Scorched Alpha Tribes destroying ARK Community

X3BelleX3

Currently Scorched servers are a safe haven creating untouchable Alpha tribes that are capable of wiping every server that is connected to the server cluster. 

This has been discussed on many forums, Reddit posts, and social media platforms. The devs have turned a blind eye to this game breaking mechanic. 

The transferring of unlimited dinosaurs and items from Scorched to Island/Center has caused the wipe of many tribes within hours of transferring to the server. These tribes that are being wiped have spent thousands of hours building up on their Island/Center servers. There is no way to predict or retaliate these attacks. This has already began to destroy the ARK Community and has made many official servers desolate.  

Let's not let them ignore this issue any longer. Let's be so loud that they are forced to address this game breaking issue. Please help our voices be heard. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree in many ways with you and simply say maybe that a good compromise is to maybe bring one of each as an upload per survivor that way they can bring back dinos that you cannot get on another map and allow for item uploads.  That way they cannot bring say 40 rock golems over for zerg raiding etc.  Just a suggestion but generally ya I think it does need to be addressed or smoothed out in function a lot.

i was thinking about this the other day and thought. what if the devs implemented an environmental transition period of per say a week on dinos transferred from scorch that gives them some drastically reduced stats forcing people that transfer them to hold and defend them during that period before they can fully utilize them

For real. I was the alpha of 520 on xbox and everything was so chill.

..Then instantly a metal base with 7 wyverns is built at volcano.

They brought even more wyverns. And more. And everyone who was on 520 is currently wiped. The people who transferred all those tames are the new alpha and only tribe.

Hey,

I totally agree. This' also why I quit official primitive. It doesn't make sense to continue... Rock Elementals can tank and destroy your plants one after another. Wyverns can hit all your high-level and bred dinos through walls.

And even worst, wyverns are as easy to imprint and mature as rexes when gigas and quetzals take at least twice the amount of time. Not to mention, if you wanna retaliate, you can't 'cause you cannot transfer anythin' from the Island to Scorched Earth. GG!

- Angel

• Volunteer Moderator

I gotta agree with this issue. To be honest it doesn't affect me as I don't play on servers, but I must admit i've been seeing this issue being discussed too many times everywhere i go, and the problem seems to be getting worse.

I hope that something is done before it's too late. The original idea was great, but now it's had time to be tried and tested there are many flaws that need to be fixed.

7 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

I gotta agree with this issue. To be honest it doesn't affect me as I don't play on servers, but I must admit i've been seeing this issue being discussed too many times everywhere i go, and the problem seems to be getting worse.

I hope that something is done before it's too late. The original idea was great, but now it's had time to be tried and tested there are many flaws that need to be fixed.

It wont be fixed...

And that's a fact the whole SE was rushed tbh...

They need cash after they got pounded in court..

And ever since then they have floundered from 1 thing to another.

Go look at the fact you cant kibble tame certain animals because the eggs don't get produced there...

How is that smart in any way?

Its not and like you said the fact is if you lock down a SE server your good as gold....

You cant be touched period.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

They need cash after they got pounded in court..

That's just an assumption based on past news. Unless you're their CFO or CPA you literally have no idea on how well off or strapped for cash Wildcard is.

6 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

Go look at the fact you cant kibble tame certain animals because the eggs don't get produced there...

The lack of a more developed kibble tree is their rather hamfisted way on pushing for survivors to favor scorched creatures over the ones that can be found on all three maps though.

i do agree that 1 way of transferring resources and dinos is dangerous for ark bcz this will eventually lead to 1 outcome and that is the end of Center map alphas and island map alphas. 

at the moment a rational player would only decide to play on center map or island map bcz

• of kibble availability ,
  • bcz he doesn't have to buy SE
  • and finally bcz he likes the map design.

In order to make things more interesting i suggest the following:

when WC cross server transfers make it so that each type of map specializes in one kind of resource, and that way you will have cross server trade system

for example :

• Center map has more metal then any other
  • SE has easy pearls
  • island map has Kibble that can sell to SE

just an idea that would force people to trade with each other to get bigger amount of everything 

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

That's just an assumption based on past news. Unless you're their CFO or CPA you literally have no idea on how well off or strapped for cash Wildcard is.

The lack of a more developed kibble tree is their rather hamfisted way on pushing for survivors to favor scorched creatures over the ones that can be found on all three maps though.

Not really on the first point,because of what they did,the industry will be for ever in memory of what they did.

And the 2nd point is clearly a pay to win,that never goes down well with customers as well as future ones either..

Because they will be at a disadvantage,from the get go because as its been stated you cant transfer anything to Se servers which gives them a clear advantage..

How long do you think its going to be before players get really pissed at this type of function?

We are seeing it now.

And its only going to get bigger,the bad things is if players cant tp to SE servers they will just give up because the SE tribes have a clear advantage over players who don't own SE...

52 minutes ago, Imperium said:

i do agree that 1 way of transferring resources and dinos is dangerous for ark bcz this will eventually lead to 1 outcome and that is the end of Center map alphas and island map alphas. 

at the moment a rational player would only decide to play on center map or island map bcz

• of kibble availability ,
  • bcz he doesn't have to buy SE
  • and finally bcz he likes the map design.

In order to make things more interesting i suggest the following:

when WC cross server transfers make it so that each type of map specializes in one kind of resource, and that way you will have cross server trade system

for example :

• Center map has more metal then any other
  • SE has easy pearls
  • island map has Kibble that can sell to SE

just an idea that would force people to trade with each other to get bigger amount of everything 

Nope a good player would get on a SE server and build up there because there is zero way a decent alpha can lose on that map..

And like i said if your decent...

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

Not really on the first point,because of what they did,the industry will be for ever in memory of what they did.

Memory of what they did (pay for a lawsuit) does not immediately equate to being strapped for cash. Let's put it this way, If I had $1000 in my wallet and someone asked me for a quarter, and I gave them that quarter, does that make me strapped for cash? That's why I said unless you have access to their financials all it is is a baseless assumption based on a past

7 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

And the 2nd point is clearly a pay to win,that never goes down well with customers as well as future ones either..

It seems we have some disconnect here. When I said they were pushing for favoring scorched critters over universal ones, I was referring to them in the scorched earth map. How can it be pay to win against others on the same map that you're playing? Moreover, are you saying that in going to scorched, if you tame universal dinos you're paying to lose? After all, the lack of a completed kibble tree for the universal dinos on the Scorched earth maps means that they are at a handicap when compared to ones found on the Center and the Island.

2 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

For a start drop spawns should not allow people to transfer anything at all over to a island or center server. Second if you upload your items and dinos to the red ob then you should only be able to download them from a red ob on another server. This will balance alot of things out. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TangoOsmo said:

But transfering dinos / bombs is a one way trip! You have to play a lot and you get to bring nothing back. Also item trasfer is broken atm. so they can't bring massvie amounts of items.

If we would have nice ORP this wouldn't be a problem and we could have transfer to both directions.

Even without the ability to bring anything back, a Scorcher still comes out with a positive gain. Once the dust is settled and the combat is over, all a Scorcher needs to do is re-tame the dinos they lost, maybe even restock on the ammunition for equipment used. For a Native, they have to re-tame lost dinos, resupply expended ammunition, and more importantly, repair the damages done to their bases. That last bit is the big thing that tips it horribly. The lack of a fear for reprisal is ultimately what makes Scorchers bolder.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

Even without the ability to bring anything back, a Scorcher still comes out with a positive gain. Once the dust is settled and the combat is over, all a Scorcher needs to do is re-tame the dinos they lost, maybe even restock on the ammunition for equipment used. For a Native, they have to re-tame lost dinos, resupply expended ammunition, and more importantly, repair the damages done to their bases. That last bit is the big thing that tips it horribly. The lack of a fear for reprisal is ultimately what makes Scorchers bolder.

I just don't get it. Why would anyone see all that work? Ofc scorhched earth has advantage in that sense if you're ready to spend 100 hours to breed 4 wyverns and send them to die.

12 minutes ago, TangoOsmo said:

But transfering dinos / bombs is a one way trip! You have to play a lot and you get to bring nothing back. Also item trasfer is broken atm. so they can't bring massvie amounts of items.

If we would have nice ORP this wouldn't be a problem and we could have transfer to both directions.

So basically you get to have fun destroying bases without even the slightest risk of revenge. 

One side gets to CHOOSE the maximum of stuff they can lose and other does not. And the choice comes from paying for DLC. Seems fair.

This is an interesting problem.  I hadn't even thought about how you'd deal with golems on primitive.  Catapults do fairly minimal damage to them.  Gigas I guess might be reasonably effective as they do 10x more damage than they should anyway.

I think the problem with scorched (which is a problem that seems to trip up WC quite a lot) is that they didn't fully anticipate how much people would exploit the mechanics purely for harvesting tears.  I'd imagine their vision is that you would live on the Island/Centre on go to scorched for expeditions to get gear and different tames.  They probably thought that the power and water management would ensure that people stayed largely off SE.  How wrong they were (and to be honest, I completely overlooked it as well).

They probably need to make it more inhospitable.  Perhaps if you couldn't build metal bases it might help balance it out a bit?

Because they can do so without fear.  They can relax, have an open base with very many eggs going, and hatch them in peace.  It is on the Scorched tribes timeline and schedule when they go back to do more damage.  The defending tribe has to pray it is when they have at least a few members online, and they are prepared to defend.  Nothing the island tribe can do to stop this.

Take for instance today.  An alpha tribe from scorched attacked my prim server with 2 wyverns.  They only brought them over to grief, kill left out dinos.  eat water pipes, and damage whatever they could.  They picked my tribe member off of our giga while on a meat run and tried to kill  the giga.  After they were done, they parked the wyverns and said "See ya tomorrow"  We killed one but could not find the other.  I know they will be bringing more.  but we can not stop this.

Archived