Ex alphas keep coming back

MayonnaisePlease

On 11/13/2016 at 8:17 PM, Malla said:

To all those being ignorant enough to say, well you're just obviously not alpha and "you weren't prepared" or "don't know how to fight". This in very short sighted and not in fact what is happening at all. We are very prepared on our server, in fact it has been infuriating since that's all that we have been doing and the game has become very monotanous and not fun at all. The issue is,for instance in my server, that Vdd has 4 other Asian alpha tribes working for them on scorched servers and they build up for like a month and out of tinge blue in 20 minutes these guys have transferred enough to build a ridiculously well defended base on an iceberg, 100 turrets with enough ammo to fill them all. Now if that was it, fine. But it's not, they have 30 people constantly transferring between when needed. So if this isn't overkill tell me, we banded the server together, took a tamed titanosaur, 9 Rock golems, 40 suicide pteras, some brontos/gigas quetzals and stormed the base (unfortunately the titanosaur hitbox glitched and didn't dmg anything but still soaked a lot of bullets) and that still wasn't enough. I'll tell you why, because they don't actually have to leave he base, they don't need to go farm resources even though we have FULL map control, and they have player cycles which means at least 10 of them are on at all times plus the others in the scorched servers they are transferring from. So while we attack, they just bring in replacement gates, walls, turrets, bullets, explosives and dinos from the safety of their scorched servers. That is not fair because we can't stop that, think of it as a well built fortress with unlimited supplies, it's bullpoop. The standard strategy to beat people who are dug in is usually cut their supply trains, starve em out and outlast em. But we can't because it's like they have a constant vault of untouchable goodies that they can just transfer into their inventories now..

I'm all for good/tough fights. But I know bullpoop when I see it, and it's just not fun. So I'm just gonna focus scorched because at least u can't have a super power sprout out within the hour until they fix/balance or limit what u can transfer. A simple fix would be no bullets or explosives and even then also limit the amount u can transfer per day. But even then, they would just hide and stock up till rdy

Your best bet is to just not play with these people. Like seriously. If the server is infested that badly and they are employing strategies that you cannot beat, then you are literally overworking yourself on this game, not playing. If you are not having fun, stop. Find a nice dedicated, play local, just don't let yourself get sucked into this unfun garbage that you are trying to defend yourself against. Nobody can really just hop onto that server and permanently wipe out these people anyway.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rekkm said:

You think you can come to our servers and grief us?. The point is that we didn't come and attack your server 1st, someone from your server in an alpha tribe came and initiated the attack. That was 1 year and 1 month ago that he came to our server and stole our 2 fertilizer from one of our x-plant crop plots.

You will pay for that 2 fertilizer by fighting us for Official Server 130 may the best pvpers win. 

#7am50Stronk 

Do you guys have any tribes on Xbox?  I admire your playstyle.  Best of luck in defeating the poop thieves.  :)  Sounds like you won't need the luck though.  Congratulations on your continued success in the game of Ark.

14 hours ago, rekkm said:

You think you can come to our servers and grief us?. The point is that we didn't come and attack your server 1st, someone from your server in an alpha tribe came and initiated the attack. That was 1 year and 1 month ago that he came to our server and stole our 2 fertilizer from one of our x-plant crop plots.

You will pay for that 2 fertilizer by fighting us for Official Server 130 may the best pvpers win. 

#7am50Stronk 

Sounds like they picked the wrong tribe to ally with, guess they are all going to pay for Braum's mistake.

#neverforget

14 hours ago, rekkm said:

#7am50Stronk 

OMG!!! Its going down!! xD

@Jack Carter from your comment I don't think you know the extent of the issue. Yes, you have stated the simple counters to the situations, all of which is very easy v offline or Inexperienced opponents. FYI all obs and drops are blocked already, but they are no longer blockable from the last update and they can transfer things straight into their inventory too. As for he Titan, it was to soak bullets and dmg the metal.. They have no giga or Rex so again what you suggest is irrelevant. They have built high up on an iceberg so getting dinos into it is difficult a task as it is as for getting turtles there, there is always roughly 10 ppl defending which would shoot the rider b4 soaking anything substantial. You forget we are on the assault so this is all within range of their turrets and u can't just use pteras, as someone said before, if there is a cluster of fire and they hit u once or twice ur dead. We can kill wyverns and all the rest as much as we want, or even manage to wipe the base, they can still just come back in a week with a new base and the same poop again.

@Ep1cM0nk3y as much as I agree with you there and we are still going, what I disagree with is just being able to strike their server effectively. We have found where hey reside, the issue now is we can't just erect a fortified base in 20 mins like they can and bring over Tames to start hammering them. We have to start from literal scratch and they know that. That's the part that is unfair, if we could transfer over there to also defend ourselves then completely fair enough.

@rekkm oh damn fair enough, I never knew that story, taking fert is the ultimate insult. I apologise, I now at least know what drives you. If only I had known this when I first joined this server 8 and a half months ago :(

4 hours ago, Malla said:

We have found where hey reside, the issue now is we can't just erect a fortified base in 20 mins like they can and bring over Tames to start hammering them. We have to start from literal scratch and they know that.

I guess that falls into the 'being prepared' category then, no?

If you'd [your alliance] had gone on a SE server on day one like the tribe invading your server did then you'd have stuff prepared, right?

30 minutes ago, trbaron said:

I guess that falls into the 'being prepared' category then, no?

If you'd [your alliance] had gone on a SE server on day one like the tribe invading your server did then you'd have stuff prepared, right?

No mate you have misunderstood. we do have a scorched server we are well built on.. What I am saying is we can't transfer to 'THEIR' scorched server and fight them because it is a one way street, they can transfer to our island map but we can't transfer to scorched, even from our scorched server. If you think that falls into the category underpreparation, then in order to be on top of what u ask we'd have to have an alpha sized base on every  scorched server to have a presence, and my apologies, the 10 of us don't have the time nor the ability to have a presence on that many servers and nor do they or anyone else. Bringing me back to my point of that amount of effort should be unnecessary, It would be fairer to either not have transfers or be transfer both ways. Because at the moment they can transfer from a server they can't be properly attacked on because that server accepts no transfers from elsewhere.

58 minutes ago, Malla said:

No mate you have misunderstood. we do have a scorched server we are well built on.. What I am saying is we can't transfer to 'THEIR' scorched server and fight them because it is a one way street, they can transfer to our island map but we can't transfer to scorched, even from our scorched server. If you think that falls into the category underpreparation, then in order to be on top of what u ask we'd have to have an alpha sized base on every  scorched server to have a presence, and my apologies, the 10 of us don't have the time nor the ability to have a presence on that many servers and nor do they or anyone else. Bringing me back to my point of that amount of effort should be unnecessary, It would be fairer to either not have transfers or be transfer both ways. Because at the moment they can transfer from a server they can't be properly attacked on because that server accepts no transfers from elsewhere.

then go to their home server, and wipe them. best counter to invading parties, is to go on the offensive on their home server. we have had many come to our server wanting to take over. we only used 2 people on pteras to hold of 15+ people, while we went to their home server and completly wiped them.

and you can still block drops. drops just go inside the building u build ont heir spot now. so if u have a turret box on every drop location, they cant get to the drop.  and using a titan to soak turrets is jsut wastefull, a titan saddle ahs 1 armor, so basically naked, they wont soak allot of turrets, 2 bred turtles will soak more then a titan will.

you say they are build on a iceberg. that is 1 weakness for them right there. surroudn them with encased turret rafts,  and nothing they can do.  you just need to know how to fight, if you cut of their supply line and surround them, after a while they will run out of resources. and if you block the obs and drops they cant transfer off the server to get mroe supplies.

also if your ptera dies in 1 or 2 flame breaths, you msut have rly rly crappy pteras.

and you say you have problems getting dinos to their base, you have 0 quetzals? cuz you can pretty much air drop most dinos on their base to soak all the turrets

We are doing those things mate, please don't comment on what you are not witnessing. The ice berg they are on are also out of effective range of turrets from boats so they are unaffected anyway, not to mention boats are ridiculously easy to destroy with other prodder boats. And as I have said already, we can go on the offensive on their home server, but it is on SCORCHED we can't transfer anything there, so in order to do an effective assault that would take a fair amount of time, which don't have since we are busy defending. We would need at least ua week on there to mount something as huge. THAT is the point I'm getting at, stop trying to divert the issues to fighting styles because before this things have been successfully held without incident for 2 years fighting other tribes and greifers. Waste or not a Titan can do huge dmg to metal which is why it was only 1 of the like 20 dinos there and we have enough resources not to mind, please stop making assumptions. The point I keep trying to make is that it is unfair to mount a defence on an island server from people in a well prepared scorched server. Because u can only transfer TO the island and not the other way around. You also can't transfer scorched to scorched so also no help there.

also did I forget to mention... They can still get supplies even if they were surrounded coz they can transfer poop into their INVENTORY, they don't need to leave the base, if they transfer their character from scorched and spawn on the island they inventory can remain.

if you block all the drops, transfer is a 1 way trip, with obs and drops blocked, they cant get back off the server for mroe supplies. and the rafts arround the island is for when they transfer over lvl 1 chars with new supplies so they cant secretly swim to they iceberg. and i wasnt saying attack them on scorched, attack their island or center server. we do similar things all the time, and befor you know it they back off, because then they find out they can be hit aswell

32 minutes ago, Malla said:

We are doing those things mate, please don't comment on what you are not witnessing. The ice berg they are on are also out of effective range of turrets from boats so they are unaffected anyway, not to mention boats are ridiculously easy to destroy with other prodder boats. And as I have said already, we can go on the offensive on their home server, but it is on SCORCHED we can't transfer anything there, so in order to do an effective assault that would take a fair amount of time, which don't have since we are busy defending. We would need at least ua week on there to mount something as huge. THAT is the point I'm getting at, stop trying to divert the issues to fighting styles because before this things have been successfully held without incident for 2 years fighting other tribes and greifers. Waste or not a Titan can do huge dmg to metal which is why it was only 1 of the like 20 dinos there and we have enough resources not to mind, please stop making assumptions. The point I keep trying to make is that it is unfair to mount a defence on an island server from people in a well prepared scorched server. Because u can only transfer TO the island and not the other way around. You also can't transfer scorched to scorched so also no help there.

also did I forget to mention... They can still get supplies even if they were surrounded coz they can transfer poop into their INVENTORY, they don't need to leave the base, if they transfer their character from scorched and spawn on the island they inventory can remain.

So the second we are on an even playing field you have to start crying. If you cant defend your home server you don't deserve to have it. I think you guys shouldn't be playing on PvP server if u can't handle PvP.

Looks to me like Wildcard have implemented a system to balance out the "Alpha Tribe" issue on official servers. Actually giving people who are coming onto a server a chance to build up and put up a decent fight against Alpha tribes for some real PvP action the game needs, not this constant pve poop on pvp servers. 

We own 20 Official Servers and one of ours was recently invaded, they built up in a night and offline raided all our bases except our main one. We all jumped on and fought them for about 5 days and eventually wiped them off our server. You either win or you lose its a PvP server for a reason if you don't like it go play PvE.

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

So one tribe can be wiped and left with nothing, and other can select their maximum loses, because they transfer dinos and items they are prepared to lose. Am I the only one who sees that this is the problem here?

Exactly my point mate, at least you see what I'm getting at.

as for rekkm, it isn't even, I am happy to play good old pvp, but your playing with the advantage in your favour. You wouldn't hear me say a word if I could do the same to your server. I like pvp which is why I picked a pvp server, what I did not elect was to have cross server battles where I happen to not be able to transfer equally to the enemy's server.

3 hours ago, rekkm said:

So the second we are on an even playing field you have to start crying. If you cant defend your home server you don't deserve to have it. I think you guys shouldn't be playing on PvP server if u can't handle PvP.

Looks to me like Wildcard have implemented a system to balance out the "Alpha Tribe" issue on official servers. Actually giving people who are coming onto a server a chance to build up and put up a decent fight against Alpha tribes for some real PvP action the game needs, not this constant pve poop on pvp servers. 

We own 20 Official Servers and one of ours was recently invaded, they built up in a night and offline raided all our bases except our main one. We all jumped on and fought them for about 5 days and eventually wiped them off our server. You either win or you lose its a PvP server for a reason if you don't like it go play PvE.

No. Wildcard did not implement a system to balance out the "Alpha Tribe". They implemented a system to allow griefers to grief. This SE transfer to The Island/Center is a load of crap and should be stopped immediately.They have not created an even playing field for no one.If you want to be Alpha on YOUR server then you should build on YOUR server and take it over. Not allow griefers to build up on another server just to be able to transport to another server and grief the people that have been building on that server. It is the most asinine thing I have ever seen on any game. Wildcard should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen. 

21 minutes ago, JaHakk said:

No. Wildcard did not implement a system to balance out the "Alpha Tribe". They implemented a system to allow griefers to grief. This SE transfer to The Island/Center is a load of crap and should be stopped immediately.They have not created an even playing field for no one.If you want to be Alpha on YOUR server then you should build on YOUR server and take it over. Not allow griefers to build up on another server just to be able to transport to another server and grief the people that have been building on that server. It is the most asinine thing I have ever seen on any game. Wildcard should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen. 

So because you don't like it and think it's dumb, WC should be ashamed? They obviously want pvp to extend far beyond one server. There are kinks but that's to be expected with a game still being developed. I'm sure a better system will be worked out. In the mean time,  it is pvp, you should always expect threats. And most things that benefit griefers can work in reverse, it's all a matter of perspective.

2 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

So because you don't like it and think it's dumb, WC should be ashamed? They obviously want pvp to extend far beyond one server. There are kinks but that's to be expected with a game still being developed. I'm sure a better system will be worked out. In the mean time,  it is pvp, you should always expect threats. And most things that benefit griefers can work in reverse, it's all a matter of perspective.

The way you defend this very unfair option of this game I can only assume you are one of the griefers that build up on SE and raid The Island/Center maps know there will be no repercussions because you cant be followed back to your home SE server. I don't care if this game is in development or not it is still a very stupid idea. This is no level playing field. You think I am the only one that thinks this is dumb? Hell no. Everyone I know that plays this game feels the same way. They have had plenty of time to see the negative effects of this asinine decision they made.

12 minutes ago, JaHakk said:

The way you defend this very unfair option of this game I can only assume you are one of the griefers that build up on SE and raid The Island/Center maps know there will be no repercussions because you cant be followed back to your home SE server. I don't care if this game is in development or not it is still a very stupid idea. This is no level playing field. You think I am the only one that thinks this is dumb? Hell no. Everyone I know that plays this game feels the same way. They have had plenty of time to see the negative effects of this asinine decision they made.

I don't actually.. but I am on scorched till they fix it.. see what I did there,  instead of complaining I fixed my end so that I can afford to wait for them to fix their end while I keep playing pvp. And I've seen many servers where ppl are actually excited at the prospect of a good fight (seeing as they are on pvp servers and they want to battle it out but no one on their server is big enough or worth the fight). So instead of being oppressive alphas they are egging on the other server intruders and wiping them with zeal whenever they come back.. plus they have branches on scorched servers to create their own influx of wyverns and golems and such.. so you can cry and were part of your concern is valid imo, it's still a pvp server in a game that is still being tweaked and changed, and the obstacle can still be overcome.  Get more ppl, help the smaller tribes out on your server so they can fight with you,  build your tribe and alliances.  If your server is populated with equipped tribes then that makes it all the harder for invaders. 

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I don't actually.. but I am on scorched till they fix it.. see what I did there,  instead of complaining I fixed my end so that I can afford to wait for them to fix their end while I keep playing pvp. And I've seen many servers where ppl are actually excited at the prospect of a good fight (seeing as they are on pvp servers and they want to battle it out but no one on their server is big enough or worth the fight). So instead of being oppressive alphas they are egging on the other server intruders and wiping them with zeal whenever they come back.. plus they have branches on scorched servers to create their own influx of wyverns and golems and such.. so you can cry and were part of your concern is valid imo, it's still a pvp server in a game that is still being tweaked and changed, and the obstacle can still be overcome.  Get more ppl, help the smaller tribes out on your server so they can fight with you,  build your tribe and alliances.  If your server is populated with equipped tribes then that makes it all the harder for invaders. 

A good fight? You mean a one way fight which usually is no fight because of offline raiding by the SE transfers. You, if in fact you are staying on SE until they fix it, is the exception. Because plenty of tribes are not. You claim to fix it on your end by staying on SE. Are you serious? That alone is a bizarre statement. Not only that you don't have to worry about tribes transferring from The Island/Center to raid you because you know why? BECAUSE THEY CAN'T.

11 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

A good fight? You mean a one way fight which usually is no fight because of offline raiding by the SE transfers. You, if in fact you are staying on SE until they fix it, is the exception. Because plenty of tribes are not. You claim to fix it on your end by staying on SE. Are you serious? That alone is a bizarre statement. Not only that you don't have to worry about tribes transferring from The Island/Center to raid you because you know why? BECAUSE THEY CAN'T.

Make no mistake. The only reason Wildcard did this stupid thing where you can bring anything you want from SE to The Island/Center is to increase the sale of this DLC that they implemented while this game is STILL in early access. I have said it numerous times. This is about one of the stupidest things I have seen implemented in a game. To be able to transport to another server and grief tribes on that server just to return to your original SE server with on way to track or retaliate. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired from Wildcard

One solution among others is to build metal buildings (3 x 3) with defensive systems (turrets & plants) on the three obelisk along with all beacons drops found on the map. The actual map showing precise coordinates for each beacon drop on the map can be found there.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Beacon_Locations

This solution implies an insane amount of farming to accomplish but once done, you are impervious to all sorts of Scorched Earth assaults. How so? Because they will be restrained to transfer characters with gear within their inventories and no dinosaurs, thus making very hard for a player on foot to empty turrets and actually unlock access to a single beacon to bring forth golems/wyverns.

However, I wouldn't expect that solution to remain valid for a very long period as it will eventually fall within the banneable offense rules... Once pay-to-win SE customers start crying they can't grief cross-server anymore...

Regards.

1 hour ago, JaHakk said:

You just proved my point, I fixed it by playing on scorched because they can't., so if you do the math... what do you know,  I can't be raided over night by another server and their tames. And I HAVE SEEN INVADERS FROM SE CRUSHED BY LEGITIMATE ALPHAS AND THEIR ALLIANCES ON SEVERAL SERVERS. So if you can't pvp, if you don't have the coverage of time zones (a must in a persistent pvp environment and offlining was happening wayyyyy before SE transfer), and if you can't game plan against new threats then gg no re... have fun losing everything... (I've wiped and been wiped... get used to it cause you can't stay at the top of food chain forever).

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

You just proved my point, I fixed it by playing on scorched because they can't., so if you do the math... what do you know,  I can't be raided over night by another server and their tames. And I HAVE SEEN INVADERS FROM SE CRUSHED BY LEGITIMATE ALPHAS AND THEIR ALLIANCES ON SEVERAL SERVERS. So if you can't pvp, if you don't have the coverage of time zones (a must in a persistent pvp environment and offlining was happening wayyyyy before SE transfer), and if you can't game plan against new threats then gg no re... have fun losing everything... (I've wiped and been wiped... get used to it cause you can't stay at the top of food chain forever).

Dude your argument is about as asinine as this server transfer crap. I don't play on SE so anyone that does can come to my server and grief us. You need a reality check dude. I don't mind the PVP on MY server from people that are on MY server. The ones that come to MY server and grief everyone from SE and then go back with no way to retaliate is stupid. Pure and simple.

14 minutes ago, JaHakk said:

Dude your argument is about as asinine as this server transfer crap. I don't play on SE so anyone that does can come to my server and grief us. You need a reality check dude. I don't mind the PVP on MY server from people that are on MY server. The ones that come to MY server and grief everyone from SE and then go back with no way to retaliate is stupid. Pure and simple.

Have fun losing tames bro.. adapt and survive or die, simple math..

Archived