[MegaThread] Dino Re-balance Discussion

Jackomo

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Crumplecorn said:

Tested in singleplayer, same results.

I'd take anyone whining without quoting their testing values with a mountain of salt.

And I think they'll give you a mountain of salt. Get it? Never mind.

They can't give you a mountain of salt. Their harvesting got nerfed.

I agree that people are lying about it but I think the reason this nerf Is so bad is because some people have spent ridiculous amounts of time taming dinosaurs and playing this game and now it is all wasted I personally have wasted 800 odd hours of my life playing this game and now all my dinos are crap im not lying my 213 argy had 5k hp and 1.3k dmg and now it has 2k hp and 349 dmg and that's the sort of thing annoys me so much, 95% of people on my server have been badly affected as many other servers have and peoplehae worked really hard for these good dinos its not easy to get 120 perfect tames on rexes and quetzals some tames take to much time for people to do and there is nothing they can do to get good dinos in my opinion the game was already hard enough and the good dino tames were already difficult

I have to admit that this new update is making me a bit nervous. I haven't played yet, so I'll wait before I make any judgement. 

I think it's good that the fear of death and loss of Dinos has resurfaced....but I already had that fear, due to taking unreasonable risks and chances.  Lol. 

The idea of breeding my super Dimos or the last few weeks of leveling my Rex and Saber possibly going to waste is a bit depressing to consider.  

I understand that the fear of loss and having to struggle to survive is kind of the point, but working to establish special things that can get destroyed much easier than before is also frustrating.  I'm kind of torn at the moment.  I think it's probably a good change, but I'm not happy about it either.  Since I'm out and about on my own a fair bit (my tribemate prefers his Quetzel), I'm concerned about my survivability.  And the idea of losing my Dinos more easily means I need to be more thoughtful and careful and strategic....which is good.  However, if I get mauled by a pack of raptors or wolves and lose my best Saber, I will be seriously bummed.  

So as I said, I'm very torn about this.  I'll need to play a bit to truly evaluate it properly, rather than panic right away.  I'm hoping it might get tweaked a bit as we go and swing the pendulum a little more towards the middle.  

Fortunately, I'm on a private PVE server, so I always have the option to make those changes, but I prefer to stay true the original game as much as possible.  I don't use cheat commands and we only upped resource gathering and lowered taming time to accommodate our tribe of two.  

Yeah, I'm a bit nervous at the moment. ;)

Radical change is scary. People also panic easily.  We like to exaggerate to make our points.  It's human nature.  

I'm nervous about the change, as well. I posted a long winded response in another thread, so I won't bore you guys again with it. It's good the game is tougher and it makes you be careful and thoughtful, but it's a bummer to put work into Dinos breeding and leveling and feel that it may be wasted. 

I really need to play a bit to evaluate it properly, but yeah, I'm a bit worried. 

I think that this new update/nerf is really bad because people have spent ridiculous amounts of time playing this game and now it has all gone to waste. I personally have spent 800 odd hours of my life playing this game and now it is all wasted. I understand that people want the survival element back but you can just restart and upload dinos so you can get hem back later if you want but for everyone else who have spent time on the game they now have barely anything. I personally thought that the game was already hard enough some people don't have enough time to tame the top dinos like quetzals. My Argentavis  LVL 213 used to have 5K HP and 1.3K DMG now it has 2K HP and 449 DMG im hoping that  devs either fix this or give server leaders the option to change it back  

I think numbera of nerf can be in range 0.5-0.7, not 0.15-0.3. Now wild dino with same level more powerfull then tamed. Dino taming is meaningless now. Wild dino kill all tamed dinos now. I read our chat and see i lost dino, i lost dino... Some new players stay dino near house and low level wild kill tamed dino very fast

The huge upgrades to health and damage were quite insane when you think about it.
In most other games an upgrade to health means you can now take an extra punch from something, but a Rex could suddenly take +30 more bites/hits from any wild animals(besides the Giga) in ONE upgrade. That's too much. Way too much.
But the more insane part is this applied to most dinos O_O

1 minute ago, HighFlyer15 said:

The huge upgrades to health and damage were quite insane when you think about it.
In most other games an upgrade to health means you can now take an extra punch from something, but a Rex could suddenly take +30 more bites/hits from any wild animals(besides the Giga) in ONE upgrade. That's too much. Way too much.
But the more insane part is this applied to most dinos O_O

Yeah it's bizarre

Since December the 10th, I restarted on another server with 3 other experienced friends. It was fun and interesting leveling again, doing the beginner grind and working out the most effective and efficient methods of progression.  We got to Mid-tier and I'm going to call it Mid-game Hell. Why because this is the point where you probably have quite a few raptor eggs but not enough to fully tame a mammoth, but you really need the mammoth but you don't have the time till weekend to tame it and you have several other operation to do at the same time. You are also getting a bit frustrated with the long strain of metal runs as you want to ensure everything is not just stone but the first most valuable part is becoming metal. With not much help from bigger tribes(they pitied us taming a low level rex and gave us some scorpion kibble). That this game for 4 peopl was  Hard. We lost a level 16 tame carno at around level 30 to an level 30 alpha raptor. Mistakes happen but alphas have yet again become more powerful. So now back as a big tribe, I feel very bad for those in the mid tier, who may get their first rex and then lose it to an alpha now in this patch.

So to sum it up, this game didnt need to become any harder on those who are not the Alpha tribe. When people who are mid-tier quit and leave because they have lost a lot, sympathies with their frustration because it is still very hard being them.

What needed to happen from my experience was Wild dino's needed a buff by 20%. Why because I shouldn't be able to nom Bronto so easily. I freely admit that.

And Tamed dinos need a 20% nerf. A balance was needed it was getting silly. I love the 200k health bronto we have but yes turrets need to be made more relevant.

The wild giga needed a further 30% nerf and the tamed needed to follow suit. I'm sorry I'm probably betraying alot of massive tribes out there, but they are silly. 

The need for food across the board needed atleast a 25% Nerf. And the whole breeding process could do with a fantastic chop of 30% off its time, food need and incubation. I love the game, i've done a lot of breeding, but you are trolling with 8 hours for a mammoth as a baby. More time doesn't mean skill.

Thats what I would do and I want to throw this question to the Dev's. What is it about the Gigantosaurus that you are protecting so much. I live with 6 of these things, we have to have them for our own protection but would I be sad if they were removed from the game? No honestly I wouldn't. Because in the whole scheme of how everything else works, they don't fit in with their power. Their ability to 1 shot low level tames, (even higher level!) to make low level and mid-tier tribes lives hell who are more busy trying to farm their own base than rocket launchers. What is the grand scheme for the Gigantosaurus other than allowing Alpha tribes who are 'Dictators' to rule easily with an Iron fist.

Archived