ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

3 hours ago, Gamingleader149 said:

there already is a command to join a tribe without invites ForcePlayerToJoinTribe <PlayerID> <TribeName>      or if your not able to get into your tribe somehow even after trying that command, you can try the givetome command on all of your stuff to get it back

Ah thank you!! 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BlueHood said:

will we be getting more social, eating, and drinking emotes? It'd be awesome to come back to base, hang up our tribes newly acquired alpha wyvern trophy, sit down around the table, toast a beer and chug one back with the mates.

" Upcoming Version: v251.0, ETA: Nov 23
- ARK: Turkey Trial 2! New challenge and cosmetics! Earnable Emotes! (this system also enables Mods to add more Emotes to the game!) "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there some form of limitation to Post Process materials that can be used via this method? I have several complex-ish PostProcess materials that will work perfectly fine either when added to the GPPV(GlobalPPVolume) directly, or via a dirty workaround at run-time on a client-by-client basis, but when used in the Buff' explicit Post Process Effect and added to the additional array for the PGD, absolutely zero of the effects work.

Some of the materials make use of the CustomDepth buffer for a "highlighting/outlining" effect. As the same effect is shown to be working in the reveal trailer, does that mean this is a current limitation and has since been overcome internally - in regards to being used in buffs - or is there some key point that needs to be considered when doing these kinds of materials for PostProcessing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Secondary question(s) that just jumped into my head as I begin a refactoring of my Admin Command Menu mod:

Can we possibly get a function that can return all child classes of a specified class, NOT actor references but an array of returned class references (so pass in the PrimalItem class for example, and return every class that is a child of that class including all childs of those and childs of those and so on until the end of the hierarchy is reached);

And;

Potentially a secondary function that takes a class input and can return the path to that class as a string, i.e the same that you would get from 'Right Click > Copy Reference' on a file in the content browser(Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/... etc.).

In my Admin mod, I have an array of almost 700 structs that I needed to create by hand, because the Master list was abandoned in the PrimalGameData some time ago, to facilitate easy and simple spawning of items, but if I can generate the spawn commands dynamically at run-time by assessing all valid classes, it nullifies my need to update the mod with every content release, plus it would be a pretty neat feature to have in the editor.

References:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/216411/get-all-child-blueprints-of-parents-not-just-those.html
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/92651/get-blueprint-class-by-string-in-c.html
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/182569/how-do-i-get-the-folder-path-of-an-actor.html

-WM

Hi Ark Devs, a few questions about Primal Survival.

1. Will there be balancing systems for larger, more powerful dinosaurs like the Titanosaur?

2. Could nests function as feeding troughs for nearby pack members? This would be very convenient for some people with hunting, etc.

3. Is there a confirmed release date for the mod, or will there be one soon?

- Can we get a better option in the settings for a limited HUD where we can just turn off tamed dino names? Currently disabling "Floating Names" in the settings does this but it also works against wild dino's that you want to spyglass to see their level and gender in regards to a potential tame.

- Can we get a option in the settings to disable "Dino Head Turning" and "Dino Tail Swaying"? Nothing more annoying then trying to re-position a dino or pick up dino eggs and you keep getting knocked back and fourth because your dino's want to look at you or tail swipe you away.

- Can we add a variation of the Whip where you can collect dino eggs without causing the dino to move? Currently there are dino's where the only way you can collect their eggs is if you pick up or move the dino's themselves. The hitbox or radius around the body of the Pelagornis for example is too big and stops anyone from collecting eggs directly underneath them.

1. I came to the Halloween Event late as I was struggling to fix my private unofficial server. I finally fixed it about two days before the event ended and did not manage to bag all the skins or a zombdodo :( I was curious if in the future if an option could be added to keep special events going on unofficial servers?

2. I was also curious about if a more realistic way of taming could be added. I find knocking creatures out fun and all, but it might be more interesting if there was more reality to it, much like how humans domesticated wolves.

3. Why did the Ark team decide to go with the inaccurate approach to creatures in Ark? Even though it's been known for quite a while that dinosaurs like Utah Raptor had feathers covering their body and avian scales not reptilian scales.

Thanks for any info you can give me if you decide to answer this,

Sincerely,

A dedicated Ark Player

I have been playing for awhile on the center map and it crashes to the dashboard after about 30 minutes. I can't get anything done. I play on an undedicated server and if the game won't be fixed then I don't know what else to do please help I can't create a ticket cause you don't offer support for Xbox yet. Please help I wanna play ark.

Have anyone in the studio ever played a real time strategy game on console? Ive played Command and Conquer (PS1 & XB3) & Halo Wars 1 + 2 (XB3/1). There are many ways i could see the UI being changed to be super user friendly. During the Live stream on Twitch I spammed XBOX- SOTF about 300x to get any answer on release windows or problems you may be having that prevents information coming out. What i gathered was that "no one would want to play sotf on a controller" at least, thats what I heard from one streamer in the 35 hour stream. I hope you guys realize a controller scheme is NOT impossible for SoTF and I would be sad to see you drop this game mode for fear of figuring out a solid way to play this fast paced mode on the Xbox. I also am hopeful that you realize there is no game like SotF on the Xbox and you could be the first.

Archived