v250 PGA Changes?

I won't be able to play for a bit, but I was planning on setting up a PGA server but was waiting for this patch. And Wildcard doesn't always include all the changes.

Could anyone who has access let me know if:

Did this update break already generated Arks?

Were swamps added this update?

Is it indeed working on Linux Servers now? 

I greatly appreciate it, so I can start gathering data for when I return :D

4 hours ago, CyberVic said:

Yes indeed it's working on Linux servers.

Yes the maps all got reset even if you upload your own map, they generate a new one.

Not sure about swamps, but I like what I'm seeing so far, MUCH cleaner generation in general.

I find the generation to be the complete opposite: if they were going for an intentional change, it's definitely 10 steps backwards. Maybe that is what they wanted to do in order to help fix up the generation, but really...it's completely unplayable right now. Islands spawning with trees/rocks in perfect, aligned rows. It looks really bad, and basically unplayable at this point (compared to the last version, which was very playable hehe)

Leinadacher, are you using the same settings or did you generate from scratch with new settings?

They totally changed some of the options and there's new options. Generate a new map locally to see all the new settings.

Not sure what you're talking about when it comes to perfect, aligned rows. I'm not seeing that.

8 hours ago, CyberVic said:

Leinadacher, are you using the same settings or did you generate from scratch with new settings?

They totally changed some of the options and there's new options. Generate a new map locally to see all the new settings.

Not sure what you're talking about when it comes to perfect, aligned rows. I'm not seeing that.

Nah this is on one of the official servers (Extinction 8). I tried another official server and it's not nearly as bad. Perhaps the generated map on Server 8 is just glitched/corrupt or something. Maybe the Dev's could visit Extinction 8 and see what I mean haha.

48 minutes ago, Raught said:

thanks for the responses :D

i got to  play around with the new version, ALOT of differences. Although, I can't find where it is now saving the map data, it isn't saving to the Game.ini, and I can't seem to find where it would be now.

I'm trying to figure this out as well. It seems to be in a completely different place and it's driving me nuts.

It also seems to be doing something... differently in general in regards to saving or I'm going crazy.

1 minute ago, CyberVic said:

I'm trying to figure this out as well. It seems to be in a completely different place and it's driving me nuts.

It also seems to be doing something... differently in general in regards to saving or I'm going crazy.

After testing with it a lot and with multiple friends, I've concluded it is not saving. I made a bug report here: 

Hopefully it gets fixed ASAP, because this makes PGA unusable.

And what is going to happen when the Official Extinction servers do a maintenance restart? Its going to wipe the map and start over.

18 hours ago, Leinadarcher said:

I find the generation to be the complete opposite: if they were going for an intentional change, it's definitely 10 steps backwards. Maybe that is what they wanted to do in order to help fix up the generation, but really...it's completely unplayable right now. Islands spawning with trees/rocks in perfect, aligned rows. It looks really bad, and basically unplayable at this point (compared to the last version, which was very playable hehe)

I agree. I also see the neat rows of trees. It's so ugly. I generated a few new maps, playing with the new erosion settings, but I keep getting ugly landscapes. Increasing the erosion steps (from default 4 to 8) seemed to help a bit, but still. I haven't found a map yet I'm willing to play on. I now regret I lost my last map (a bit) but hey, it's still in experimentation phase. Let's hope for a quick update.

Archived