE disadvantage is lack of rain or water source which is needed for plant-x, and thunderstorms stopping running turrets 24/7. Also, adobe is equivalent to wooden structures and have to be used because of heat insulation. In that sense SE needs help. Other maps have no such distractions. I think it's time to un-nerf the tamed golems maybe and make them susceptible to headshots the second time around. Giga needs a similar balance, in the sense that wild stats have to be lowered so tamed ones wouldn't need a nerf. Post-tame nerf in stats is just stupid. I also dont like infinite bp uses. Why store ram/apprent when you've got jm already? With cluster, it's even more a problem. The system is not new and has been tested with fishing rods. Needs to be applied to all bps now, I think. 5 crafts per bps!!! Also, 12h transfer block seems low. Make it 3 days or smth. 

Anyways, good luck pvp guys. I'll cross my fingers on the pve side :P 

4 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

I like the sound of this. I've ploughed weeks into my base on the Island and would love to start one on the Centre or Scorched Earth, but don't want to have to start again or leave everything behind.

As if you will have anything to transfer. This will be an all out war on alpha across all servers. The little guys like you will be crushed and wipe off the face of the map.

My only concern is SE will now be easy, with being able to bring over kibble, dinos etc. Not to mention that takes away from SE. Those of us who left behind our Center/Island servers wont have the ability to transfer Center/Island dinos and will have to deal with buying overpriced dinos with no real purpose or function on SE. All the hours put into taming dinos that dont have kibble, just to get it now is rather insulting. Thats a lot of wasted time we could have saved and that if there was the intention to make SE open to transfers, it should have had the dinos to begin with. SE will no longer be a harder map, and people will get their bases wiped by gigas in a matter of days. I find this to be a bad decision, instead of making the game easier, you should work on the crashes on SE. 

2 hours ago, holyshackle said:

You turned a problem into a BIGGER problem, gratz.

Lol, right? First they lower the amount of wishbones needed for a dodorex to a measly 100 (we had several hundred on day 1 of the event), then they nerf the health and damage of the turkeys over and over again... making it even easier to attain a dodorex. Now after using a few of them and seeing their insane power, we have to wipe our servers of all survivors so they can't get one.. Now this cross server play? Lol, Bye bye player base. The decision making at Wildcard is so bad.... Every time Jeremy Stieglitz opens his mouth on twitter it makes me cringe. 

Wow, a lot of anger here from SE players upset that their bases are no longer safe from retaliation. Good game guys. Now you know how we have been feeling the last few months. Except, we did not go to your server to attack for no reason and kill stuff in offline raids. Why so salty that the playing field has been levelled? Your complaint of quetzes and gigas hopping to your server sounds eerily like ours for the last two months about wyverns and golems coming from SE. We were told continuously to suck it up and "Build better defenses". I think you see where this is going. I foresee a lot of retribution for smashed bases coming. And anyone can access battlemetrics to see what server the raiders come from. So, all of those bases gotten by cheating? Yeah, there's about to be a lot more people with rockets and launchers gotten by the grind the grinder method coming for payback.

After that storm has passed, I imagine people will play a bit more nicely. Raiding will never stop. But there's no running away to escape retribution now.

This has got to be the most ridiculous thing yet from WC.

You've got crazy large tribes that do nothing but go and roflstomp other servers that become at least "stable" enough to be okay to nothing.

This ranges from such a tribe like Nonono(a tribe that duped thousands of items/explosives and got away with it mind you) that controls 11+ servers to Chinese/foreign invasions in hordes (talking about 30-50+ people). Coming in and wiping servers out.

But that's what you guys wanted all along right? To wipe the servers. Only you wanted to say "you were listening to the community". Obviously not.

There was already pvp, griefers and so on happening. You just made it a thousand times worse. I don't doubt for a moment the community will drop easily 40% by the time all those griefers are done and bored to move on or come back and constantly harass again.  

Not to mention returning or new players of how they would even play at this point. I hardly see it happening. 

Ps. Tossing this out without warning is shady as poop btw.

16 minutes ago, DuperDash said:

A lot of you are overreacting to this update. Also, most of you probably didn't read the rest of the article that said they are going to start getting stricter on cheating. If you are afraid of getting wiped in your server then start making allies or something. Or you can play PvE or primitive+.

I only play on PVE. So... not worried about people showing up from other servers. Gonna make it a lot easier to get pylymer for SE though.

I bought this game a couple weeks ago and have been playing the hell out of it just to get started.  I've had multiple bases destroyed on multiple servers.  I see a mixture of three things happening with this whole transfer concept.  1 there will be multi-server alpha tribes making it even harder to find a decent place to start.  2 alphas will start warring with alphas and leave the little guy alone. 3, entire servers will join together to keep the multi-server alpha tribes out. 

It seems to me that things would be a lot more fair if there was a cap put onto the number of survivors in a tribe.  It's damn near impossible to do PVP as a single player that is just starting.

three of my friends and I bought the game at the same time, wanting to start a tribe together.  Things went well for about a week until the larger tribes noticed we were on the server and destroyed everything(walls, foundations, etc).  To make a long story short, one person is playing PVE which to me is like playing a game on easy settings.  One person has quit completely.  One person joined a bigger tribe of other friends (still only 6 people), so he is using guns and rocket launchers and all the other advanced stuff without ever having to work through the basic stuff.  And here I am, alone, trying to upgrade stats and bases, slowly harvesting inventory, getting raided, and just trying to experience the game.  The only thing I'm finding annoying is that I feel like very few people do what I do.  They instead do PVE or join an already advanced tribe.  Where's the fun or competition in either of those options? 

3 hours ago, holyshackle said:

50+ raiding tribes are going to use the already massive amount of servers they have to raid every server, ruining the entire community people have built up on offical servers over the year of playing with each other.

VDD have 100+ players 10+ islands servers and guess what, they have my server targeted, I'm not going to give them the chance to offline raid me so I'm de-spawning my base and hoping onto another game.

Curious why do they target you at random out of all people?Sounds like you gave them a reason