PC Gamer TEK Tier Reveal!

Jatheish

On 11/16/2016 at 3:50 AM, ciabattaroll said:

If you don't want it, that's fine, but that's on you. The fact is that this has been something planned for ARK for ages. That you choose to ignore that it's been planned and has always been intended to be part of ARK is, like I said, on you.

It's not about if 'he wants it' or not.

Pkerjock has an incredibly valid point. Also, in my opinion it is definitely overkill. Just imagine there are already complaints about the Chinese building camps on resource spots. Imagine those people already way ahead in resources and gear, what happens when they get their hands on this stuff.

They will be able to send out Annihilation squads to cleanse the server of any and all competition. That will be super lol.

There are many that are excited about this coming release, but don't think just because you are in the safety of the majority as you seem to think you are that the minority (that may well not be the minority) are unimportant. There are many people who dislike this idea, many people who accept the coming release such as me but I would like to see a bit more of a development between bare fists to crysis suits.

Also, as another user posted above, and I mentioned just in a very recent post here, perhaps the most recent, fix what we have first. Polish and shine the Ark we have now, streamline the current experience instead of ignoring bugs and just releasing content that may bring a lot more. It is going to be one hell of a backdated list of crap the devs will have to sort out before long.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Dazzletoad said:

It's not about if 'he wants it' or not.

Pkerjock has an incredibly valid point. Also, in my opinion it is definitely overkill. Just imagine there are already complaints about the Chinese building camps on resource spots. Imagine those people already way ahead in resources and gear, what happens when they get their hands on this stuff.

They will be able to send out Annihilation squads to cleanse the server of any and all competition. That will be super lol.

There are many that are excited about this coming release, but don't think just because you are in the safety of the majority as you seem to think you are that the minority (that may well not be the minority) are unimportant. There are many people who dislike this idea, many people who accept the coming release such as me but I would like to see a bit more of a development between bare fists to crysis suits.

Also, as another user posted above, and I mentioned just in a very recent post here, perhaps the most recent, fix what we have first. Polish and shine the Ark we have now, streamline the current experience instead of ignoring bugs and just releasing content that may bring a lot more. It is going to be one hell of a backdated list of crap the devs will have to sort out before long.

Let's address some issues here.

1) Race/nationality doesn't factor in. The whole kerfuffle people had about using pillars to block resources flat out points that everyone hates anyone building on resource spots regardless of race, and that people can and will be jerks about it regardless of their nationalities. So please, enough with these condemnations of Chinese people as though anyone from any other nationality is wholly innocent.

2) Cries about servers being cleansed are already happening and that's without tek tier in the game. Plus the cross-ark feature is, as has been stated by the developers several times, an experimental feature that is every bit new ground for them as it is for us. They can and will refine it as time goes on.

3) It's not about majorities or minorities. The poster expressed consternation about the eventual presence of power armor and weaponry on dinosaurs, I pointed out that this has always been on the roadmap. Plain and simple. And as far as "bare fists  to crysis suits" goes, you're forgetting stone weapons clubs, bows, spears, metal weapons, crossbows, and all the different firearms in between. In my opinion that's quite the development from "bare fists to crysis suits".

Is it true that Ark will be fully released in April 2017?  I've heard that it was confirmed as such in PC Gamer magazine but I'm not going to spend money for one detail that should already be made public.  No other website has anything about the release being in April and the only thing remotely close is that the Tek Tier will be full at 1.0 in April so I'm not sure what that entirely means.  I'd appreciate feedback from anyone with knowledge on the subject, thanks.

10 minutes ago, ChrisRobMNTC said:

Is it true that Ark will be fully released in April 2017?  I've heard that it was confirmed as such in PC Gamer magazine but I'm not going to spend money for one detail that should already be made public.  No other website has anything about the release being in April and the only thing remotely close is that the Tek Tier will be full at 1.0 in April so I'm not sure what that entirely means.  I'd appreciate feedback from anyone with knowledge on the subject, thanks.

The fact we would have to pay to find out where this game is going, when will it be released, is really disappointing to begin with.

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM, ciabattaroll said:

Let's address some issues here.

1) Race/nationality doesn't factor in. The whole kerfuffle people had about using pillars to block resources flat out points that everyone hates anyone building on resource spots regardless of race, and that people can and will be jerks about it regardless of their nationalities. So please, enough with these condemnations of Chinese people as though anyone from any other nationality is wholly innocent.

2) Cries about servers being cleansed are already happening and that's without tek tier in the game. Plus the cross-ark feature is, as has been stated by the developers several times, an experimental feature that is every bit new ground for them as it is for us. They can and will refine it as time goes on.

3) It's not about majorities or minorities. The poster expressed consternation about the eventual presence of power armor and weaponry on dinosaurs, I pointed out that this has always been on the roadmap. Plain and simple. And as far as "bare fists  to crysis suits" goes, you're forgetting stone weapons clubs, bows, spears, metal weapons, crossbows, and all the different firearms in between. In my opinion that's quite the development from "bare fists to crysis suits".

I would also add that there is a whole "primitive" and "primitive plus" way to play for ppl who don't like tech in their ark experience. We have options, ty WC (:

Hello, I like to play this game solo and avoid the big tribes and do not want to play on a primitive server just to avoid alpha tribes with tek armor because I would like to acquire this amazing looking armor myself. What hopes does a single player like me have of obtaining this armor as I hear you have to farm bosses for element to craft it among the other structures. Sure I could kill someone with tek armor but then they will only come after me, so will there be another way of farming element for solo players?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...