PC Gamer TEK Tier Reveal!

Jatheish

This is the one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in video games. Keep up the amazing work, so hype to make an underwater base and those tek suits look awesome with the speed and strength boosts. That power fist attack looked awesome too.

Hopefully with weaponized rexes I'll finally have a dino that can 1v1 a rock golem more than like lv 10 xD.

A few questions/things to consider:

• Will the dinos equipped with the laser tank armor stuff be able to use it without a rider (E.g. If I leave my rex outside on scorched will he be able to shoot down wyverns that come by if provoked when I'm offline?)
  • Earlier in an ark digest, it was mentioned that there would be no higher tier reusable grapple as the jetpack would be able to let you all out fly. Would it be possible to still get one anyway? I love grappling around, especially in caves, and it'd be nicer to have some mid-tier grapple (around lv 70 made with poly) that is reusable.
  • Will there be any tek tier things that give torp?
  • Will we get forcefields for protecting structures?
  • It'd be super cool to get some imprisoning force field gun thing that'd be like a tek tier net gun for all stopping any dino from moving

BEYOND EXCITED FOR THIS! Seriously though I have been waiting for the game to finally get to the Sci-fi side of things and get more into the fancy tech that the Obelisks are made of and the large things attached to the walls of caves. Also can't wait to figure out the whole story to the ARKs and hopefully get to discover more ARKs along the way.

Please, please, please release this for the Xbox simultaneously with the PC :-) I am curious though how well that speed boost and jet pack will work with the already horrible frame rates and disconnect issues around large structures. What happens if I disconnect while in mid-air using the jetpack... do i fall to my death and possibly lose my fancy new gear?

All jokes aside - the Tek Tier armor and abilities look really amazing, I can't wait to have an army of Giga's with Laser Helmets and Tek Armor.

18 minutes ago, WidowMaker816 said:

Please, please, please release this for the Xbox simultaneously with the PC :-) I am curious though how well that speed boost and jet pack will work with the already horrible frame rates and disconnect issues around large structures. What happens if I disconnect while in mid-air using the jetpack... do i fall to my death and possibly lose my fancy new gear?

All jokes aside - the Tek Tier armor and abilities look really amazing, I can't wait to have an army of Giga's with Laser Helmets and Tek Armor.

I'm with WidowMaker816 on this one. I'm hoping for a near simultaneous release as well. I've been excited for most of the updates & relases that ARK has recieved for well over the past 6 months & longer. Nothing, NOTHING has piqued my interest more than Tek Tier. Gone will be the days where as an Xbox player I have to resign myself to watching sl1pg8r & other YouTubers mess with it on PC & watching Fresonis in the Devkit showcase it all the while just yearning & itching for it.

I'm also really glad to see that they're including the stuff for Rexes & Gigas and hopefully not piecing it out 1-at-atime. I have to admit, I about doubled over in laughter watching the one survivor in gear just run through some poor soul's wooden house & smash it to pieces as he does his best Flash impersonation.

Good stuff guys, hope to see it ASAP.