[MegaThread] Dino Re-balance Discussion

Jackomo

The official response; http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so6kf8

Please note that dinos will be looked at later on to scale them in different ways.

There's still quite a lot we'd like to do going forward, something we're really interested in is how creatures can become more diverse from one another and scale is much more interesting ways. We want them to become more similar to how they're described in their dossiers and different to what their base-stats are like - so it'll be possible to have creatures that function in completely different ways, as opposed to everything being so uniform. We want differences between our creatures and we’ll be doing this by tackling their scaling, their harvesting, adding more utility/offensive/defensive moves where possible. This is a large project and will take some time, but it is something that is currently being worked on. Part of this will be looked at when we're making our TLC pass on Dinos, where we'll be showing some love to some of our older-friends and bringing them in line with our new ones, possibly a charge attack on the Trike ;).

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my humble opinion  this was  one of the worst balance patch that I  can remember  not only did they make some dinos useless,  the game is now ark grind evolved.  They  had to  go for the the gig,  rex and spino and a small   nerf for the rest. 

I'm  not going to talk about  the gig because everyone knows that you can rekt any tribe with one and some decent players,  with two  you can make some popcorns and go watch a  movie.  Argentavis having out of stamina killing a trike has no price and a pack of  raptors lvl 100 with 300+ hp just make me feel sad. 

If they stay with this update I can only dream that they implement a hydraulic  hammer to farm and a prehistoric mixer for cementing paste and the other stuff that way  we can ignore dinos and go play ark minecraft evolved farming all day. 

P. D gj with the overspawn dinos gotta love the fights  5/6 broncos killing 1 rex. 

Domesticated animals are always fun to have around and useful for many work purposes. However, Domesticated animals are ALWAYS weaker than their wild counterparts (the rare exception may apply here or there). Having a domestic Rex being weaker than a wild Rex actually makes sense to me due to all the years I've spent watching Animal Planet. 

Find a better Argy...

i have a female currently at 191. Found at level 116, and bonus levels got her to 166. Her stats are pretty good, although I wish she had more attack.

her stats...

health 2190

stamina 2900+

oxygen 450 I think

food 6800

weight 500+ (only added one point)

melee attack 250 (only added one point)

speed 160+ (I've put all other points here)

yes, I'm in Xbox.

hope this helps you to know what to expect.

18 hours ago, Brandino said:

Ark should fix the tamed animal damage back to the old damage. I have a 156 Argentavis and it now is very weak

I kinda like it, gives it a challenge.  Sorry, a bird should not be killing a t rex lol.  

I remember my level 60 something raptor, I killed a t-rex, carno, 4-5 sabres, and a few bugs without barely taking any damage at all.  What's the point of having t-rexes on the island if they are not scary?  You SHOULD crap your pants if a t-rex charges you, not say "Hey, no worries my little wolf will bite his ankle till he dies" lol 

One thing that I find this change has accomplished is actually giving dinosaurs purpose.  Dinos are no longer one size fits all.  I will choose my mount based on the goal, not just have my favorite dino I use for everything.  

Archived