Dedicated Server Help please

I'm having the same problem, I bought a second Xbox One to host a dedicated server,  I have the Nat open and do multiple hard resets. My friends are able to join the game but for a limited time before the server kicks every out of the game. It's always somewhere between 7min to 30min of game time. I then have to close the game completely and restart it before the same procedure has to be repeated every single time over and over again. I do know that the issue is the server's and I  know the Dev's are working on it, I do hope they do it soon like yesterday, because it's lame not to be able to play in official servers because they always full, and in non dedicated servers your limited to 4 players and that dumb bubble. I have yet to hear when the next patch will be and I hope the next patch it includes the solution to fix the player dedicated servers. In the meantime you have to settle for what it is now, or keep trying the process of rebooting the dedicated server to only play for a short time over and over again.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the game and I understand is a work in progress but COME ON we'r talking about the server's not adding dinosaurs or content, how are we to play the alpha if the server's don't work.

First order of buissness, assuming your NAT is open, is make sure your upload/download can handle being a server.

Second make sure both Xboxs, but most importantly the server box is a wired Ethernet connection. That is pretty mandatory. 

Third, open ports for both systems and your router.   

If if none of the above works, contact your ISP or another trusted source for more help on the connection issues. 

Good Luck!

Archived