Evolution Event: Cross ARK Transfers & More!

Jatheish

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, BladedRose said:

@Jat Just wondering , Not to be a stickler , but .... it's Fri , Nov 18 @ 12 40  PM , We are trying to do a tame with the idea that the 2X was happening .. and um.. Any idea when it will happen ? Trying not to kill the tame here. PS ( on xbox . )

It should be live right now, it takes a little while to take effect. 

At times when i notice so many people on the same page with how bad it seems to allow these massive destroyer tribes free access to every server, i really wonder how the devs are saying "we've listened to the community" I don't recall seeing many topics about opening up all server transfers. I could be mistaken, but the general consensus seems in agreement that if you're not a tribe of 50+ this update is going to make sure that you have nothing left in ark by this time next year.

• Good job Wildcard. For real. I have been saying on Reddit for weeks now, We (On the CrossARKclusters) do not at all deal with the one-way threat a lot of center and island tribes may deal with, so there is this "Mutual respect/destruction" all servers know could happen if one invaded the other. so we simply don't go raid there. because we know it'll be brought our front door tomorrow morning. be happy guys. now you can go retaliate allllll those SE servers they've raided you with impunity the past few weeks or months! go nuts! lol.

PS-I've been rough on you guys lately (Because of the DC's man, they're so, so bad....) but genuinely respect you guys. and look at it as a good thing the community is so, at times, critical. that means they care. If no one complained, they wouldn't care. to quote, again, a former Girlfriend "If a woman stops complaining about anything you've done, that means she no longer cares." we care! the community loves this game. and all of your hard work is appreciated! That's not just hyperbole. Jen, Jeremy, Jat (A lot of J's) and every other Dev I've missed along with the community moderators and stuff, Thank you guys. A lot. 

@Jat : Will we ever be able to do the SE to The Center/The Island and back/Or other way around type of transfers on player dedicated Xbox One servers? Will we have to buy a 3rd Xbox One for this?

I have been asking this over and over and over again with no answer at all.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me.

The advertisement video promised everyone, and that -should- include everyone, including player dedicated servers.

12 minutes ago, Jat said:

Could you elaborate please, would like to know your thoughts :)

A few of the issues as I understood them from before:

• SE tribes could build on SE, then invade Island servers without risk to their base (drawback was, they could not bring the dinos back to SE with them)
  • Possibility of unbalanced fights with the new SE creatures against Island creatures
  • The above points are particularly relevant to players who do not have the expansion

With today's changes

• The drawback of raiding Island servers from a base on SE is removed (albeit with a 12-hour cooldown)
  • Now you also need to worry about balance in the other direction
  • Players without the expansion are still stuck with the same issues, but now SE players may be able to breed Island dinos off-server to bring back

Should be an interesting weekend :)

Excited like a mofo for this. Also kinda scared. I've been wondering what it would be like to have such easy access to other tames and items you can't get on Scorched. This opens up the literal world for adventures and hunting expeditions to gather resources to take home.

Maybe it will also forge stronger alliances on our home ARKs considering entire other servers could come in and start attacking yours.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MeSDatGeek said:

@Jat : Will we ever be able to do the SE to The Center/The Island and back/Or other way around type of transfers on player dedicated Xbox One servers? Will we have to buy a 3rd Xbox One for this?

I have been asking this over and over and over again with no answer at all.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me.

The advertisement video promised everyone, and that -should- include everyone, including player dedicated servers.

It'll likely come into effect once Play Anywhere is available which we're working on.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ArtimusMorgan said:

I wonder how many people complaining about transfers realize the changes apply to CROSSARK server networks?

These changes apply to all Official Servers. You can transfer to any Official server with any map constrained only by game style (Primitive, PVE, PVP and Hardcore)

Just now, Jat said:

It'll likely come into effect once Play Anywhere is available which we're working on.

Well, that's a deal breaker for me and many others, i'm sorry to say.

Why not just make it an instanced "world", like so many other games do out there?

I'd also like to drag another elephant out of the closet here.

Spawns, or should i say, overspawns.

You also mentioned base spawns, but what about the issues with overspawning dinos etc.

Take the Center for example. The redwoods are literally an ocean of Pteranodons. The swamps and other places are swarming with packs of up to 30-50 creatures in one tightly packed group in certain areas.

Now, i'm running my own dedicated Xbox server, so i'm sure you can see why i want to push this up through the priority lists. It has been going on for far too long, and my server is just an empty shell of what it was before the spawns went out of control on the center as well as on the island map.

Is there a fix in the pipe line for this for us Xbox server owners?

18 minutes ago, Jat said:

Could you elaborate please, would like to know your thoughts :)

Already had to deal with people transferring wyverns and golems from SE trying to wipe servers, now we have to deal with all that + gigas and titans and whatever else they can bring from the island/center servers. At least try to also limit the amount of items people can bring or make a cool-down for item transfer too. That wouldn't even solve the problem if 50 people come on your server out of nowhere with full inventory of explosives.

Let's not forget that SE map was supposed to be harder than the others, now we can just transfer all the kibble in the world to tame stuff there and make our lives a lot easier oh and structures? So I can farm the volcano on the island and get a bunch of metal, make a bunch of structures and go to SE and boom, already have a base. 

I really don't know why you guys did this, but I don't like it at all. Hope you made the right decision here. 

Hi @Jat,

You stated, "Complete transfer of Items, Tames and Survivors through all MAPS on the Official ARK Network (separated by game mode)."

Is this only for the cluster servers or could I transfer from standard pve official servers Island to Scorced and Scorched to Island? You made it sound like it was only available on the 3 way cluster servers consisting of all three maps.