So how hard are the bosses really?

lovelyg4m3r

So, as a little back ground, I am on a cluster server that uses quest lines to make the community progress to different islands. Now, to get to Scorched Earth naked with no dinos, we have to defeat the brood mother as a community. Then from there we have to do the Megapithecus and Dragon (maybe, unless they prove to be way too ridiculous then we may come up with other ideas.) 

People on the server are getting ancy to unlock SE so to start we need to take out the Broodmother. We have some really nice high level bred bears (for the mobs) and probably 150 rockets and a bunch of launchers just within our tribe. 

I have done the first two arenas before on another server. However! We did this pre-wipe on a server that had been running for damn near a year I think? So we had tons of really high end animals  and gear to go in with and no one was afraid about losing poop because we were about to wipe. However this time, no wiping anytime in the foreseeable future.

1) What do we need to take out the brood mother?

2) What do we need to take out the Megapithecus? (No ridden dinos thanks to that overhead swing that kills you in one smack haha.)

3) How hard is that Dragon? Has anyone here defeated it legit? No exploits, regular level dinos, not that level 2000 stuff :P

19 minutes ago, iHEARTyou said:

Thanksgiving event coming up.... Just spawn in a Dodorex and kill all 3 bosses. Chomp chomp chomp dead boss.

Or you can do it the hard way.... easy? No, but it's possible as some people have already done it on official.

Well we've done it. Just wondering how much firepower is REALLY required. Also; I don't think you can bring anything into the arena to summon the dodorex. and we aren't gonna do it the cheap way :P Admin wouldn't unlock SE for us if we just summoned a dodorex I think hhahaha.

1 minute ago, lovelyg4m3r said:

Well we've done it. Just wondering how much firepower is REALLY required. Also; I don't think you can bring anything into the arena to summon the dodorex. and we aren't gonna do it the cheap way :P Admin wouldn't unlock SE for us if we just summoned a dodorex I think hhahaha.

You can summon dodorex in arena, but yeah.. have fun and gluck.

14 minutes ago, lovelyg4m3r said:

I was pretty sure they blocked any kind of building in there. And to summon the dodorex you need a cooking pot. And paracers with platforms are no longer allowed in so you can't do it on there.

RIP.... then i guess you're left with a challenge... either way, sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of lost gears. ha

A tribe member is breeding tons of turtles to take to the boss arena. Don't ask, I'm just coming along for the disaster. I also read someone on here beat the ape boss with 2 guys on a gallimimus shooting rockets. Others have beat it by running up on the cliff and crossbowing.

I'm a little confused you stated you already have done it twice before a wipe, so technically you already know what takes to kill it, about the same with the others except dragon.  For the dragon best wait to melee attack it when landed and rotate to kill its ptera mobs.  Unless you killed it before they had changed things up like the Paracer platforms etc.

If I had to do it with todays tools I would say Rex high end, rockets, flame arrows, and keep moving at all times with two people in the back shooting rockets etc.  Its a challenge, I've not done the SE one yet, the first two I did long time ago before they had arenas

6 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

I'm a little confused you stated you already have done it twice before a wipe, so technically you already know what takes to kill it, about the same with the others except dragon.  For the dragon best wait to melee attack it when landed and rotate to kill its ptera mobs.  Unless you killed it before they had changed things up like the Paracer platforms etc.

If I had to do it with todays tools I would say Rex high end, rockets, flame arrows, and keep moving at all times with two people in the back shooting rockets etc.  Its a challenge, I've not done the SE one yet, the first two I did long time ago before they had arenas

What I am saying is, we had like dozens of rexes that were birthed at like 220+, we had loads of people in gear that took them yknow, a year of farming and poop. We DONT have that now, but don't want to go in if we aren't prepped enough. So what does it actually take, because we went overkill.

The brood mother fight is pretty straight forward, unless in the unfortunate case you don't get a low level one can prove to be challenging to kill in the time limit. Best case is to tame some decent rex's and bring her down Rockets and nades for anyone not Mounted it's an easy fight in comparison to the others.

Dragon this fight is incredibly hard but tapejara are the saving grace 5k+ Hp and around 300% move speed stay @ its tail and rocket it down. Otherwise try fire wyverns and the above stratery get to its tail quick and bring it down. Tape is the best method imo

Megapthicus you probably don't want to hear this but breed some srs battle rex's i have a 10.3k 340% gene atm get something similiar and imprint them the melee will have over 400% just base then pump all HP to near 50K get 10 if you can and try and bring that thing down Use enduro stews with mateboost have people on the ground using Focal and Rockets. I've never seen anyone win these 2 fights on Official i'm attempting to do them on Official myself and there my intended stratergies.

With everyfight Use Enduro stews and Focal on your tames for MS and Melee/Regen.

Freebie (Manticore) Use Rex's like the Megaphicus and lock it down with your goofy ass rex bodies aswell as homings if it does get airborn bring Stims 500 each rex. attempting to use wyverns can be disastrous as they get knocked out pretty damn quick during the fight.

38 minutes ago, Morloa said:

The brood mother fight is pretty straight forward, unless in the unfortunate case you don't get a low level one can prove to be challenging to kill in the time limit. Best case is to tame some decent rex's and bring her down Rockets and nades for anyone not Mounted it's an easy fight in comparison to the others.

Dragon this fight is incredibly hard but tapejara are the saving grace 5k+ Hp and around 300% move speed stay @ its tail and rocket it down. Otherwise try fire wyverns and the above stratery get to its tail quick and bring it down. Tape is the best method imo

Megapthicus you probably don't want to hear this but breed some srs battle rex's i have a 10.3k 340% gene atm get something similiar and imprint them the melee will have over 400% just base then pump all HP to near 50K get 10 if you can and try and bring that thing down Use enduro stews with mateboost have people on the ground using Focal and Rockets. I've never seen anyone win these 2 fights on Official i'm attempting to do them on Official myself and there my intended stratergies.

With everyfight Use Enduro stews and Focal on your tames for MS and Melee/Regen.

Freebie (Manticore) Use Rex's like the Megaphicus and lock it down with your goofy ass rex bodies aswell as homings if it does get airborn bring Stims 500 each rex. attempting to use wyverns can be disastrous as they get knocked out pretty damn quick during the fight.

Yeah, we are aware of just how obnoxious the Megapithecus is. That attack of his one shots you RIGHT off your mount! We're working on breeding rexes now :3 Won't be too long since were on an unofficial with slightly boosted rates. Man I don't think I would have wanted to do these back in my Official days though haha

42 minutes ago, Penfold0110 said:

As a tribe of 4 we killed the broodmother for the first at the weekend. 
We run an unofficial 2x gather rate server. no changes to damage or defence rates.
You can read about my adventures in the post -  "Small Tribe Taking on the Broodmother"

Hope that helps.

P.

This is really helpful! Thank you! <3

I haven't taken on the Manticore yet, but I've beaten all three bosses on my server (It's got some boosted stats, but nothing too crazy).

For Broodmother and Megapithecus, I brought four Rexes and four high-level, imprinted Turtles. For Megapithecus, I also brought a couple of 220+ Trikes to help deal with the monkeys, since their knockback is really good, but you can probably just use more Rexes or Turtles. Get your best Assault Rifles and Pump Shotguns, load up on tonnes of ammo, and just fire at the bosses until they go down. Three of my friends and I did each on our first try, though the Megapithecus almost wiped us (we lost two of our Rexes, one Trike, and three of the Turtles). Stay away from the bosses as much as possible (let them aggro on your turtles), and just keep pumping bullets into them. I wouldn't use explosives except as a panic button if your dinos start dying a lot, in which case they'll probably be necessary to deal with adds.

For Dragon, we basically used the same method, but with an entirely Rex squad. Again, we beat it on our first try, but lost almost all of our Rexes (two survived, a third almost made it but died to fire DoT at the last second). Medical brews, enduro stews, and focal chili (mostly for avoiding adds) are a must, and custom consumables are very helpful as well Honestly, a shield and sword for adds probably isn't an awful idea; one of my tribe members tried it and seemed to have some success, though obviously he wasn't doing DPS to the dragon. I had an extra friend for this fight, though, so it worked out.

tl;dr: get a LOT of assault rifle ammo (like on the order of a few thousand split among your tribe), really good armor, and some really good tanking dinos. That's pretty much the recipe for success, though it's far from a guarantee. I haven't tried using flame arrows, but those might be worth looking into as well

Archived