Is it possible to edit a procedural map in the Dev Kit?

I generated a map that I really like, and I would love to be able to further tweak the details in the ark dev kit as though I were creating one from scratch. However, I have no dev kit experience yet. Is it possible to import the .ark file, edit the terrain, add more biomes, etc, and then save it like a map that could be uploaded to the workshop?

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2016 at 5:41 PM, Safari said:

I generated a map that I really like, and I would love to be able to further tweak the details in the ark dev kit as though I were creating one from scratch. However, I have no dev kit experience yet. Is it possible to import the .ark file, edit the terrain, add more biomes, etc, and then save it like a map that could be uploaded to the workshop?

i was wondering the same question.  its kinda sad that not a single reply in a MONTH.  Why did SW even bother making this forum.

13 minutes ago, AshleyLee said:

i was wondering the same question.  its kinda sad that not a single reply in a MONTH.  Why did SW even bother making this forum.

Keep in mind that SW are busy developing a game, it's a little time consuming yano? If a thread is posted and no one bothers to reply to it, then said thread usually gets buried under hundreds if not thousands of other threads, that's the same deal you'll get on any other forum.

3 hours ago, Tai said:

Keep in mind that SW are busy developing a game, it's a little time consuming yano? If a thread is posted and no one bothers to reply to it, then said thread usually gets buried under hundreds if not thousands of other threads, that's the same deal you'll get on any other forum.

Except this is only on the 2nd page of this forum section. Not hundreds or thousands of threads.

9 hours ago, Tai said:

Yeah..... no. Wildcard is a lazy, self centered, outsourcing company. I've gotten my hopes up too many times for a better mod community. Why hire a guy to help, (Cedrick, aka complexminded <--- lol), yet is never there to, and spends more time making his own mod than anything, and only a fraction of people use it. It's a sham folks. The guy that made "the center" is an former co-worker of Jermey "man behind the curtains" Stieglitz. Amazing how Ben (aka evilmrfrank) won that 10k map mod contest. Then you find out out if you go on Speedtrees website, that a good chunk of assets were purchased. I have no faith in people like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived