Rock Elementals exploited to raid people in PvE

RNGesus

Hello there,

I want to share some experiences with you. I play on Official PvE Scorched Earth 707, and today when i logged in, my entire base was destoryed. 27 Mantis dead, 1 Golem dead, 3 wyvern (100% imprint) dead, and a lot of other dinos i had. Everything i worked for, for more than 400 hours ingame time. And why? Well because i was naive enough to believe that in PvE you only have to fight the environment.

A few weeks ago the base of a tribe called Tribe 205676 was destroyed by a Rock Elemental that was probably lured by someone, and since that they simply raid the base of people they accuse for this. Right after their base was raided, they lured a wild Rock Elemental into the biggest and most impressive base on our server, they lost like 20 wyvern and a poopload of other stuff. A neighbour of them took screenshots of Tribe 205676 doing this. They used a Paracer with a huge ramp to get over the metal dinosaur gates they had. The owner of the destroyed base reported them with screenshots and everything. That was like 2 weeks ago, no response from the support yet.

If I wanted other people to be able to destroy my base and kill my dinos I would play PvP.

Since Golems can only effectivly be damaged by explosives, it is impossible to kill them while you are offline. The only way to stop this tribe is a at least 10-15 pillars high wall of metal pillars all around your base, which is unaffordable for almost every tribe on our server.

Oh an btw the tribe that is luring the Golems is chinese (quelle suprise) which makes it hard to communicate. I still tried after i logged in today. I used google translate to write in chinese, I asked them if it was them, and they responded: "We were involved in that project" and "No regrets". I already knew that it was them cause I logged in before they completly finished, so I saw them.

There is absolutly no doubt that these guys are ruining our server. If you ask everyone on the server you would always get this answer.

I really hope this thread gets enough attention to change something as PvE should stay PvE.

Thanks for reading :)

RNGesus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Internet is one of the best thing Humans came up with. Also it is the worse thing too. Sad but true the internet killed civility. It is funny I have asked people who have done thing kind of the same in other games. And they always tell me. "I am bored" And it funny to a old guy like me. How can anyone get bored with the internet in front of them. 

Anyway sorry what happened to your base. And remember people who chose to be asshats will keep doing it. The only way for it to really ever stop. Is for people to chose to stop. And we know how that will turn out. 

You should always pillar just a little further out than your walls, at the very least. This creates a big enough gap between your walls and the boundary of the no-build zone that any a-hole stupid enough to build a ramp outside your base for luring in wild dinos is going to be wasting their time and resources.

Gee, Wildcard. I wonder how many more complaints and cries for help will be posted all over the internet before you decide to reverse your utterly idiotic decision to abandon your PvE players. I'm sure sales and reviews are already reflecting the community's thoughts on this. I for one don't play anymore other than to feed dinos and refresh timers, which suck on official by the way. Once my tribemates respond to my messages, I will dump all our dinos and loot into the sea and you will have lost another dozen players. If this goes on, only the griefers and hackers will be left.

1 hour ago, Nim said:

You should always pillar just a little further out than your walls, at the very least. This creates a big enough gap between your walls and the boundary of the no-build zone that any a-hole stupid enough to build a ramp outside your base for luring in wild dinos is going to be wasting their time and resources.

Gee, Wildcard. I wonder how many more complaints and cries for help will be posted all over the internet before you decide to reverse your utterly idiotic decision to abandon your PvE players. I'm sure sales and reviews are already reflecting the community's thoughts on this. I for one don't play anymore other than to feed dinos and refresh timers, which suck on official by the way. Once my tribemates respond to my messages, I will dump all our dinos and loot into the sea and you will have lost another dozen players. If this goes on, only the griefers and hackers will be left.

They have your money.....

1 minute ago, FallenAngel said:

They have your money.....

They have are money yes. but bad rep can keep them from get others people money. If a game has a bad rep with early game players. It can keep more players away. Good rep net WC better returns down the road. Case in point the new Ghostbusters movie. they tried to play up the anti-female hate over the movie. But it was just so bad people did not go to see it as the internet reviews showed up panning the movie. The internet is great but it can turn around and bit you in the butt. And I have to hope that a game designer who make a online game would know this. I still have high hopes that WC will deal with this before the game go in to full release. 

3 hours ago, Nim said:

These chinese guys dont give up they would use 2 ramp paracers then, if there is any way they will exploit it no matter how much time or ressources they have to sacrifice. It took them like 7 hours to raid my base...

My tribe was also raided on the same server ( 707 ). This is months ago, before we had dragons. But still was a great loss. We lost a Rock Elemental ( we were the first on the server to get one, so maybe someone raided us because of jealousy? ). Being raided on a PVE server sucks. And anyone who have tried to breed dragons on OFFICIAL servers, then lose them because of some hateful griefers, knows how much pain this is.
Like RNGesus says, there is almost impossible to defend yourself 100%. If someone wants to take you down hard enough, they will make it somehow. They just need time.

I can't say I know HOW Wildcard should prevent people from griefing. But I feel that adding Rock Elementals to the game was a bad choice. Rock Elemental is not a dinosaur, it's a fantasy creature. And they are too easy to lure into bases and once they are inside, they're almost unbeatable ( if you are offline - they are unbeatable ). You can not protect yourself from them when you are offline. There are no way. Don't say "turrets", because you can just pull more and drain the turrets.
Rock elementals are the easiest creature to pull and they are everywhere on Scorched Earth. ( Full Metal house would be protection, but a metal house this huge would take like... forever to build ).

I've moved permanently back to the Island because of this. I didn't feel safe anymore on 707, so I took my dragons with me and left.

In my opinion Scorched Earth is broken. Griefers paradise.

4 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

You can kill them with lightning wyverns

Have you ever really tried this vs a high level elemental? It would take a hour or 2... A low level wild elemental vs a high level player elemental takes up to 10 min but it can be killed, with massive damage to the players elemental.

This has become a common problem in SE, PVE tribes can be completely decimated overnight by 2-4 wild elementals by a player that has only a few min in ark. Most of us are on guard in servers because of this as we've seen it happen already. The only possible fix they could do is add some sort of offline raid protection in PVE vs wild dinos and make the owners dinos in stasis so they wont attack back or move even on aggressive or nerf the elementals rock throw.

36 minutes ago, Cataclisto said:

Have you ever really tried this vs a high level elemental? It would take a hour or 2... A low level wild elemental vs a high level player elemental takes up to 10 min but it can be killed, with massive damage to the players elemental.

This has become a common problem in SE, PVE tribes can be completely decimated overnight by 2-4 wild elementals by a player that has only a few min in ark. Most of us are on guard in servers because of this as we've seen it happen already. The only possible fix they could do is add some sort of offline raid protection in PVE vs wild dinos and make the owners dinos in stasis so they wont attack back or move even on aggressive or nerf the elementals rock throw.

Sorry to hear that man. You could play non dedicated with friends, that's what I do, it's way more fun. Especially if you're just going to play PVE anyways.

3 hours ago, Cucharon said:

You didn't get my question.

Surround your base with a metal wall, that's the solution. Obviously.

RNGesus is playing on a official PvE server. build walls of metal would be a wast of metal. And are not need if people would not pull Rock elemental to there base. On SE the elemental are one of a few things that I know of that can get though stone walls. And they do not move less some one drag it to your walls. So why wast metal making a wall that you should not need. And more over it is PvE not PvP and no player should do this to another on a PvE server. But some people are asshats. 

1 hour ago, RNGesus said:

For my base a wall big enough to stop them would cost several hundred thousand metal as it would have to be at least 12 high...

Right. No one on the official PVE I play on is building metal walls.

Yesterday I saw a player on an Argent luring a fire Wyvern to a base next to mine. It killed a Paracer. When I asked what was happening in global, he took off.

Each day I'm hearing of a base being attacked by either a Wyvern or a Rock Elemental. Some are losing some walls and 1 or 2 creatures, some are losing all creatures in the base.

I can't think of any easy solution to this, but they could add a message that shows who was the last person or tribe that aggro'd the dino before it attacked your base. Of course,the other option of removing the Rock Elemental until they find a solution to the griefers is probably the best way to go for now.

5 hours ago, Cucharon said:

I play in PVP server, much worse so don't try to convince me what is or what is not possible.

Maybe the problem is that you don't know how to choose a good place to put your house.

In a PVE server, your focus is more on other elements of the game, not making an impregnable base, so many build bases on "good" locations, but not quite the level needed for PVP. The only enemy you have is the wild dinos and griefers. Building an adobe barn for your dinos keeps out almost everything including wyverns. Putting a stone wall around the barn to keep rock elementals from agro'ing on the tames, keeps them out except if someone drags one in.

So right now we are putting metal pillars around one of our bases. I spaced them 2 foundations apart, which should block any rock elemental. So far I have them just 2 pillars high, since that is all the pillars we could make initially.

So how high do I need to make the pillars? I'm thinking this should work if high enough, and is much cheaper then a metal wall.

What do you think?

Or would it just make sense to make the pillars from stone, since the Rock Elemental will not attack the stone pillars unless one of my dinos agro it? This is different than PVP, so different defenses are needed. No player can attack directly, so possibly metal isn't needed at all?

12 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

It seems like the solution to this would be to have wild golems take damage from dinosaurs rather than requiring explosives to kill them. Maybe give them the health and 50% damage reduction of a tame golem.

Yes, if their health wasn't so crazy high, a Rex could kill them. My friend saw some players with 3 Rexs using an exploit where they got the golem in a state of constantly falling where it could not fight back. They then killed the golem as it was helpless.

Really, this is the problem with any game, if you put a feature in like a golem that can be exploited, there will be those players that will. They will find a way to kill other players tames or a way to kill the golem itself to get XP, when neither of these things is an intended feature. So the devs need to start with the assumption that it will be exploited and what the consequences will be and not add something to the game that has such severe consequences when exploited. Adding the golem as it is now was very short sighted and a mistake in my opinion. Not sure why they didn't learn this lesson from the Giga and later the Titan.

8 hours ago, Cucharon said:

I play in PVP server, much worse so don't try to convince me what is or what is not possible.

Maybe the problem is that you don't know how to choose a good place to put your house.

If they would just employ one person to care about griefers on PvE the problem would be solved. But this would cost them money without any chance to make more money, as we already bought the game, and it seems like once you bought the game wildcard has no more interest in you.

11 minutes ago, Demonshadow said:

However as this isnt just a problem with rock elementals... People will always be jerks. Do what any big tribe alliance does on a pvp server and make their lives hell back. Or just jump to a pvp server so you can fight back when needed.

It isn't that simple. You need to catch the griefer first and the game has no features that help in that task. Say for instance, a log entry that says a dino killed your tame and that the previous agro on the dino was XXX player XX minutes prior. I think that PVP player's wouldn't want this in a log, but would be helpful on PVE.

It only takes an Argent and a evil sense of humor to be a griefer. They do most of it when no one is around, so can't be caught easily.

For example, I saw a player on an Argent luring a lighting wyvern near my neighbors base. At first I thought it was my neighbor trying to kill it so I typed in global, asking what was going on. They replied it wasn't them and the griefer quickly got out of there before I could see who it was.

I don't like PVP, so that isn't a solution for me. Most of the time, PVE is just fine. I've escaped most of the damage that I've seen others get so far. Some of the stuff that can happen to you is just part of playing on SE. You need to design your base to protect against wild wyverns, so if you do that you will probably also be find against one kited into your base. I think if you design your base to block a wild rock elemental from entering your base you will be fine, but haven't the desire to test this theory :)

Archived