The end of 0% weight Quetzal harvesting? Upcoming patch.

TimeSpiral

4 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Reasonable? Add the weight of two tames together and tell me how it's reasonable that they gather that much metal in tandem and in one run? I'll wait.. that's right.. you can't,  because it's a loophole within the framework of a still being developed game,  also known as an exploit..

My tiny petite female character carrying 800 lbs of metal, is an exploit.  lol

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DirtyMactruck said:

This is a stupid "patch".  Why do they feel the need to keep nerfing all the good dinos.  Soon we will have better luck taking a dodo around with us and putting all the metal on that and then carry it to the next metal node. 

Then people will be like "#nerfdodos"  "dodos are op".

14 minutes ago, DirtyMactruck said:

This is a stupid "patch".  Why do they feel the need to keep nerfing all the good dinos.  Soon we will have better luck taking a dodo around with us and putting all the metal on that and then carry it to the next metal node. 

What nerf? I've been alpha and made many Ascendant bps without it.. so I guess everyone else is nerfed and not me.. adapt and survive ppl..

Anyone who thought this was the intended use of the platform is just ignorant. Did I use it, no, do I care if others use it, not really, but face the facts that this is just not an intended mechanic. 

And those saying well it must be intended because they only made it 20% instead of 100%, well that's because if they jumped straight to a hundred the salt on the forums from these platform ''exploit'' users would be bigger then them missing a patch deadline (which is outrageous).

So yes they are planning on doing it slowly in my honest opinion, and maybe not necessarily 100% but I would think at minimum is would be 50%.

So learn to adapt.

The word "exploit" has multiple definitions. WC doesn't need to label something an exploit for us; it just takes a bit of common sense to see that this was, indeed, an exploit that got pinched. If it were intended then they wouldn't have fixed it. There's plenty of exploits in this game that people exploit and WC has came out and said that exploiting said exploits isn't exploiting. Look up the definitions of the word if you got lost. Regardless, they fixed this; it's evident that this was an unintended exploit that people were exploiting.

I always found it funny when players use a certain feature for something other than what it was intended for, or a glitch (or exploit), and then cry when it gets patched. I'm 100% positive WC didn't intend for your anky and quetz to hold an unlimited amount of weight. This is evident by them fixing it.

5 minutes ago, Sn1per0 said:

Anyone who thought this was the intended use of the platform is just ignorant. Did I use it, no, do I care if others use it, not really, but face the facts that this is just not an intended mechanic. 

And those saying well it must be intended because they only made it 20% instead of 100%, well that's because if they jumped straight to a hundred the salt on the forums from these platform ''exploit'' users would be bigger then them missing a patch deadline (which is outrageous).

So yes they are planning on doing it slowly in my honest opinion, and maybe not necessarily 100% but I would think at minimum is would be 50%.

So learn to adapt.

I don't use it but it's far from an exploit.  Seems like people that couldn't tame a quetzal could have adapted.

35 minutes ago, DirtyMactruck said:

lol i would much rather fix the random dinos disappearing, logging in and being stuck in a foundation, spawns in fear running into the water, i mean the list goes on, but enough people cried so i guess they got heard.

gonna be a busy weekend on my quetz!

1 minute ago, mronemanmob said:

I don't use it but it's far from an exploit.  Seems like people that couldn't tame a quetzal could have adapted.

ex·ploit

• use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way.
  • a tool designed to take advantage of a flaw in a computer system

It doesn't seem that far off to me. I think this has less to do with people crying about not being able to tame a quetz and more about players not being able to harvest certain materials because one tribe with a few quetzals can constantly keep the map out of metal/obsidian.

...but it shouldn't really matter.  We've been farming just as metal, exploit free, as the people using the anky exploit.  Also, adding 20% of the inventory weight won't really mean much.  If you have a decent weight quetz, you should still be able to hit every major metal spawn on the map in one run, assuming vanilla settings.

Just now, mronemanmob said:

I don't use it but it's far from an exploit.  Seems like people that couldn't tame quetzal could have adapted.

If you can't tame a quetz your not playing the game right. Even solo taming is extremely easy, and when you have 1 quetz getting more is even easier.

Question though, if it is not an exploit explain how a bird with lets say 3k weight can carry 40k lbs on its back? Some would say that sounds like an exploit.

1 minute ago, Sn1per0 said:

If you can't tame a quetz your not playing the game right. Even solo taming is extremely easy, and when you have 1 quetz getting more is even easier.

Question though, if it is not an exploit explain how a bird with lets say 3k weight can carry 40k lbs on its back? Some would say that sounds like an exploit.

So then why are dinos able to attack while out of stamina, i guess thats a exploit too LUL

Just now, Warrior154 said:

So then why are dinos able to attack while out of stamina, i guess thats a exploit too LUL

No because when they attack their torpor goes up and if you keep attacking it will exhaust itself and fall over. Have you never been completely exhausted but kept going out of necessity? You know when you start to feel dizzy if you keep moving and doing things you will probably pass out (real life). Same principle. I have never known an animal to be completely drained and just stop fighting because of it.

4 minutes ago, Warrior154 said:

...but their torpor begins to fill up and they will eventually pass out if you continue to attack without stamina.

Just like when you load up to your max carry weight, you can't move. With this exploit, you circumvent that.

8 minutes ago, Grimlock98 said:

because it recharges enough to bite.  but seriously the way he explains it completely says it is an exploit and personally i love it LOL

What lmao, when you are attacking or doing an action continuously u ARE NOT regaining stamina. 

7 minutes ago, Sn1per0 said:

No because when they attack their torpor goes up and if you keep attacking it will exhaust itself and fall over. Have you never been completely exhausted but kept going out of necessity? You know when you start to feel dizzy if you keep moving and doing things you will probably pass out (real life). Same principle. I have never known an animal to be completely drained and just stop fighting because of it.

The torpor can be ignored for such a long period of time its honestly ignorable. You can continue biting on a dinosaur for 30 minutes before it finally passes out. So why not make something like the encumbered weight causes effects on your dino as well besides just not moving if u can bite past ur stamina. Something like weight affects stamina which is obviously something that would happen. The more you weigh, the more tired u get.

Just now, Warrior154 said:

What lmao, when you are attacking or doing an action continuously u ARE NOT regaining stamina. 

The torpor can be ignored for such a long period of time its honestly ignorable. You can continue biting on a dinosaur for 30 minutes before it finally passes out. So why not make something like the encumbered weight causes effects on your dino as well if u can bite past ur stamina. 

Well lets see your right you can usually keep attacking for quite awhile (depending on the tamed out level of said dino). BUT, if for some reason you needed to escape you are not able to do so because you are out of stamina. You would have had a better argument saying how can a dino use no stamina if no one is riding it allowing it to swim forever or fly forever. But this is a whole other issue in itself.

2 minutes ago, Warrior154 said:

The torpor can be ignored for such a long period of time its honestly ignorable. You can continue biting on a dinosaur for 30 minutes before it finally passes out. So why not make something like the encumbered weight causes effects on your dino as well if u can bite past ur stamina. 

i get it you are dying to prove someone wrong, they are right your torpor goes up, i made a mistake, my bad.  its been a long time since i had that situation happen, i tame good dinos so it doesnt happen often.

1 minute ago, Sn1per0 said:

Well lets see your right you can usually keep attacking for quite awhile (depending on the tamed out level of said dino). BUT, if for some reason you needed to escape you are not able to do so because you are out of stamina. You would have had a better argument saying how can a dino use no stamina if no one is riding it allowing it to swim forever or fly forever. But this is a whole other issue in itself.

Sure that argument works too, im just saying things that obviously shouldn't be in the game either as to defend the platform "exploit". 

20 minutes ago, Irk said:

The word "exploit" has multiple definitions. WC doesn't need to label something an exploit for us; it just takes a bit of common sense to see that this was, indeed, an exploit that got pinched. If it were intended then they wouldn't have fixed it. There's plenty of exploits in this game that people exploit and WC has came out and said that exploiting said exploits isn't exploiting. Look up the definitions of the word if you got lost. Regardless, they fixed this; it's evident that this was an unintended exploit that people were exploiting.

I always found it funny when players use a certain feature for something other than what it was intended for, or a glitch (or exploit), and then cry when it gets patched. I'm 100% positive WC didn't intend for your anky and quetz to hold an unlimited amount of wait. This is evident by them fixing it.

You're 100% positive? Lol.

It's been like that for a while now. They knew about it. Everybody knew about it. It's incredibly simple to change, but they didn't change it. They changed multiple other things about the saddle in the meantime: no more plants, no more turrets, no more box quetzals, structure limit, etc ... These are balance changes. What they are doing now with the weight transfer feature is a balance change, and more specifically, a nerf

The purists (for lack of a better term, i.e., people who believe the game should be played in a certain way even though existing mechanics suggest otherwise) seem overly concerned with this feature being an "exploit" or a "glitch" and that being the primary impetus for changing it. But I've shown that Wild Card will use the term "fix" and "exploit" when changing those things in a patch. They didn't here with the platform saddle, and they kept the feature for a long time, and now the nerf is a 20% reduction, not a full weight transfer. I get standing behind your position, but your camp has no official backing to your position. It just seems like you're salty other people didn't share your purist opinion on how the mechanic should behave.

Personally, I'd like to see a buff to early and mid-game harvesting. This would have no affect on the Alphas but would allow those below them to close the gap more efficiently.

Archived