Spiked walls dealing damage to wild dinos now on pve?

ElCobrito

33 minutes ago, ElCobrito said:

I just logged in to find a spino die on my wooden spiked walls, is that working as intended? Until yesterday wild dinos did not get damage...

If dinos attack the spike walls, they take damage. I was playing on Official and using Spike Walls to kill Trikes, but it only hurts them when they attack, not when they are standing next/on them.

18 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Yeah, I've tried to make kill jumps in places where I'd lead dinosaurs to a Spike Wall pit to kill them, but they don't get killed by them and just float there until they attack (which causes the damage).

Thanks, I didn't know it. I tought they just wouldn't do damage at all.

On the private PVE server I play on, all they have to do is get too close. This was only part of my adventure with my spiky Mallard last night:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/143382180811361751/14C9EEB3DB69A1604B0950E09F1762A4CEAF8C53/

All because one Dimorph flew too close and got jabbed. In the end, the spikes killed about 15 Dimorphs. I also have spikes guarding a small gap against the cliffs on one end of my base and I get "Your tribe killed a..." notifications quite often. Usually Dilos, Raptors, sometimes bigger stuff like Parasaurs. Occasionally a Trike. Due to the location, not many bigger dinos come over that way, fortunately. (I can't handle another Giga anytime soon...)

I think my spikes kill far more dinos than I do. :D

This wasn't always the case, though. On my old server (which from what I can see, had the same relevant settings) the spikes only worked on dinos that were aggro'd.

Archived