PC Gamer TEK Tier Reveal!

Jatheish

46 minutes ago, EXFIB0 said:

It looks very good and futuristic. I really enjoyed the trailer and I am stoked about the tier. But I suggest it to be very hard to get/almost impossible since it might become very gamebreaking. Otherwise it looks awesome. We support you! 

Same here.  This defiantly looks like an amazing game changing update.  Can't wait! :) 

1 hour ago, Eyolis said:

Am I the only one thinking ARK is going a bit too far away of the original spirit and it's kinda losing it's charm :S

no ur not. I always liked the spear/bow and arrow aspect of the game. However, I hear that these are gonna be really hard to get, and I've always wanted the jetpack to come out. The only thing i dont really like is the dino laser head cannons. But ya, staying primitive and trying to survive was the main theme of ark.

1 hour ago, Eyolis said:

Am I the only one thinking ARK is going a bit too far away of the original spirit and it's kinda losing it's charm :S

Have... have you just been ignoring all the alien technology around the map? The giant floating obelisks and terminals under them or the stuff in the caves? Pretty sure given enough time people would figure out how to adapt the technology. Also how does this take away from the original spirit? You don't wanna use it then ya don't have to, its just part of the story and all. You can still just run around and tame creatures and use primitive or modern technology instead of future Tek technology.

ARK devs, I'm normally a huge supporter, but I've been ticked off with this reveal.

Yes, Tek teir is AWESOME, but did you see some of the comments? like this one:

"I am in an alpha tribe on PvP official and we already are trying to wipe out every tribe and make the server only for us. With this new armor we're going to be able to kill everyone and they can't do anything to stop us. The sensor vision is going to be so useful against anyone trying to hide or avoid being killed. It's sort of annoying when you go to raid a noob and they get away because in reality they shouldn't have a chance anyway because that isn't what I find fun.

This armor looks godly and when i get my hands on it all you butthurt cry babies are going to cry some more as I destroy every single thing you own. People seem to forget this is a shooter not hide and seek simulator. I am fed up of the survival aspect of the game anyway and would like to see better ways for the alpha tribes to be rewarded. Although i think this armor is amazing, i still want more power and know the game is going to deliver me that. You people seem to forget this game is for the people who actually are good at it and matter such as alpha tribes. That's why ark devs give us amazing armor like this and all you get is pointy sticks.

Anyone who's butthurt should just kill themselves because at the end of the day you're bad and the weak don't deserve to have as much fun as people like me. We worked hard and deserve to be top tier and that's why we are going to use this tek tier armor to ruin the game for you scrubs because you're poop and don't deserve to be playing the game in the first place. Get good or gtfo losers"

I understand you strive to make ark "Fair and competitive", but look at what you're doing in the reveal trailer. Do you not realize this is what dumb-minded, egotistical alpha tribes are going to be doing on public PvP servers? Wiping everybody else off the map?

I love the idea, Ark Devs, but PLEASE, for the sake of your fanbase and for balancing: make this gear and weapons RIDICULOUSLY AND PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLY HARD TO GET AND UPKEEP. I mean, come on ark devs. Please, think of your fanbase. I don't want this game ending up like The Isle.

32 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Have... have you just been ignoring all the alien technology around the map? The giant floating obelisks and terminals under them or the stuff in the caves? Pretty sure given enough time people would figure out how to adapt the technology. Also how does this take away from the original spirit? You don't wanna use it then ya don't have to, its just part of the story and all. You can still just run around and tame creatures and use primitive or modern technology instead of future Tek technology.

My thoughts exactly... they have primitive servers..

10 minutes ago, Shadlos said:

ARK devs, I'm normally a huge supporter, but I've been ticked off with this reveal.

Yes, Tek teir is AWESOME, but did you see some of the comments? like this one:

"I am in an alpha tribe on PvP official and we already are trying to wipe out every tribe and make the server only for us. With this new armor we're going to be able to kill everyone and they can't do anything to stop us. The sensor vision is going to be so useful against anyone trying to hide or avoid being killed. It's sort of annoying when you go to raid a noob and they get away because in reality they shouldn't have a chance anyway because that isn't what I find fun.

This armor looks godly and when i get my hands on it all you butthurt cry babies are going to cry some more as I destroy every single thing you own. People seem to forget this is a shooter not hide and seek simulator. I am fed up of the survival aspect of the game anyway and would like to see better ways for the alpha tribes to be rewarded. Although i think this armor is amazing, i still want more power and know the game is going to deliver me that. You people seem to forget this game is for the people who actually are good at it and matter such as alpha tribes. That's why ark devs give us amazing armor like this and all you get is pointy sticks.

Anyone who's butthurt should just kill themselves because at the end of the day you're bad and the weak don't deserve to have as much fun as people like me. We worked hard and deserve to be top tier and that's why we are going to use this tek tier armor to ruin the game for you scrubs because you're poop and don't deserve to be playing the game in the first place. Get good or gtfo losers"

I understand you strive to make ark "Fair and competitive", but look at what you're doing in the reveal trailer. Do you not realize this is what dumb-minded, egotistical alpha tribes are going to be doing on public PvP servers? Wiping everybody else off the map?

I love the idea, Ark Devs, but PLEASE, for the sake of your fanbase and for balancing: make this gear and weapons RIDICULOUSLY AND PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLY HARD TO GET AND UPKEEP. I mean, come on ark devs. Please, think of your fanbase. I don't want this game ending up like The Isle.

.... the alphas like this will wipe servers regardless.... that's pvp (I call it free for all).... and not all pvp servers are like this.... adapt and survive

Besides, how much fun would it be to take their hard earned gear and use it against them, always options and always possiblities.

Edited by Ep1cM0nk3y

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Shadlos said:

I love the idea, Ark Devs, but PLEASE, for the sake of your fanbase and for balancing: make this gear and weapons RIDICULOUSLY AND PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLY HARD TO GET AND UPKEEP.

They're intended to be end-game gear, challenging both to acquire and to upkeep (via a new TekEngram/Resource mechanic). The purpose of the Tek Tier is to provide room for certain end-game mechanics to grow in long-term directions. The video may make it look like everyone's gonna be running around in unlimited Power Ranger / Iron Man armor en masse -- if it's balanced properly, that will hopefully not be the case ;) 

Also, any or all of the Tek Tier stuff will be specifically disable-able for servers!

-Jeremy

Ok, so the new TEK Armour update? whats happening with this does anyone know?

I'm really hoping they are adding this to a new server mode or something i really don't want this in the original game, for the simple fact i bought this game thinking cool dinosaurs! and now it's dinos with lazers? anyone have any knowledge on it? I really don't want this silly thing in the actual game :(. it was fine being a mod.

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

They're intended to be end-game gear, challenging both to acquire and to upkeep (via a new TekEngram/Resource mechanic). The purpose of the Tek Tier is to provide room for certain end-game mechanics to grow in long-term directions. The video may make it look like everyone's gonna be running around in unlimited Power Ranger / Iron Man armor en masse -- if it's balanced properly, that will hopefully not be the case ;) 

Also, any or all of the Tek Tier stuff will be specifically disable-able for servers!

-Jeremy

Thank you so much. I really love this game.

Part of me wonders, released in December 2016 with parts from the video being released over the course of 6 months....cough dynamic bridges cough :P j/k but not really, that video appears to have a lot of content and while I think its cool, I'm thinking in reality I can only say that even a halloween event could not give us key elements that was boasted for.  Not salty just keeping it real.  I hope I'm wrong and will be the first to say if the tek suit comes with everything in December I'll definitely congratulate them on some hard ass work.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It'd be awesome if you fixed cross-cluster-transfers first though right?

Various items don't transfer, and when you switch clusters you still have to relog, or wait 15 minutes before you are "complete"...

3 hours ago, Shadlos said:

I'll clue you in to the name of the game "Ark: Survival Evolved. " 

Countering alpha tribes isn't that hard, though always easier. 90% of people on pvp servers can't even counter low-life raiders and don't seem to appreciate the importance of working in a larger group, efficient resource gathering or planning. 

My prediction is this Tek Tier armor will be used about as much as night vision goggles. Which are way more expensive to use than the shadow steak sauté (which almost no one ever uses anyway, because alt-tabbing and tweaking gamma is easier), and actually a straight downgrade from that.

If the durability lasted for 3 hours, and they were a skin you could add to a helmet, then maybe it'd be worth making them. As it is.. hell raptor no says everyone who's ever farmed resources for that, 

I'd be surprised if one single item out of what was show in the video would be cost-effective to use. No one uses Riot gear, because it's worse than flak armor. (which needs to be rebalanced and made heavy, as does other armor)

Edited by Cullis

3 hours ago, ACrazyWalrus said:

Ok, so the new TEK Armour update? whats happening with this does anyone know?

I'm really hoping they are adding this to a new server mode or something i really don't want this in the original game, for the simple fact i bought this game thinking cool dinosaurs! and now it's dinos with lazers? anyone have any knowledge on it? I really don't want this silly thing in the actual game :(. it was fine being a mod.

I would suggest playing primitive plus? You may get lucky and it may be restricted to specific servers. I am pretty excited about it myself though!