PC Gamer TEK Tier Reveal!

Jatheish

On 11/11/2016 at 8:28 AM, GamerPerfection said:

No it won't. There are plenty of options for those that may not want any of the Tek Teir stuff.

• Primitive Plus - Very unlikely to get any of this
  • Extinction Servers - Very unlikely to get any of this
  • Single Player - you can do what you want
  • Private Servers - can have Tek Teir disabled

There's plenty of options. The only ones that won't necessarily have a choice are those that will only ever play on official servers, and that in itself is a choice.

So no, it won't kill the game.

It will kill the game.

What about the people the love Ark in the state it's in now? I'm forced into leaving my server and play private losing everything I've ever done because I don't wanna play this Halo/Crysis game? Sick and tired of every game having to turn into some nanosuit double jump laser spamming game. 

If this is implemented into every official then RIP. I'm outy. Supported this since day 1, bought SE even though it was awful. This will just top the line for me and make me quit for good. 

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, pkerjock said:

It will kill the game.

What about the people the love Ark in the state it's in now? I'm forced into leaving my server and play private losing everything I've ever done because I don't wanna play this Halo/Crysis game? Sick and tired of every game having to turn into some nanosuit double jump laser spamming game. 

If this is implemented into every official then RIP. I'm outy. Supported this since day 1, bought SE even though it was awful. This will just top the line for me and make me quit for good. 

If you don't want it, that's fine, but that's on you. The fact is that this has been something planned for ARK for ages. That you choose to ignore that it's been planned and has always been intended to be part of ARK is, like I said, on you.

10 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

If you don't want it, that's fine, but that's on you. The fact is that this has been something planned for ARK for ages. That you choose to ignore that it's been planned and has always been intended to be part of ARK is, like I said, on you.

On me? Oh yeah you're totally right. From day 1 I knew they'd have nanosuit jetpacks and dinosaur lasers.

Ah wait. I had no clue. I knew Tek Tier was coming but like everyone else, no one knew what was actually coming. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, pkerjock said:

On me? Oh yeah you're totally right. From day 1 I knew they'd have nanosuit jetpacks and dinosaur lasers.

Ah wait. I had no clue. I knew Tek Tier was coming but like everyone else, no one knew what was actually coming. 

The power suit has been teased ages ago, and a forum member making use of the dev kit pointed out how the rex laser (erroneously thought of at the time as a giga laser) was in it. On top of what's been mentioned in previous digests, people have had inklings on what Tek Tier entailed. Hell, one of the digest questions answered was even addressing the jump pack capabilities of tek armor, namely how it would handle.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

The power suit has been teased ages ago, and a forum member making use of the dev kit pointed out how the rex laser (erroneously thought of at the time as a giga laser) was in it. On top of what's been mentioned in previous digests, people have had inklings on what Tek Tier entailed. Hell, one of the digest questions answered was even addressing the jump pack capabilities of tek armor, namely how it would handle.

I expected a nanosuit in a sense of future stuff whatever. I love Ark for what it is now. I'll try this new one but the trailer just looks awful. Every game is going down that road of nanosuit laser jetpack jumping halo/crysis/cod thing. 

Can't see how Ark can go from what is now to that. The jump is just gonna be awful in my opinion. Sick and tired of every decent game going down this road. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, pkerjock said:

I expected a nanosuit in a sense of future stuff whatever. I love Ark for what it is now. I'll try this new one but the trailer just looks awful. Every game is going down that road of nanosuit laser jetpack jumping halo/crysis/cod thing. 

Can't see how Ark can go from what is now to that. The jump is just gonna be awful in my opinion. Sick and tired of every decent game going down this road. 

This has always been planned for a game wholly inspired by dino riders and artwork of dinosaurs with laser cannons and rocket launchers mounted on them. If you dislike it, primitive servers are always an option.

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

I'm so so on this new content. Excited for the breeding stuff and the supposed improved feeding troughs. The underwater bases is something I'm concerned with. Can these be built right on top of deep sea loot crates? 

And since the tek teir suit has been out in development,  I'm assuming that it should be FREE of any bugs/glitches right? 

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

This has always been planned for a game wholly inspired by dino riders and artwork of dinosaurs with laser cannons and rocket launchers mounted on them. If you dislike it, primitive servers are always an option.

So I have to lose an entire chunk of the game I paid for because of an update that forces a layer of upgrades on you? Sounds fair. 

Will give it a go. But just from the trailer it's nothing I'd like. Like Scorched, it's an update people think will be good but it will just be awful and kill the game some more. 

Field day for every 12 year old playing this game. Jetpack looks ridiculous and if it farts longer than 15sec it'll be stupid (I foresee looting caves with that COD rip-off :P) If pew-pew lazors are anything like fire arrows, they'll make land dinos even more useless. Probably stupid expensive so only 1% of the peepz on officials will be able to afford it. But pvp alphas who do, will become even more so - DANGEROUS.

This game is so out of balance even now that I fear devs are out of sync with reality when "this" finally hits the patches. 

On 11/15/2016 at 0:16 PM, ciabattaroll said:

, ummm , not to be the " mud , that gets your stick stuck" But do you mean the same prim / prim plus that did not get the halloween event ? Yeah Halloween event was a blast if you played on the van island. How ever if we prefer the primitive plus play and direction , ( many do , hint hint that's why it was put out ) It also comes with a very very very very very steep cost. 
Event loss and that leaves players feeling and truly being left out in the cold.

Personally I love the looks of it ( tek Tier ), and have resumed getting my official profile reactive on the "official" van island.  ( lvl 97 btw ) I left it after learning that my oh so dreamed of titan would only live for 48 hours , ( Tribes have been known to build their main base on its back... smh really ? a 48 hour base, Great use of 6 days of grinding resources ) So I stopped playing , until I seen  primitive plus as it offered more build options.  With the center map , the island pales to stand up to it. My price , No event for me. As Everything I had on the "first"  island was given away & expired . 

I am not knocking the idea behind tek tier, In FACT! I like it!.  I also was playing on a pvp server till foreign players wrecked that server at the time , I have played pve since. 85% troll free. 

What many players here have not yet learned, as many, many, are new. The game is coming up on it's 1 yr marker being "EA* " for xbox , lets see if we get a 1 yr party. Though again , I do not look for primitive plus to get it. 
Pro's / Con's . The learning curve for new players at this point is huge. pc or console. 
Sadly , Trolls are in no short supply. 

So when it comes to the tek tier . Players , New and Old , are forgetting something. That little implant on your arm , it came from someplace. The dev's are still trying to tell a story ( explorer notes ) . I want to know how we got onto the island myself. So I am Very much looking forward to tek tier since it is just one step closer to seeing how this story started , plays out , and how it may if it does indeed , end. 

From the ground up guys , this has been built multiplayer, while still trying to tell you , your own story. So take the tek tier in stride. If PVP seems unbalanced, shift to PVE for awhile till things smooth out . If you are already beat down , then I am sure you will not be loosing much if anything doing so. 

Just understand the cost it comes with if you go primitive. Many of us have just shaken our heads , hung in there, and pay the cost of not getting what the main officials get. Being on console , has even made that choice even easier for me. 

I'm not holding out any form or thought of hope for console to get the TT in dec. I'll be happy if we get it by spring, Personally I am more hyped about underwater bases. Though for that to work , snap points are going to have to get worked out. I also have renamed my tribe to "Atlantians" . 

I will be the Queen of the ARK Seas. I want to be able to fly my fleet out of and into my underwater Atlantis. Raiders Beware.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

It looks awesome but am I the only one here that thinks they should be finishing the original core game and fixing all the bugs in it before they spread themselves even thinner by promising yet another thing that will add a pile of more bugs and problems to the game?

This is the original core game, it's the end-game aspect, was always intended.