Evolution Event: Cross ARK Transfers & More!

Jatheish

52 minutes ago, Jat said:

Could you elaborate please, would like to know your thoughts :)

Jat, please rethink the Center being able to goto the Island. They have way more gigas that spawn, and way more of those that spawn are way above the level of the single giga that spawns every now and then on the Island. It's in no way fair to pin the Island up against the Center. I've worked too hard to lose everything I have just because the odds are against me.

14 minutes ago, NoOne said:

Already on 722, the "Master Alpha" of our cluster hit its first server with over 22 gigas, +Quetz, + all the scorched dinos.  You have started a systematic server wipe, 12 hours at a time.  With no items limits, or dino limits in transfers this is the end for a lot of us.

This is turning into a massacre 

We may be in trouble

5 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

They didn't even the ground for anyone, they simply served the entire game on a silver plate to all those cancer tribes (50+ members) from foreign countries. There are no way in the world smaller tribe of 5-6 players (which represents the vast majority of tribes now) can stand a remote chance.

We are back to state of the game we had last year with all those bullying tribes invading with mass grenades via obelisks.... well done on killing the game.

im picturing a 50% player drop in the next 2 weeks

11 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

They didn't even the ground for anyone, they simply served the entire game on a silver plate to all those cancer tribes (50+ members) from foreign countries. There are no way in the world smaller tribe of 5-6 players (which represents the vast majority of tribes now) can stand a remote chance.

We are back to state of the game we had last year with all those bullying tribes invading with mass grenades via obelisks.... well done on killing the game.

Sounds like PvP

59 minutes ago, holyshackle said:

50+ raiding tribes are going to use the already massive amount of servers they have to raid every server, ruining the entire community people have built up on offical servers over the year of playing with each other.

VDD have 100+ players 10+ islands servers and guess what, they have my server targeted, I'm not going to give them the chance to offline raid me so I'm de-spawning my base and hoping onto another game.

You could use the last of your base to raptored their home servers up and you can use battlemetrics to know wich one they are

16 minutes ago, ZulunSurvives said:

So you guys plays on PVP servers and dont want war? Only to sit on  the safety of your base and being "alpha tribes" and controlling your little world where no one can grow there unless you decide to allow it. Where's the pvp there?  I see a world of opportunity and fun there. Will love to see 2 "alpha tribes" fighting each other , and not knowing so well the terrain and map or even who are its enemies as they do on their own homeland. Lets be honest, when you get to the top the game ends until the next event with dodorex/dodowyvern. To bring cross servers Wars will bring a new level of war and power dispute. Of course some tribes will annihilate others but it is what happends all the times when someone trys to grow on your server.

The thing Im worried about is only the server player cap. Being locked out while some tribe swarms yours. Thats a real problem.

I think war is great, Islands should war with one another, but pinning the Center against the Island is completely unfair, the Center has way more spawns and numerous high level giga spawns when only 1 giga spawns on the island, and usually at a low level. Islands don't stand a chance against Center servers

On the heat map, what are the dark rectangular areas around swamps?  Is it just that fewer things spawn there or is something else going on around those areas?

RE The exploits and such, it seems well handled for the PC, the Xbox seems to have some limitations at least as far as Dedicated Servers go.  Will we be able to get better ways for Admins to keep trolls and exploiters and griefers away?  Right now it seems there are some bugs or limitations in how the admins can block users.  It seems to either crash when they try to ban or the bans don't seem to take effect when the server crashes for other reasons or is restarted after updates.  Even if the user is not a friend of the server gamer tag they can join via another user that is.

And thanks for the updates and listening.  While not everyone is going to be happy with the changes, the changes seem reasonable so far.  We'll have to see how they play out.

The game has a big issue with behemoth tribes flooding a server and offline raiding people. Previously this was limited to what they could build before being discovered, or by what they could build up and transfer from SE servers. Now they can steamroll through servers with the only limitation being they have to wait 12 hours between server wipes. The options for PvP will be; join a trans-server tribe, or be wiped by one, or both. Is that how you survive the Ark? 

Additionally you've taken away the individuality of the different maps. SE was fun because for older players it was a challenge. You had to start again with hand tools and worrying about elemental damage etc. There were also limitations to SE like having dinos with favoured kibble not available(argies) this meant going back to meat taming. Now you can move your imprinted gigas and war quetzals over and instantly be set up, no different to your home server.

You're going to lose a lot of old players, and new players are going to find it even more difficult than before to start. 
Consider delaying this function, reading some of the comments here and on other platforms, and then re-assess whether it's really the direction you want Ark to go. 

Just now, HighFlyer15 said:

Does this allow Official to Unofficial transfers? We would love to get the remaining animals from official to our private server :)
They don't seem to show up on the download list though :( 

I thought this only requited transfers being turned on on the private server.  Yours is set this way already?  Have you transferred anything in the past?

15 minutes ago, AsunaTheNewGuys said:

I think war is great, Islands should war with one another, but pinning the Center against the Island is completely unfair, the Center has way more spawns and numerous high level giga spawns when only 1 giga spawns on the island, and usually at a low level. Islands don't stand a chance against Center servers

War transcended maps. Thats why it go awesome! Your tribe can now go to the center and farm some dino to defend and fight back as they do go to yours.Or both of you can go to SE and farm some explosives and wyverns. We are dealing with equal opportunities. The only 2 walls are: Server POP cap and the DLC, what is cheap. And if you want to be competitive in any game you must have it all, not only a part.

Just now, Tanek said:

I thought this only requited transfers being turned on on the private server.  Yours is set this way already?  Have you transferred anything in the past?

We have transferred from private server to private server. SE to Island and the other way as well, so I'm guessing we're set up correctly.
But I'm not sure :/ 

6 minutes ago, SuperNasty said:

The game has a big issue with behemoth tribes flooding a server and offline raiding people. Previously this was limited to what they could build before being discovered, or by what they could build up and transfer from SE servers. Now they can steamroll through servers with the only limitation being they have to wait 12 hours between server wipes. The options for PvP will be; join a trans-server tribe, or be wiped by one, or both. Is that how you survive the Ark? 

Additionally you've taken away the individuality of the different maps. SE was fun because for older players it was a challenge. You had to start again with hand tools and worrying about elemental damage etc. There were also limitations to SE like having dinos with favoured kibble not available(argies) this meant going back to meat taming. Now you can move your imprinted gigas and war quetzals over and instantly be set up, no different to your home server.

You're going to lose a lot of old players, and new players are going to find it even more difficult than before to start. 
Consider delaying this function, reading some of the comments here and on other platforms, and then re-assess whether it's really the direction you want Ark to go. 

i hate to say it but i dont even have the desire to finish my fortress on SE its a waste of time at this point. not to mention the damage to generators and lightning storms are a total disadvantage. the beauty of scorched was everyone was even it was about being a community and guarding each other no base on scorched was 100% invincible. It forced you to either have a warring server or a good strong allied community. KISS IT GOODBYE!

@Jat i felt pushed to play on mostly dead playee dedi already but even more so now. i was desperately waiting for proc jen official server but with this free roam transfer and the plague that is the wiping of server by key tribes.. makes me want to play even less than before. hell i feel i almost cannot now.. many games PUNISH griefers. you have essentially replaced their gun with a nuke on a 12 hour build timer.. cheers for that.. PLEASE consider opening locked no transfer servers for those of us not wanting to take a brutal *** pounding and having to say thanks in the process.. 

I am genuinely gutted really. i love ark.. i want to love it more.. but the more you mess with the problem makes it lesa desirable..

Sad

very very sad

1 hour ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Next week. Gonna make sure it appears solid on PC first throughout this weekend!

Oh please give it to us on Xbox now, we lost everything to the turkeys on our scorched earth server the spawned in walked right under our behemoth gates and killed everything I submitted a ticket but no response yet.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Next week. Gonna make sure it appears solid on PC first throughout this weekend!

16 minutes ago, SuperNasty said:

Im strongly considering uninstalling.. i cannot find a good stable  moderately popular but locked private and frankly now i left old servers in the derelict days cannot return to stay alive long enough with the uberzerg moving about

I really think this is a mistake. Yes, it allows people to take the hard work that they've done on one server and compete on another.  But there need to be some limitations.  Perhaps instead of making every ark transferable, tie existing servers together into more of the clusters that you've already started?  That way you get the cross map transfer but don't open up every single map to the tribes that want to wipe out every community there is.  PVP is all well and good, but no one likes to come home to see that the projects they've been working on for the last 6 months have been destroyed by a bunch of trolling jerks. Offline raiding is real and it is effective. Please seriously take into consideration the concerns of the player base on this one.  The thought of every massive tribe being able to just flood our server and kill off bloodlines that we spent months breeding makes me sick to my stomach.