The end of 0% weight Quetzal harvesting? Upcoming patch.

TimeSpiral

2 minutes ago, TimeSpiral said:

You're 100% positive? Lol.

It's been like that for a while now. They knew about it. Everybody knew about it. It's incredibly simple to change, but they didn't change it. They changed multiple other things about the saddle in the meantime: no more plants, no more turrets, no more box quetzals, structure limit, etc ... These are balance changes. What they are doing now with the weight transfer feature is a balance change, and more specifically, a nerf

The purists (for lack of a better term, i.e., people who believe the game should be played in a certain way even though existing mechanics suggest otherwise) seem overly concerned with this feature being an "exploit" or a "glitch" and that being the primary impetus for changing it. But I've shown that Wild Card will use the term "fix" and "exploit" when changing those things in a patch. They didn't here with the platform saddle, and they kept the feature for a long time, and now the nerf is a 20% reduction, not a full weight transfer. I get standing behind your position, but your camp has no official backing to your position. It just seems like you're salty other people didn't share your purist opinion on how the mechanic should behave.

Personally, I'd like to see a buff to early and mid-game harvesting. This would have no affect on the Alphas but would allow those below them to close the gap more efficiently.

Completely agree

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TimeSpiral said:

You're 100% positive? Lol.

It's been like that for a while now. They knew about it. Everybody knew about it. It's incredibly simple to change, but they didn't change it. They changed multiple other things about the saddle in the meantime: no more plants, no more turrets, no more box quetzals, structure limit, etc ... These are balance changes. What they are doing now with the weight transfer feature is a balance change, and more specifically, a nerf

The purists (for lack of a better term, i.e., people who believe the game should be played in a certain way even though existing mechanics suggest otherwise) seem overly concerned with this feature being an "exploit" or a "glitch" and that being the primary impetus for changing it. But I've shown that Wild Card will use the term "fix" and "exploit" when changing those things in a patch. They didn't here with the platform saddle, and they kept the feature for a long time, and now the nerf is a 20% reduction, not a full weight transfer. I get standing behind your position, but your camp has no official backing to your position. It just seems like you're salty other people didn't share your purist opinion on how the mechanic should behave.

Personally, I'd like to see a buff to early and mid-game harvesting. This would have no affect on the Alphas but would allow those below them to close the gap more efficiently.

Yeah, I'm 100% positive it wasn't intended...because they're fixing it.

Like I mentioned before, WildCard doesn't have to tell us that an apple is an apple for us to understand what it is. WildCard doesn't have to stamp a big "this is a piece of fruit" across a watermelon for us to understand that it's a piece of fruit. They also don't have to tell us that players circumventing game mechanics in order to mass harvest materials without suffering the effects of becoming encumbered is an exploit, because we all already know it's an exploit.

"My camp" as you put it (as if you know me, or know where my view and opinion comes from, but I'll play along for the sake of argument) has an official backing; your exploit just got patched and WC has made a statement against the use of it by adjusting some numbers. If I'm "salty other people didn't share my purist opinion", what does that make you? Salty other people don't join in on embracing broken game mechanics?

Endgame is reached within a months time, sooner if you have more people. This game has a one/two month lifespan before you've done everything. They're trying to lengthen the time between starting a fresh character and having everything you need at your disposal. How is that a bad thing?

30 minutes ago, Irk said:

ex·ploit

• use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way.
  • a tool designed to take advantage of a flaw in a computer system

It doesn't seem that far off to me. I think this has less to do with people crying about not being able to tame a quetz and more about players not being able to harvest certain materials because one tribe with a few quetzals can constantly keep the map out of metal/obsidian.

Oh so it will fix the metal shortage, that makes sense...OR it doesn't because now metal will be more valuable increasing it's demand there for making less of it.  Please tell my how it is unfair if everyone or anyone could do it?  lemme guess "the people without quetzals". 

7 minutes ago, Irk said:

Yeah, I'm 100% positive it wasn't intended...because they're fixing it.

Like I mentioned before, WildCard doesn't have to tell us that an apple is an apple, for us to understand what it is. WildCard doesn't have to stamp a big "this is a piece of fruit" across a watermelon for us to understand that it's a piece of fruit. They also don't have to tell us that players circumventing game mechanics in order to mass harvest materials without suffering the effects of becoming encumbered is an exploit, because we all already know it's an exploit.

"My camp" as you put it (as if you know me, or know where my view and opinion comes from, but I'll play along for the sake of argument) has an official backing; your exploit just got patched and WC has made a statement against the use of it. If I'm "salty other people didn't share my purist opinion", what does that make you? Salty other people don't join in on embracing broken game mechanics?

Endgame is reached within a months time, sooner if you have more people. This game has a one/two month lifespan before you've done everything. They're trying to lengthen the time between starting a fresh character and having everything you need at your disposal. How is that a bad thing?

"Bad" is subjective, but for me yes this is bad, this means that new players will have no chance at ever growing on a server that has an alpha. The game isn't wiped every couple months to regulate this so once you're in power, after this update youre going to stay in power. This update will just make new people frustrated and quit. I have 3k hours in the game so I understand the grind, but from a new persons perspective, why would they buy a game that they basically cant farm on or something that will take a year to become strong.

2 minutes ago, Warrior154 said:

"Bad" is subjective, but for me yes this is bad, this means that new players will have no chance at ever growing on a server that has an alpha. The game isn't wiped every couple months to regulate this so once you're in power, after this update youre going to stay in power. 

This will be the next excuse people will use, then they will cry enough, then servers will be wiped.  Then the same super doper pros will swoop in and teach class.  Then even the nicest of Alpha tribes will be on the warpath for losing their favorite tames. KOSx1,000,000 

18 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

Oh so it will fix the metal shortage, that makes sense...OR it doesn't because now metal will be more valuable increasing it's demand there for making less of it.  Please tell my how it is unfair if everyone or anyone could do it?  lemme guess "the people without quetzals". 

People without quetzals should get quetzals. It's easy; what does that have to do with anything?

Increasing the demand and value of a certain material is a good thing. It helps boost the servers economy. Remember pre-dams when cementing paste was insanely hard to get and you could get almost anything for it? Metal is an endgame material, it should be expensive and it should take time. Allowing one or two people to circle around the map and continually mass harvest every node isn't a good thing. It's not good for the server, not good for trade, not good for the server economy, etc.

I think you're angry at other people crying about "alphas!" and "omg i gotz no quetzal" and you're trying to use that as your basis for countering my opinion.

Just now, mronemanmob said:

This will be the next excuse people will use, then they will cry enough, then servers will be wiped.  Then the same super doper pros will swoop in and teach class.  Then even the nicest of Alpha tribes will be on the warpath for losing their favorite tames. KOSx1,000,000 

Is that not the fun of the game? I play on PvP servers, I want to fight not just sit around on a million dinos doing nothing. I personally think the game should have had wipes already, it makes people come back. 

12 minutes ago, Warrior154 said:

Monthly wipes are really bad on this game lol. You need more than a month to get good content. but thats besides the point of this thread. 

I think what you are saying is inaccurate please see the below 5 hour ago quote from what I would call a pro EX player:

@epochdei

Then there is the time restriction factor, which forces one to find an efficient path to the top, to get as much as possible as efficiently as possible. I took me several extinction's to work out a plan of action strategy for my style of play. Which is why now, i can usualy achieve most of my "endgame" plans in the first half of the first week. 

If you want servers wiped all the time EX is the way to go....instead of trying to get other peoples progress wiped, due to what I presume is a lack of effort.

5 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

I think what you are saying is inaccurate please see the below 5 hour ago quote from what I would call a pro EX player:

@epochdei

Then there is the time restriction factor, which forces one to find an efficient path to the top, to get as much as possible as efficiently as possible. I took me several extinction's to work out a plan of action strategy for my style of play. Which is why now, i can usualy achieve most of my "endgame" plans in the first half of the first week. 

If you want servers wiped all the time EX is the way to go....instead of trying to get other peoples progress wiped, due to what I presume is a lack of effort.

Apparently u didnt see I said I have 3k hours lmao. I have farmed to be alpha multiple times and am currently still alpha on multiple servers, so dont assume i have a lack of effort because I disagree with something that will negatively affect the player population. I also said wiping monthly is too fast so no I dont want the servers wiped all the time. It has been over a year without a wipe. but again i say that is besides the point of this topic. I can also guarentee this guy has a 30 player tribe if hes able to get end game content in 3 days. 

6 minutes ago, mronemanmob said:

19 minutes ago, Warrior154 said:

I like how the two of you started off with virtual high fives and you were in agreement, and you're slowly drifting the thread off topic and I can already see some tension building between you two. All in a span of a few posts. 

Man, these forums are great. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, TimeSpiral said:

Language matters though, and it's not an exploit, glitch, or fix.

As someone that's able to speak to them, I can assure you that it is something that Wildcard neither wanted nor intended. That they don't openly call it a bug, glitch, or exploit does not change those feelings they have toward this particular "mechanic".

5 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

As someone that's able to speak to them, I can assure you that it is something that Wildcard neither wanted nor intended. That they don't openly call it a bug, glitch, or exploit does not change those feelings they have toward this particular "mechanic".

A mod speaking out is as close to a dev response as we're likely to get. You got any idea why it's only 20%, Ciabatta?

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

What do they call it? mechanic?  Could you elaborate on those feelings?  Is it going to be %100 changed?  You are featured in my new status btw ☼ :) ☼

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, WatcherCCG said:

A mod speaking out is as close to a dev response as we're likely to get. You got any idea why it's only 20%, Ciabatta?

I am not privy on the whys, though personally, I feel that the weight limitation of 20% is to allow for the quetzal to still perform as a mobile base of sorts.

3 minutes ago, WatcherCCG said:

To be fair, the last time WC patched a huge exploit, they did wipe. They probably should this time, too. I have no dog in this fight as certain other factors made me ditch Official (which are irrelevant to this thread), but for the sake of smaller tribes, I hope there is a wipe.

For people on PvE who have spent countless hours breeding taming and building where if the next tribes base is bigger it dosnt really matter a wipe does not sound very fair

New servers seems like a better solution

Archived