ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:19 AM, thealev said:

Will you be adding a creative mode to ark? Where you have infinite resources, infinite stats/can never die, and the ability to easily spawn in Dino's.

we already have this. its called console commands, but you can only use it if your an admin on a dedicated or non-dedicated server, not on an official server though.

Can we please get crash logs sent to you for Xbox Dedicated server crashes?  Since one of the patches near the beginning of the month we get multiple crashes per day. I would opt into any ability to get you the data you need to fix these problems.

Same for disconnects, can we get an error message back that better explains why we're DCing so that we can troubleshoot the problem?  Even when pings are good I and others have been getting DC'd a lot more since the last update 747.0.

Will you add some kind of exercise machines like treadmills, weights, static bicycles that will give you a certain stat boost that will last for a real life day or until you die (this is just an example you choose the times) and you will be able to have only one upgrade at the time? Also depending on how good you do at a mini game which would decide how much will the stat buff be?

With the new tek teir coming up, will you add a way to tame the untamable dinos? Maybe you would lure, say, a meganura into the cloner, close the cloner, and then clone the meganura. I don't know, it would just be cool to have an army of leeches or maybe even a deathworm or two. (If you did this, it would probably only work for untamable dinos, because tamable dinos might be too op.)

Way back in digest 10 it was stated that there would be a big creature AI overhaul next month. 

Whatever happened to it?

Survivor, 8bit Gamer asks, "When will we start seeing the more advanced dinosaur AI?"

Answer:

Next Month! We’re going to be making huge changes to Dino AI, it’ll be a MASSIVE update including sensory-based targeting, diurnal/nocturnal behaviours, and even more customization behaviour depending on the species!

Can you make a procedural or dynamic-changing labyrinth-cave or maze-cave on The Island?

*Procedural cave = different in each server

*Dinamic changing= Tunnels that open and close gates, walls that rotate over time changing roads. etc.

I would love participate in a maze/labyrinth exploration on the Island that is different every time that I play in it. =)

(both would be awesome, and I saw some youtube videos that this is possible with Unreal Engine, even you have a "procedural maps system as base" and there are some bases too in Unreal Engine marketplace)

What do you think about the next DLC thematic?
Devs, what kind of DLCs are in your mind? Aliens? Moon? Zombies? Magic? World of superhumans (superpowers)? Microscopic world? Creative mode redesigned to be more easier like "Minecraft" in a DLC? Cartoon world? Frozen world? Underwater world?
IDK, because we don't know the ARK history yet. but this is my question, I repeat =):

What do you think about the next DLC thematic? What ideas are in your mind?

On 08/11/2016 at 2:33 AM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - that'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can .

Also guys, we do have another Digest being lined up to be posted soon. I might add more questions from this thread to that one - or just save all these questions for the one after. Anyway ask away, I'm sure after yesterday's stream you've got a lot to think about! :P

Thanks,

Jat

Hi, I love your game but I and many other players have a big problem that can be solved easily.

Could the patchnote thread of survival of the fittest be updated ? Even the version written when we launch the game is outdated.

there is server running V178.8, on the bottom left corner it is written 178.3 and the last patchnote update is 178.1.

This is a bigger concern as it seems as SOFT is supposed to be a competitive game, we dserve to know the changes.

Some ideas for decorations in your base/home

Aquarium

Weapon frame

Armor stand

Bongos

Trike skull

Megaloceros head

Dire bear rug

Saber/wolf wall pelt

Planters

Hanging baskets

Small flags

Cupboards

More seating

Bigger beds

You could stuff and display some animals (Dodos,Bears,Deer,)

Wall Coel

Bags

Carpet

Megalodon jaws

Giga skull

Pachy skull

Mammoth tusks

Counters

Plates

Bowls

Sink

Fence

Targets

Lockers

Baskets

On November 7, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - that'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can .

Also guys, we do have another Digest being lined up to be posted soon. I might add more questions from this thread to that one - or just save all these questions for the one after. Anyway ask away, I'm sure after yesterday's stream you've got a lot to think about! :P

Thanks,

Jat

Could we see some horizontal elevator tracks for mass transportation of Dinos of resources 

Archived