4 hours ago, Thatch said:

1500 cp

2000 poly

1600 electronics

3000 black pearls

40 absorbent

400 ingots

200 crystal

and some new resource that will be hard to get.

That's just for the gloves...

I hope so! Or perhaps ammunition for the weapons is particularly expensive so people can't just come around and perpetually wipe out your structures with this stuff.

Does look interesting though, and definitely excited about the underwater aspect!

• Volunteer Moderator
50 minutes ago, ghostrat said:

This will kill this nice game

No it won't. There are plenty of options for those that may not want any of the Tek Teir stuff.

• Primitive Plus - Very unlikely to get any of this
  • Extinction Servers - Very unlikely to get any of this
  • Single Player - you can do what you want
  • Private Servers - can have Tek Teir disabled

There's plenty of options. The only ones that won't necessarily have a choice are those that will only ever play on official servers, and that in itself is a choice.

So no, it won't kill the game.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, ghostrat said:

But i love the official pvp Servers! if this come i would quit After 2k hrs on official pvp 

Why judge something before you've seen it. It's not going to be something that will instantly flood the servers. You may not even see content from it for quite sometime depending on the players on your server. People should keep an open mind.

31 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Why judge something before you've seen it. It's not going to be something that will instantly flood the servers. You may not even see content from it for quite sometime depending on the players on your server. People should keep an open mind.

I know what it mean for alpha tribes which have vaults of blackpearls they are more unbeatable and with this gear why i need Dinos? I only need an quetz an ank and a water dino to Farm why schould i tame then 5 hrs plus a giga when He instant rage its ez to kill giga with rocket launcher why more op stuff.... Or 4 Day breed wyvern a wyvern is now ez to kill with some sniper and then why should i invest time for Dinos if there more stronger weapons and Amor dont unterstand this decison 

Edited by ghostrat

Haha. This needs work. Very un-fluid animations and to much recoil for a gun that shoots light in a sense. Light doesn't weigh anything. Also some more issues I see is that the trailer shows  the UI, and it is really bad, you can't tell whats going on, I would think Tek Tier would hamper my PVP abilities, not enhance it.

1 hour ago, Crysis_Hunter said:

Haha. This needs work. Very un-fluid animations and to much recoil for a gun that shoots light in a sense. Light doesn't weigh anything. Also some more issues I see is that the trailer shows  the UI, and it is really bad, you can't tell whats going on, I would think Tek Tier would hamper my PVP abilities, not enhance it.

who's to say its light, it could be just a very bright bullet...

thats probably what it is because no one can shoot spheres of light

Well it looks cool on a trailer that's true but I fear when this is released it will be when I stop playing Ark. I mean lots of people are into lasers and spaceships but to me it takes away the dino concept which makes this game special, not the lasers. I wish you guys supported more your Primitive plus dlc, it feels like Cedric is alone on this one. 

28 minutes ago, Deadpool00012 said:

Now dinos need a major buff. Even if some have tek armor, all dinos need to be made harder or add in more challenging dinos and ones that can actually combat the tek tier

I wouldnt jump to conclusions. How useful is a Rex in its current form? Everyone just flies everywhere and no longer uses land mounts for combat. I suspect that the cost of building and maintaining the laser attachment will be ridiculously high. It may not do that much damage anyways, it may just give it somewhat of a ranged attack. My point is we really dont have any details as to how any of this will work. I would suggest (as previously stated by GP) to keep an open mind until we actually have concrete facts about how all of this will work.   

Just now, Dustrider said:

I wouldnt jump to conclusions. How useful is a Rex in its current form? Everyone just flies everywhere and no longer uses land mounts for combat. I suspect that the cost of building and maintaining the laser attachment will be ridiculously high. It may not do that much damage anyways, it may just give it somewhat of a ranged attack. My point is we really dont have any details as to how any of this will work. I would suggest (as previously stated by GP) to keep an open mind until we actually have concrete facts about how all of this will work.   

Yeah i agree we don't really know how its gonna affect the game

14 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

They're intended to be end-game gear, challenging both to acquire and to upkeep (via a new TekEngram/Resource mechanic). The purpose of the Tek Tier is to provide room for certain end-game mechanics to grow in long-term directions. The video may make it look like everyone's gonna be running around in unlimited Power Ranger / Iron Man armor en masse -- if it's balanced properly, that will hopefully not be the case ;) 

Also, any or all of the Tek Tier stuff will be specifically disable-able for servers!

-Jeremy

Will there be a better, maybe easier way to get black pearls? We have 3 outlets right now for them and one is risky (alpha mosas) if what another person says is true, 3k black pearls just for the gloves, this is going to be really hard to gather without spending the next month in the water