[MegaThread] Dino Re-balance Discussion

Jackomo

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So how is everyone liking this new nerf they did to the tamed dinos? My rex just went from about 1500 damage to like 300, my anky had around 2000 and now it has 400, yaaay!! ARK has made my day better with this update *sarcastic voice* :D

I hope this isn't permanent.. 

Is everyone else okay with this, because I'm sure not!  

1 minute ago, butterfly25 said:

mine went down, i am trying to get online, it downloaded, and im trying to get on the server but it says its not updated, and no servers are in the list. i dont know whats up
. but anyway. i hope they dont keep that damage update. hope its a bug or something

Yea, I hope it's a bug too. 

As for the not seeing servers part, it happens to me too sometimes so you should wait a little bit and if you still don't see any servers try to Verify the integrity of game cache. If you don't know how to do that, check here (the post is about something else but that solution fixed my problem with not seeing servers multiple times). 

While our server was updating I read the steamforum...and many many complaints about gather rate

Some stuff like "only 3-6 meat" or "I get with one swing of my pickaxe more mats than my anky with 2000%(before nerf) meele dmg before 

Went then out with my rex, yea..just got like 30-45meat instead of 45-60

Tested my anky on vulcano..still got same amount of metal

Yea it takes all more hits now..but idk..maybe Im just stupid or our server is weird, but I still gath enough mats (just short tests, server isnt long up xD)

But I dislike the small numbers xD

It feels like all points into dmg are kinda wasted..cuz the numbers are so small...feels like movespeed & carry weight is more usefull now lol

So people don't like the nerf. We get that, but can we stop the constant lying to get the point across?

I read about a dude saying the nerf hit him so hard that his 210 Rex can't kill a level 9 Ankylo without almost dying and getting 6 meat out of it. That's not possible unless you got 0 hp and let it hit you again and again.
Another one is telling us how his 210 Rex died to a level 14 Alpha Rex. Now that could actually happen if you don't know how to fight Alphas. The trick is biting while walking backwards and the Alphas won't ever get close enough to damage you(even the Alpha Rex when you're on a Rex yourself).
A third one is saying the leveling now gives you close to nothing. But my low-level Raptors get +250 per level in health and 26% per level in damage. How is this a huge problem? That seems more than reasonable to me.

It is of course because people feel like they've lost tons of levels on now useless stats on their dinos because they were cut so sudden, but I still don't get why they need to make up these extreme lies to make it even worse than it actually is.

Why I personally think this patch is good

1) You can't tank everything and slaughter the entire island for meat on your lone Rex anymore.
2) You'll actually need to bring out a pack if you want to hunt bigger prey.
3) We can start taking the title of the game serious again. Be honest here. Have surviving been a problem since you got your first medium-sized carnivore?
4) PvP is getting a bit more balanced. I've seen too many videos of dinos storming in, tanking all turrets and destroying enormous bases with tons of defenses, but it didn't matter because they all had 90k hp.
5) Dinos can start getting special traits so they're helpful in battle, so it won't just be "Rex, Giga, Argent/Quetz vs base" battles. They always show varied battles in their trailers, but those never happen.
6) With stats cut this much, they can start adjusting each dino individually. I wish for the game to be much more balanced. Brontos being slow, but having tons of hp, the Rex being a great mix between damage and health, but nowhere near the same amount as the Bronto. The raptors being fast killers, able to tear armor off humans as they sprint past. Doedis/Pachys having bonus damage to structures, so they would be sent in to deal with base walls.
With monsters like the Rex and Giga out there it's tough making changes like these, so maybe this is Wildcards plan. Make every dino worse than they are and then slowly build the game up to what they want it to be.

Negative points
PvP is a thing and people will lose lots of dinos due to this patch, which is sad, but a thing which can't not happen when it comes to balancing a game.

Conclusion
I hope they release a thread or newsletter talking about their future plans for ARK, very soon. They need to calm the rage by giving an honest answer to where this game is heading.

I wanted the survival aspect back in the game(it disappears after a certain level) and now I have to. I can't kill everything on my Skylord(2000% dmg Pteronodon) anymore and it's great :) 

DO NOT nerf our tamed dinos. Increase stats of wild ones instead!

If all of this is done just so we should have a harder time surviving in ark, just increase the health and som melee dmg to wild dinos, that would be a sufficent challenge! DO NOT nerf the ones we have tamed and made stronger! And specifically DO NOT nerf the gathering rescources with dinos!

Archived