PC Gamer TEK Tier Reveal!

Jatheish

I've watched PC Gamer reveal trailer. This Tek Tier is sooo bloody OP, I have no clue how are you going to balance this Wildcard, because no way people, who are around stone-metal tier, can fight against this. Heck, thatch roof was destroyed in 2 hits of the rifle.

The worst way to balance this is to set up ridiculous resources to obtain, this is not long term soultion,  because it's only a matter of time before some tribe gets that and ruins people's day. You would need to add EMP weapons for lower tiers to have any chance to survive encounter with Tek Tier.

32 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

I've watched PC Gamer reveal trailer. This Tek Tier is sooo bloody OP, I have no clue how are you going to balance this Wildcard, because no way people, who are around stone-metal tier, can fight against this. Heck, thatch roof was destroyed in 2 hits of the rifle.

The worst way to balance this is to set up ridiculous resources to obtain, this is not long term soultion,  because it's only a matter of time before some tribe gets that and ruins people's day. You would need to add EMP weapons for lower tiers to have any chance to survive encounter with Tek Tier.

In the current state of Ark your stone wall and thatch roof are already not a deterrent. If a high level character wants to wreck your stuff or break in, there is already nothing stopping them. So not exactly game changing in that respect. Also, no where in the video did we see stone or metal damaged by this tech. Why are you jumping to conclusions after watching a 1 min teaser? Lets wait and see what changes this will actually bring to the game once its released. Until then there is no point getting worked up over speculation as if its fact.

3 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

Will there be a better, maybe easier way to get black pearls? We have 3 outlets right now for them and one is risky (alpha mosas) if what another person says is true, 3k black pearls just for the gloves, this is going to be really hard to gather without spending the next month in the water

that was a joke. and im sure the ammonite will also have black pearls.

18 hours ago, rororoxor said:

no ur not. I always liked the spear/bow and arrow aspect of the game. However, I hear that these are gonna be really hard to get, and I've always wanted the jetpack to come out. The only thing i dont really like is the dino laser head cannons. But ya, staying primitive and trying to survive was the main theme of ark.

I also like the spear/bow part of the game, I just like how that pvp works. I will miss those days, but I guess we have SOTF for that. Im upset though this means guns like the longneck rifle are not going to be used as often. I will miss the longneck pvp base raiding/defending days...

1 minute ago, rororoxor said:

that was a joke. and im sure the ammonite will also have black pearls.

Oh....yea, I'm really bad at sarcasm lol. I hope that the ammonites do give a few pearls. Maybe not in the way of an alpha mosa but 2 or 3 guaranteed.  Also heard somewhere that it will take a thing called element. Haven't heard much about it or how to get it but I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg, a few dinos and a pinch on sanity to get

1 hour ago, BigRed1227 said:

Oh....yea, I'm really bad at sarcasm lol. I hope that the ammonites do give a few pearls. Maybe not in the way of an alpha mosa but 2 or 3 guaranteed.  Also heard somewhere that it will take a thing called element. Haven't heard much about it or how to get it but I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg, a few dinos and a pinch on sanity to get

lol thats all good...as for the alpha mosas, they arent that hard if u just tame and breed lots of random sht and sic it. You can get 100 pearls.

and im hearing  that the "element" thing will be found in a new cave

Edited by rororoxor

21 hours ago, Tatsu86 said:

I'm with WidowMaker816 on this one. I'm hoping for a near simultaneous release as well. I've been excited for most of the updates & relases that ARK has recieved for well over the past 6 months & longer. Nothing, NOTHING has piqued my interest more than Tek Tier. Gone will be the days where as an Xbox player I have to resign myself to watching sl1pg8r & other YouTubers mess with it on PC & watching Fresonis in the Devkit showcase it all the while just yearning & itching for it.

I'm also really glad to see that they're including the stuff for Rexes & Gigas and hopefully not piecing it out 1-at-atime. I have to admit, I about doubled over in laughter watching the one survivor in gear just run through some poor soul's wooden house & smash it to pieces as he does his best Flash impersonation.

Good stuff guys, hope to see it ASAP.

I bought this game & the DLC due to sl1pg8er & Zueljin. Am still relatively new and highly noobish, but this stuff looks incredible

33 minutes ago, Wizmattc said:

please allow the tek saddles on primitive i really want them 

*facepalms*
You could just join a non primitive server if you really want it, considering you wouldn't even have the engrams to make/repair them or the materials to power them.

Edited by Khilandros
my great grammar, lol