Ex alphas keep coming back

MayonnaisePlease

7 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

Wow you must play on the "all the way dead" servers

Actually we are the 4th or 5th most populated xbox server. Not all servers have constant power struggles to become the alpha. Some PVP servers are actually relatively peaceful from time to time. I suppose it would have been more accurate for me to say that "taking alpha" isnt ALWAYS a choice.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Anything goes in pvp... you obviously weren't prepared for their outrageous numbers.. it happens, you were beat. I would agree that there should be a cap of how much can be transferred.. alphas do find a way tho,  that's why they are alpha, regardless..

If anything goes in PVP then why not make it where you can track them to their SE servers and transfer everything to SE like they can from SE to The Island/Center? But you can't. You can only transfer anything you want from SE and nothing to SE. This is the most ridicules thing I have ever heard of. They need to nerf this and nerf it quickly. 

51 minutes ago, JaHakk said:

If anything goes in PVP then why not make it where you can track them to their SE servers and transfer everything to SE like they can from SE to The Island/Center? But you can't. You can only transfer anything you want from SE and nothing to SE. This is the most ridicules thing I have ever heard of. They need to nerf this and nerf it quickly. 

That's why the game is still being developed,  they are testing things out. I agree with you,  characters should have profiles and you should be able to track them back to their servers as a way to keep things more honest. A sort of logbook that can be accessed at the ob.. let's not being out the nerf hammer yet, for every server that has been successfully invaded there have been those that have not.. let the devs keep gathering data, balancing tames/items, and the meta to work itself out a bit before jumping the gun.

1 hour ago, Dustrider said:

"taking alpha" isnt really a thing. Sometimes you just end up as the strongest tribe on the server by default. What do you suggest to not become an alpha tribe? Release your tames and play the game less? If you were a smaller/less powerful tribe would this really help you to not be wiped? I think not...

You are missing my point entirely if you want the best and become the best there is a lot involved in holding it. once that target is on your back you need to bust you butt to keep that status or someones going to take it from you. if they are talking about the EX alpha they apparently didn't work hard enough to hold it and who ever became Alpha didn't unify the server enough to keep the ex's at bay. Every time i have wiped an alpha tribe we completely crush them and have the support of the people on the server when we become Alpha. Cage them put them on server wide KOS  or just completely demoralize them so they stop playing on your server.

2 minutes ago, VooDooSamuraiX said:

You are missing my point entirely if you want the best and become the best there is a lot involved in holding it. once that target is on your back you need to bust you butt to keep that status or someones going to take it from you. if they are talking about the EX alpha they apparently didn't work hard enough to hold it and who ever became Alpha didn't unify the server enough to keep the ex's at bay. Every time i have wiped an alpha tribe we completely crush them and have the support of the people on the server when we become Alpha. Cage them put them on server wide KOS  or just completely demoralize them so they stop playing on your server.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

40 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

That's why the game is still being developed,  they are testing things out. I agree with you,  characters should have profiles and you should be able to track them back to their servers as a way to keep things more honest. A sort of logbook that can be accessed at the ob.. let's not being out the nerf hammer yet, for every server that has been successfully invaded there have been those that have not.. let the devs keep gathering data, balancing tames/items, and the meta to work itself out a bit before jumping the gun.

I don't think it is jumping the gun. From its inception it was ridicules. You are going to allow tribes to build offensive weapons and tame dinos on another server and transport those items to another server and grief the players on the server they transported to just to be able to go back to the server they came from with no way to track or defend because they usually do it when your tribe is offline. That is just asinine. Whoever thought and thinks that is a good idea is moronic.You can not transport to SE from The Island/Center with anything but your underwear. But low and behold you can bring anything from SE to The Island/Center. Being developed or not this is a very bad idea. As you said anything goes in PVP unless you want to track the griefers back to SE. Then it is onesided.

1 hour ago, JaHakk said:

I don't think it is jumping the gun. From its inception it was ridicules. You are going to allow tribes to build offensive weapons and tame dinos on another server and transport those items to another server and grief the players on the server they transported to just to be able to go back to the server they came from with no way to track or defend because they usually do it when your tribe is offline. That is just asinine. Whoever thought and thinks that is a good idea is moronic.You can not transport to SE from The Island/Center with anything but your underwear. But low and behold you can bring anything from SE to The Island/Center. Being developed or not this is a very bad idea. As you said anything goes in PVP unless you want to track the griefers back to SE. Then it is onesided.

You are completely missing the point,  plus your agitation towards the subject shows a clear bias.  It's not about good or bad idea,  it is about the idea and how they'll collect data about it and tweak or not tweak.. you've seen invaders win big,  I've seen invaders get promptly stomped (after setting up camp with big base/turrets/golems/wyverns)... the island has its advantages for those who know what they are doing.  It's a free for all, for now you can only plan for the worst. 

Being a part of an alpha tribe and having no wyverns is just biggest issue as far as I see it but that's the whole game that WildCard wants today. People gotta pay money for a DLC that can eventually help a new tribe on any server to get to a good respected position and even aim at alpha from week 1. Enemytribes will bring wyverns do any server to attack, and are doing it right now and they will not stop until you are taken out. If you took alpha position from them, you should be prepared for them to take that position back, and if you can't kill their wyverns you probably haven't prepped your base enough with turrets.

1 hour ago, nipe said:

Being a part of an alpha tribe and having no wyverns is just biggest issue as far as I see it but that's the whole game that WildCard wants today. People gotta pay money for a DLC that can eventually help a new tribe on any server to get to a good respected position and even aim at alpha from week 1. Enemytribes will bring wyverns do any server to attack, and are doing it right now and they will not stop until you are taken out. If you took alpha position from them, you should be prepared for them to take that position back, and if you can't kill their wyverns you probably haven't prepped your base enough with turrets.

Battle Ptera's do wonders as long as the riders are competent.. wyvern clearly outmatched in maneuverability and barrel rolls don't have to worry about saddle armor..

2 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Battle Ptera's do wonders as long as the riders are competent.. wyvern clearly outmatched in maneuverability and barrel rolls don't have to worry about saddle armor..

That is very true. Sadly for most people, there's only like 1% of the ptera riders that knows how to maneuver a Ptera the right way. I don't think threadstarter has what it takes. Atleast that is what it sounds like.

@Ep1cM0nk3y saying be more prepared is dismissive, it is a game not a job, and we have finite hours to play unlike VDD and their large numbers. We have defeated them twice in such circumstances and it's still ineffective because they can just replenish their supplies and do it all over again from their main base on scorched. As for loss, not yet, like I said our prep and resources are vast, but it's been almost over a week of straight fighting now and it still continues, the issue we have is not that we are unprepared but more people are getting tired of fighting round the clock vsing an enemy that doesn't sleep and can't be fully wiped properly. 

Also we aren't even the alpha because or server coexists with 3 huge alpha like tribes of which we are all mates. And we all come together in times like these, trust me, we are enforcing as much strength as possible. not many go to the extreme of taking a Titan 

I can update as the fighting continues if people would like :P also if anyone is keen to join and have a crack helping us defend, by all means

1 hour ago, Malla said:

@Ep1cM0nk3y saying be more prepared is dismissive, it is a game not a job, and we have finite hours to play unlike VDD and their large numbers. We have defeated them twice in such circumstances and it's still ineffective because they can just replenish their supplies and do it all over again from their main base on scorched. As for loss, not yet, like I said our prep and resources are vast, but it's been almost over a week of straight fighting now and it still continues, the issue we have is not that we are unprepared but more people are getting tired of fighting round the clock vsing an enemy that doesn't sleep and can't be fully wiped properly. 

Also we aren't even the alpha because or server coexists with 3 huge alpha like tribes of which we are all mates. And we all come together in times like these, trust me, we are enforcing as much strength as possible. not many go to the extreme of taking a Titan 

I can update as the fighting continues if people would like :P also if anyone is keen to join and have a crack helping us defend, by all means

It may not be totally fair.. but saying be prepared isn't dismissive at all, either you are or you're not, it's a game,  either you play or you don't,  the worst that can happen is you lose data bits that you willing sunk time into a pvp server.. and it's not just resource wise.  Yes, they can't really be touched other than losing tames over and over (there could be some time consuming ways to actually find out their server on scorched), but it's pvp, you're fighting,  it's a battle of wits at this point, enjoy the carnage and best wishes on your homeland defense! 

1 hour ago, Malla said:

You think you can come to our servers and grief us?. The point is that we didn't come and attack your server 1st, someone from your server in an alpha tribe came and initiated the attack. That was 1 year and 1 month ago that he came to our server and stole our 2 fertilizer from one of our x-plant crop plots.

You will pay for that 2 fertilizer by fighting us for Official Server 130 may the best pvpers win. 

#7am50Stronk 

6 hours ago, rekkm said:

You think you can come to our servers and grief us?. The point is that we didn't come and attack your server 1st, someone from your server in an alpha tribe came and initiated the attack. That was 1 year and 1 month ago that he came to our server and stole our 2 fertilizer from one of our x-plant crop plots.

You will pay for that 2 fertilizer by fighting us for Official Server 130 may the best pvpers win. 

#7am50Stronk 

VDD, I remember that name from 351.

from reading this i dont think you know the art of ark warfare, if you want the supply line stopped, block obs and drops. and a titan isnt good for pvp a single giga or 2 rexes will take out a titan, they are useless.  they bring loads of wyverns? kill them with pteras, or use a speed quetz with miniguns, wyverns die in no time. they bring rock golems? distract them with rexes and brontos while you blow them up with rockets. they bring lots of turrets? soak it with turtles.  you can hold off an invading scorched force with basic dinos. even if they outnumber you 5 to 1

On 11/14/2016 at 10:00 AM, Dustrider said:
14 hours ago, nipe said:

That is very true. Sadly for most people, there's only like 1% of the ptera riders that knows how to maneuver a Ptera the right way. I don't think threadstarter has what it takes. Atleast that is what it sounds like.

Yes but a pack of lightning wyverns or a pack of fire wyverns leaves ptera's in a piles if they stay close and cover each other. elemental attacks dont hurt there same type so as your trying to barrel roll me my buddy breaths fire on you which does dmg which ignores armor. tactics and prep. is the best way to go. no one animal is game breaking.

Archived