ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will dino AI get more 'intelligent' before the game is finished? I mean I know that according to science the majority of dino's were probably dull as bricks, but even with such little intelligence you'd have to think that they'd avoid strolling into the lava streams on the volcano on The Center for example! I've seen lower level carno's wander into them without a care in the world (not even kited) and die. Higher levels wander through it but even so, if the game is aware enough to deal the creatures damage, perhaps the creatures could be aware of the lava in order not to walk into it?

Would you consider an Official Server where there are only 2 or 3 tribes allowed on the map and at character creation you have to select which tribe or get assigned to a tribe?

I'd love to see epic 35 player tribes going head to head on standard maps. (kinda like SOTF, but played on a much longer time scale - perhaps extinction, no shrinking maps, normal XP, taming and gather rates)  Tribe Team is declared winner at the end of the time scale by most number of Player/Tame kills...then reset.  ---> Top 2-3 Players with the most amount of kills could get a bonus armour skin and perhaps tribe leader status next game they play.

So, outside the typical when is play anywhere being finished question I had a few questions/suggestions that shouldn't be too hard to answer or implement.

1. Dump the Bookmarks option on Xbox One and change it to My Survivors like the Steam Version has. Bookmarks always seems to have issues. Be so much easier to just show the servers we have Characters on.

2. Can we get more customization options with the in game Tribe Ranks systems? With large tribes of 20 plus members 5 ranks just isn't enough and the current level of customization isn't very effective for large tribes.

3. Is there still a plan to implement rented servers for xbox one rather than having to fork over money for a 2nd Xbox one that will just get burned out after a month?

4. My last question is do you guys intend to give a solid release date in the coming weeks?

Can we get whistle command for following dinos to back up 5 paces? When out with my gigas the one following will launch off a rock or bit of higher ground and land right on top of me and the other giga stopping the giga I'm riding from moving. And when you take damage each time you get off a giga it can make repeatedly untangling them hard on your health. 

I'm obsessed with Ark so I'd love to know... It's been quite a while since the announcement of the upcoming game mode "Primal Survival." I feel as though this topic has been neglected since then, so I wanted to ask when the expected release date is. Alternatively, If you don't have an expected date, If you could update me on the progress to help my anxiousness subside I would absolutely appreciate it.

~ RaptorQueen. :raptor:

1 hour ago, Murph3103 said:

1. Can you give us something like a skinning knife that collect more hide and pelt than the axe but no meat?

2. Is it possible that you think about a dinosaur like Lambeosaurus? It was the biggest Hadrosaur and it could be a fast mount which have a very high carryweight. A parasaur for high-level Player.

im still here waiting for the throwing knife... :\

1. Can you add a hot key for Ride option for Diplocaulus? It will be helpful when you have no time underwater to find a needed option.

2. Any news on adding an auto-destroy function & timers for tamed dinos and even player bodies, like the one for structures? You promised it in 39th Digest 9_9 It is really necessary for servers where the number of tamed dino is close to a limit.

I, like many ark fanatics, am a hard working adult that cannot be on all the time. I would love to get more into breeding, but it is time prohibitive, so I can only get into it once every month or two. 

With your recent announcement of the tech tier being on the horizon I would like to beg and plead that you consider moving the refridgerated food trough higher up on your priority list for the tech tier structures. This structure will bring with it a huge quality of life increase for those of us with jobs, that want to get into breeding, but struggle with keeping a trough full. 

Thank you for considering this!

20 hours ago, vapeur156 said:

I think it would be very convenient to be able to rename/delete the sub-folders we can create in most inventories.

I have a folder "thatch" that I use now for Kibbles instead of the thatch tier stuff I used it for months ago.

You can delete them just found this out the other night. Empty the folder, then highlight it but don't open it and drop it like you would from your inventory. 

Archived