Evolution Event: Cross ARK Transfers & More!

Jatheish

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, NykonX said:

Hi @Jat,

You stated, "Complete transfer of Items, Tames and Survivors through all MAPS on the Official ARK Network (separated by game mode)."

Is this only for the cluster servers or could I transfer from standard pve official servers Island to Scorced and Scorched to Island? You made it sound like it was only available on the 3 way cluster servers consisting of all three maps.

All servers are on a cluster. If you're on a PvE server, you're apart of the PvE cluster, so you'll be able to transfer to any PvE server. If you're on a PvP server, you'll be able to transfer to any PvP server - etc. They just have to be of the same type + gamemode. So Primitive PvE -> Primitive PvE would be fine, but not Primitive PvE to Primitive PvP.

• Administrator
Just now, slayerofzombs87 said:

one thing you could do for the love of god .... is change how golems shake your base when no where near its damn irritating im in my chem table and  our golem while getting resources other tribe member it drives me insane i cant be the only one? ....

There's an option to reduce how much your camera shakes

This is likely going to cause some problems with the whole cross-server dino transfer thing. Like people have stated there are tribes with no other purpose than to move on to a server and burn it to the ground. Now, that problem is worse. A big tribe can pack a few heavy transport dinos with everything they need to build a massive base right off, throw it up and start wrecking everything around them.

Well, I think I'll stick with extinction servers. There's no need to worry about a tribe becoming so big they push everyone off the server, covering the map in turrets and the like.

11 minutes ago, Freya said:

Already had to deal with people transferring wyverns and golems from SE trying to wipe servers, now we have to deal with all that + gigas and titans and whatever else they can bring from the island/center servers. At least try to also limit the amount of items people can bring or make a cool-down for item transfer too. That wouldn't even solve the problem if 50 people come on your server out of nowhere with full inventory of explosives.

Let's not forget that SE map was supposed to be harder than the others, now we can just transfer all the kibble in the world to tame stuff there and make our lives a lot easier oh and structures? So I can farm the volcano on the island and get a bunch of metal, make a bunch of structures and go to SE and boom, already have a base. 

I really don't know why you guys did this, but I don't like it at all. Hope you made the right decision here. 

By doing this they have leveled the playing field for everybody, if someone comes to raid you your able to transfer things back to thier original server and raid them back, we should not just be stuck with the same people in one server until one tribe top tribe and everyone else plays by thier rules yeah that cool for the alpha but for the other 80% of the server is completely unfair by doing this you keep servers form going stale and eventually dying because no one but the alpha wants to play on there then they get bored because theres no one else to play with 

@Jat

Since this issue has been going on for so long.  The "Master" alpha tribes that have been taking over whole clusters have collected HUGE amounts of resources.  Uninhibited taming and collection of dinos.  Already on 722, the "Master Alpha" of our cluster hit its first server with over 22 gigas, +Quetz, + all the scorched dinos.  You have started a systematic server wipe, 12 hours at a time.  With no items limits, or dino limits in transfers this is the end for a lot of us.

Thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Kizro said:

@Jat Please very carefully read and consider the ticket I've submitted, it details a very severe game critical bug relevant to this patch that you've just announced. This will be another severely exploited abusive bug if you don't fix it asap. 

If you have an exploit to report, please send a detailed email to info@studiowildcard.com.

@Jat does the 12h cooldown affect singleplayer? Because there is no reason it has to.

I see:
* Added new server commandline/ini option ?MinimumDinoReuploadInterval=1000 for number of seconds cooldown between allowed Dino re-uploads (defaults to 0, set to 43200 on Official Servers which is 12 hours). Remaining cooldown time is displayed on the Dino Upload UI.

Sorry for not checking patch notes first.:Jerblove:

1 minute ago, OGCookies said:

By doing this they have leveled the playing field for everybody, if someone comes to raid you your able to transfer things back to thier original server and raid them back, we should not just be stuck with the same people in one server until one tribe top tribe and everyone else plays by thier rules yeah that cool for the alpha but for the other 80% of the server is completely unfair by doing this you keep servers form going stale and eventually dying because no one but the alpha wants to play on there then they get bored because theres no one else to play with 

Well if the alphas are not complete assholes, other people playing wouldn't be a problem. 

Also I doubt you will even have the chance to "raid them back" if they bring a bunch of gigas from the island/center, another bunch of wyverns and golems and tons and tons of explosives and gear since there is no limit for those and if it happens that you are hated by multiple tribes from different servers, then you're just done. 

Ok

wildcard u just destroyed this game 2k playhours of fair farming... facing ASSHOLES of 50 man tribes with duped 100k ingots etc .. HOW IS THIS FAIR? ARE YOU ACTUALLY THINKING BOUT WHAT U DOING?

WHY DO YOU raptor UP PEOPLE CONSTANTLy

IT SHOULDNT BE raptorING POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER AT ALL

holy damn im so raptoring angry i cant even express it... every SE server will be whiped by bigger tribes i guarantee it ... Thank you just raptoring thank you for anouncing this too

Woo
I'm ahead, I'm a man
I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
I'm at peace with my lust
I can kill 'cause in god I trust, yeah
It's evolution, baby

I'm at piece, I'm the man
Buying stocks on the day of the crash
On the loose, I'm a truck
All the rolling hills, I'll flatten 'em out, yeah
It's herd behavior, uh huh
It's evolution, baby

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, he's my clone
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
This land is mine, this land is free
I'll do what I want but irresponsibly
It's evolution, baby

I'm a thief, I'm a liar
There's my church, I sing in the choir:
(Hallelujah, hallelujah)

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, admire my clones
'Cause we know, appetite for a nightly feast
Those ignorant Indians got nothin' on me
Nothin', why?
Because it's evolution, baby!

I am ahead, I am advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
It's evolution, baby
Do the evolution
Come on, come on, come on

WC might be a bunch of left-wing west-coast hipsters and, but I sure do appreciate their dedication to bringing Darwinism into gaming.  Too many people who 'raptoring love science' don't get the full implications of evolutionary practices..

With cross-ark transfers, there is no safe spaces left! May those groups with more asabiyah prevail and let the rivers runneth over with the salty tears of noobs. Not sure how good a business model it is, in the long run.. 

This lunatic heartily applauds though. 

i agree it is amazing but giving SE time to actually build up with kibble tames would be nice before unleashing hell on the servers. servers are only about 3 months old and just got 150 dinos. so the ability for island to just invade with hundreds of gigas and on a map that generators break on and dont have species x is kind of unfair from go. 

12 minutes ago, wolfieArk said:

If I'm reading that right, transferring to scorched earth is amazing. I quit playing SE because so many dinos could not be kibble tamed, but if I can transfer dinos that problem is solved. I'm sure some will not like that, but I love that decision.

9 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

They didn't even the ground for anyone, they simply served the entire game on a silver plate to all those cancer tribes (50+ members) from foreign countries. There are no way in the world smaller tribe of 5-6 players (which represents the vast majority of tribes now) can stand a remote chance.

We are back to state of the game we had last year with all those bullying tribes invading with mass grenades via obelisks.... well done on killing the game.

Just now, VooDooSamuraiX said:

i agree it is amazing but giving SE time to actually build up with kibble tames would be nice before unleashing hell on the servers. servers are only about 3 months old and just got 150 dinos. so the ability for island to just invade with hundreds of gigas and on a map that generators break on and dont have species x is kind of unfair from go. 

I play on PvE, assuming you are on PvP. I see the danger for pvp players, but being on pve I don't have this fear. I don't know the best solution for pvp but hope this functionality stays for pve.

i would like to congratulate you on making these decisions as they arent easy to make. I do not agree with all of them but i believe they will increase the overall experience on the ARK alot.

I understand you dont want to make any rush decisions when problems arise and that you want to think things over and talk about them with the whole team. debating a fix then testing it and implementing it takes time, we know that but please, just please communicate with us, even if it isnt a definitive response, talk to us, let us know you are debating things, maybe even ask us what our stance is on some subjects if you doubt how it will influence the game. you are working on this game practically all day so you dont have alot of time to play it yourself, this is perhaps where our experience can come in handy? if not then that is your decision and we will have to accept that but in that case just tell us you heard our complaints and are working on it internally so we KNOW you have heard us and we can turn down the heat and give you time. 

We dont feel like we are entitled to have a say in the way the game is being made, but we ARE the testers, thats why its EARLY ALPHA and i think i speak for the majority of the community if i say we all love this game and would love to help you guys out if needed.

i would like to give you my congratulations in fulfilling one of my biggest childhood dreams and i hope you can turn this early access game in a great success as you all deserve it!!

So you guys plays on PVP servers and dont want war? Only to sit on  the safety of your base and being "alpha tribes" and controlling your little world where no one can grow there unless you decide to allow it. Where's the pvp there?  I see a world of opportunity and fun there. Will love to see 2 "alpha tribes" fighting each other , and not knowing so well the terrain and map or even who are its enemies as they do on their own homeland. Lets be honest, when you get to the top the game ends until the next event with dodorex/dodowyvern. To bring cross servers Wars will bring a new level of war and power dispute. Of course some tribes will annihilate others but it is what happends all the times when someone trys to grow on your server.

The thing Im worried about is only the server player cap. Being locked out while some tribe swarms yours. Thats a real problem.