Naked and Afraid

rpicardi1

That evening on Primitive Plus.

A secured Skype call is placed to Professor Narcy. “They found them,” says Dr Sanders. “They are all alive and well at the Primitive Plus Village. Halsey Avatar hasn't interviewed them yet but Nomad told him that they arrived early this afternoon. The wyverns have taken them all out for a tour of The Center islands. They had a safe encounter with them. He says that Mike and Michael know each other through the VA post traumatic stress syndrome program.”

“That's great,” answers Professor Narcy. “We should probably all get together at your University and let the show producer know what we are dealing with. Let them know where their team is and the importance of keeping what has happened to them a secret.”

“That's sounds like the best way to handle this,” answers Dr Sanders. “Hopefully, they will be safely returned to us soon. Lets get them here as quick as they can make the arrangements.”

It is evening when the foursome arrive back at the village. The rest of the wyverns search parties have returned and headed over to Scorched Island to spend the night. Electra and Avatar have remained to greet the others to learn more about their adventure.

“So you are the four lost Naked and Afraid survivors.” says Avatar. “Halsey finds that show fascinating, almost as much as his adventure on Ark.”

“How is it that you can communicate with Halsey back on Earth?” ask Mike.

“The Keepers granted me that ability when they placed my conscious in this Avatar,” I answer. “Unlike the movie, I don't require a driver to be in contact with my wyvern self. I am both connected to my human form on Earth and my wyvern form.”

“Are the authorities aware of where we are?” ask Mike.

“To a limited extent,” I answer. “My human self contacted Dr Sanders a short while ago. He is making arrangements for Professor Narcy, his archaeologist friend that alerted us to the possibility that you were here, and the show producer. They are going to get together with me in a day or two. Then, we will try to do a two way interview. I'm not sure how well that is going to work. We have to be careful to keep this place hidden from the Area 51 people. The Feds are so paranoid about things they don't understand that they could make them disappear without a trace. Even The Keepers could cut me off from myself if they deem the risk of an unplanned discovery too great.”

“I am curious, how did you get Pretty Girl to let you ride on her? She can be extremely emotional given the bad experience she had with humans in the past.”

“When she found out that I was good friends with Michael, She asked me to ride on her.” answers Mike.

“You should be honored,” I answer back. “She is very selective on who she allows to ride on her.”

“I learned that, like Michael, she has suffered from post traumatic stress syndrome.” answers Mike. “When I talked to him prior to taking the Naked and Afraid challenge, he gave me all of the signs that he had been cured. He wouldn't tell me what happened that lead to that cure, but now I understand why. His facing his demon, when he saw Pretty Girl in such pain, then helping her recover, resulted in his being cured. I also believe that Pretty Girl has overcome her traumatic stress demon as well. It was a most interesting experience talking to her as we flew exploring this Ark.”

“In the morning, we plan to fly back to our home on Scorched Earth,” announces Avatar. “You are invited to come along and see our kids. Bring canteens and gille armor with you. It can get quite hot there during the day. We'll bring you back here by evening.”

“We'd be delighted to come with you,”the rest answer.

“Baby wyverns,” answers Dee. “How exciting.”

“What do you think of Ark?” ask Nomad.

“I never would have though that Naked and Afraid would ever be like this.” answers Mike. “So different, so unexpected. The incredible creatures we have seen and even domesticated for our use. How affectionate they could be. And, these remarkable wyverns, so intelligent and gentle, in spite of the horror stories we have heard about them from Earth's past.”

“You were correct to believe them,” answers Nomad. “Pretty Girl was as nasty as they come. She killed Emperor Nero and his personal guard the day she broke the chain on the shackle from the arena. She then took out her revenge on my brother for his capturing her using a tranced parasaur as bait. She even killed Electra's parents and almost killed her in a fit of rage over a suggestion that us humans could remove that painful shackle on her leg if she would only ask for our help. If it wasn't for Halsey and Michael, she probably would have killed me as well on the day they flew to my camp in the mountains. She found it in her heart to forgive me for what my brother had done to her after I told everyone about the story of her capture, escape, and how I so badly wanted to get that terrible thing off her leg. We have been the best of friends since.”

“I'm so glad that you got a chance to meet her and become such good friends. She so misses taking Michael out flying since he had to return to Earth.”

“Jane, What do you think about Ark?”

“Absolutely remarkable,” answers Jane. “I have learned so much about prehistoric creatures. The ability to see and touch them up close and personal. And, to fly on a pteradon and a wyvern, so incredible.

“And you Jerry?”

“It sure started out like a childhood nightmare. But it is now an incredible experience.”

“Dee?”

“Such an incredible experience, even when one of them tried to eat me when I first woke up on the beach. Taming those Chalicotherium with beer, then that wonderful time with Tammy. My childhood dreams come true.”

“You are so fortunate to have Tammy find you,” answers Nomad. “It has been a great confidence builder for her. You're the only other human that she has ever taken such a liking to. How did she find you?”

“She must have found us during the night as we were sailing to Sand point. We thought she might have been a quetz in the shadows of the night sky. Then, we saw something resting on the roof of a barn we had built on Crag's Island, but, it vanished into the fog when we approached.”

“She was hiding among the boulders of Sand Point watching me passive tame the Chalicotherium. As I was riding the male to test out his abilities and level him up, I saw her in the boulders ahead. Given that the male Chalicotherium did not panic and run, I figured that she meant us no harm. Then, she asked me if I was Dee.”

“She told me that everyone was looking for us, then offered to let me ride on her back to the camp so I could introduce the others to her. The Chalicotherium followed us back to the stone barn as we landed on the roof You should have seen the look on Mike's face when he first stuck his head up through the roof hatch and saw us.”

“Such a remarkable story,” answers Nomad. “We better retire for the night as we will be having a long day tomorrow over at Scorched Earth.”

Chapter 21. Day Nineteen on Ark. Scorched Earth.

After a marvelous breakfast of real food in the village, the wyverns fly back in to pick them up. Nomad, and Ruth are on Pretty Girl and Nicky, Dee on Tammy, Mike on Tarmac, Jane is on Electra, and My Avatar has requested Jerry so I can learn more about that favorite show.

“Careful, he bites,” says Nomad in jest.

“The truth is, Dr Sanders tasted awful,” Avatar answers back. “I just did it because he is such a stuffy intellectual. His visit to Ark forced him to change his thinking about his field of study in archaeology, to look at all possibilities of what life might have been like so long ago.”

“What is that cute fox like critter on your shoulder?” Dee asks Nomad.

“It is called a Jarboa. She is my weather forecaster for Scorched Earth. She warns us of any dangerous weather before it arrives.”

“We will make a quick stop on Scorched Island to show you what a genetically engineered creature looks like, then we will head on to the Ark called Scorched Earth.”

Landing there Nomad brings over one of his two tames to show the others. “These are called Morellotops. They are a creature engineered to survive in the harsh world of Scorched Earth. They are big, tough, and can eat most anything that grows there. They have the ability to store water in their hump that we can tap for a drink without harming them. If one of them is attacked by a predator, the rest will join in to defend them. The ones here are my tames and those of Michael's tribe. We brought them here so they can live out the rest of their lives in peace.”

“A most interesting creature,” exclaims Dee “Definitely suitable for a desert life in a dangerous environment.”

Our flight continues into the Ark of Scorched Earth as the sea gives way to a beach, then miles of giant sand dunes. “What is that moving mound of sand near those ruins?” ask Mike.

“It is a sand worm,” answers Tarmac. “They travel by burrowing under the sand, them burst above it to catch and kill their prey. I have seen them take out a wild T-Rex in one such attack. Then, they drag it under the ground to eat it.”

“There are also Rock Golems in the mountains and the passes we need to watch for. They look like the surrounding boulders but wake up with a bad temper if you stray too close. Fortunately, they move slowly and lose interest in you if you leave quickly.”

“There's the dome ruin where Halsey found me hiding from Pretty Girl,” answers Electra. “Michael told me there is a cave down past where Halsey found me hiding. He and Denny had to crawl through a narrow opening to get into it. They couldn't complete exploring it because of all the predators that were living far below in it. He said there was a painted mural on a wall of a Manticore.”

“What is that?” ask Jane.

“It is a creature bigger then a dragon with wings, a lion's head, a scorpion tail that can shoot poison bombs, and a very bad disposition.”

“Have you ever seen one?” ask Mike.

“No,” answers Nomad. “But, it does exist in a remote area on this Ark. Emperor Nero had a statue of one placed above his viewing stand at the arena. A month before The Great Quake, Nero hired a large well equipped hunting party to go capture one. They never returned.”

As they fly inland, the sand sea turns into a canyon bordered with badlands. Nomads Jarboa starts chirping out a warning as the sky starts turning black ahead.

“Electrical Storm,” warns Nomad. “They can get really nasty. We're going to take shelter in the Sandstone Canyon until it blows past. Everyone hang on tight. The wyverns barely have enough room to maneuver in there.”

The wyverns form a single file behind Pretty Girl as she banks sharply to the left flying through what is hardly larger then a crack in the canyon wall. It opens up into a wider area where the wyverns all land to take shelter.

“Everyone stay mounted.” orders Nomad. “It's too easy to be stepped on by a wild morellotop or parasaur during the storm. We should be safe among the creatures down here with us but if a raptor shows up, the wyverns will take care of it.”

The storm hits as it gets very dark in the canyon. Brilliant flashes of lightning light up the sky from the crack above as the thunder echos loudly through the canyon walls. Sand filters down from above as the wind drives it across the crack along with other debris.

“This is even worse then the storm that hit before we ended up on Ark.” says Mike.

“Yes, these storms can be quite severe,” answers Nomad. “They are so bad that metal based weapons and tools will not function properly. Fortunately, they don't last long, so we will be on our way soon.”

The storm soon clears as Pretty Girl takes off in a cloud of dust followed by the other wyverns. They continue down the canyon banking sharply as they follow its winding path. Finally, we can see daylight ahead as they fly over a wall that blocks its western entrance, then on to the Oasis where they see Michael's, adobe base camp.

“What a beautiful location in such a wasteland,” Dee says to Tammy.

“I'm glad we were able to move here after Michael's tribe left,” answers Tammy. “It is so much nicer here then those drab mountains Tarmac and I were hiding in or The Great Split where the others were living. Our kids love it here too. We don't have to worry about them falling off a cliff into hot lava below in the Great Split. The walls keep the predators away. As you can see, with the help of our specimen implants we made many improvements to the original base enlarging it to give us room to raise our families.”

“Are those two thorny dragons your tames?” Nomad ask Pretty Girl.”

“Yes,” she answers. “We found them most useful for gathering wood for the base. We also got a pair of Dodicerous and Parcers to gather stone, cactus sap, and sand for adobe construction. They have been most useful to us. We also tamed some Rock Golems to protect the place from any wild Carnos and T-Rexes that might get too curious about our kids.”

“You've done well with your new powers.” answers Nomad. “Lets go see those kids. I've never seen young wyverns in a family setting before.”

Landing we are soon mobbed by the young wyverns as they run over to see their parents. “Your daughter is as pretty as you are,” Nomad tells Pretty Girl. “She is growing up so fast.”

“They all are,” answers Nicky. “Ark seems to accelerate that process to maturity.”

“I can sure verify that,” answers My Avatar. “Electra completer her maturity as my human self was caring for her in the Dome Ruin. It was so amazing. Come see our Son. I don't know if he is going to grow up to be a frost wyvern, lightning, or something new.”

“He looks so much like you two,” answers Jerry.

“Ohhh, Tammy's daughter is so cute,” says Dee. “And so sweet.”

“She says that about every creature that she likes,” answers Jerry.

“She really is sweet, like her mother,” answers Dee.

“It's been so wonderful caring for her,” answers Tarmac. “I just wish Tammy and I could have become intimate long before we met Halsey.”

“It's quite understandable given what you two went through,” answers My Avatar. “The important thing is that you are now happy together.”

We are also introduced to Sleeper's, Paragon's, Nightmare's, Firestorm, and Zippo's kids. “They are all so cute,” comments Jane.

Before long, it is time to fly back. The mid afternoon sun has already kicked up the temperature over 100*F. “Our Gille Armor is barely enough to tolerate the heat of this place,” says Mike.

“It will get worse on the plateau and in the sand desert before we reach the ocean,” answers My Avatar.

They start to take flight when Nomad's Jarboa sounds out a warning and starts pawing at his shoulder. “Megaheat warning,” shouts Nomad. “We're heading back to the oasis. That kind of heat is fatal at this time of the day.”

We fly back taking shelter in the adobe barn. All the wyverns youngsters are brought inside along with the Parcers. My Avatar stays with the adult wyverns outside.

“Put on this desert armor,” says Nomad. “It will give extra protection from the heat.”

“Will the others be OK outside in that heat?” ask Mike.

“The Megaheat doesn't bother the adult wyverns,” answers Nomad. “However, it is not good for us or their kids. The adobe barn and our desert armor will protect us in here. Let the kids take their nap. They will tolerate the heat better that way.”

“Incredible,” says Mike. “There are places on earth that can get brutally hot, but 165*F! Nothing can survive in that for long.”

“Without a tent and shade, we would be dead out there from heat stroke in less then a minute,” answers Nomad.

It is late afternoon by the time the megaheat ends with a sandstorm. That ends a short time later. “Looks like we spend the night here,” says Nomad. “It is too late to make the flight back to The Center.”

“How were the kids during the storm?” ask Pretty Girl.

“They were well behaved,” answers Dee. “They had their nap, then we played some hide and seek during the sandstorm. Your daughter turned out hard for them to find. She is very clever. She hid, laying flat, on top of a Parcer.”

“How well did you and your friends handle the heat?”

“Normally, it doesn't bother us,” answers pretty Girl. “But, this one was worse then usual. We took refuge in the pond under the Red Obelisk until the sandstorm blew it away.”

“Looks like we will be spending the night here,” answers Nomad. “You can take us back in the morning.”

“A wise decision,” answers Pretty Girl. “It is too easy to get lost if we get caught in the night fog over the sea.”

Chapter 22. Day Twenty on Ark.

For our return trip, just six of the wyverns will be flying the group back. They are Avatar, Electra, Pretty Girl, Nicky, Tammy and Tarmac. The rest are staying on Scorched Earth with the youngsters.

Interestingly, Mike is back on on Pretty Girl at her request. That puts Nomad on Tarmac. “This is the first time I have ever ridden you,” Nomad says to Tarmac.

“Indeed,” answers Tarmac. “Bareback is so much more enjoyable then that platform saddle of Neros.”

“How you were able to tolerate that awful thing?” ask Nomad.

“It wasn't easy,” Tarmac answers. “I had to do it if I was going to learn how we could defend ourselves from Nero's hunting parties.”

“I now understand why you, Michael, and Mike have hit it off so well,” answers Nomad. “You are all tactical planners. You all think alike with your similar personalities.”

“Why do you think that Pretty Girl requested Mike to ride back on her?”

“She misses Michael,” answers Tarmac. “They had formed such a close bond with each other when he came to her aid. Mike, being a close friend of Michael, is helping her fill that missing void in her life. Nicky has been a big help. He has been quite understanding in filling that need. He has a lot of Michael's personality in him. Still, it is so unique among us wyverns. While Halsey is the first human to ever have such a close relationship with a wyvern since the Middle Ages, Pretty Girl is the first Alpha to ever form such a bond in all of our known history.”

“Alphas are extremely tough and aggressive in general,” answers Nomad. “The torment from that shackle must have been excruciating in order to force her to seek help from us humans.”

“Halsey told Tammy all about it when he first rode on her,” answers Tarmac. “She told me how frightened Pretty Girl was when he saw her so badly hurt and begging for help.”

“The others have told me that she had been quite a terror with an insane hatred for humans. After Michael and his friends had removed that shackle and tended to her wound, her personality did a complete 180. She has been so pleasant to be with since.”

“I saw that hatred when she was captured and escaped from the arena so long ago,” answers Nomad. “I don't blame her after how badly they had treated her. The day Halsey rode her to my camp she still wanted to kill me. An hour later, she asked me to ride back on her to the city ruins. We have been the best of friends since.”

“The day we met was so amazing,” answers Tarmac. “We didn't know what to expect when Pretty Girl and Electra came over to invite us to your camp. We are so glad that we did to have you remove those restraints. Tammy and I have been so happy together and free of those things.”

“I so miss Michael,” Pretty Girl tells Mike as they are riding back across the sea.

“From what you went through and how he came to your aid, I understand why,” answers Mike. “You were both good for each other. You helped to get rid of his demon as he got rid of yours. When I get back, I will most certainly look him up and tell him what a wonderful Pretty Girl you are and how much you miss him.”

“I'm so glad that I've met you,” answers Pretty Girl. “You have been most understanding like my Michael and Nicky.”

Meanwhile, Jerry is riding on Avatar as they talk about the production of the Naked and Afraid show and the current episode that brought him to Ark.

“I have some good news for you,” Avatar tells Jerry. “Halsey has been informed that your show producer is flying in to meet with Dr Sanders this evening. I just let him know what we have been doing the past day. I will try to pass on more info when they have their meeting in the evening.”

“That is good news,” answers Jerry. “Any idea how we are going to get back?”

“That will be up to The Keepers,” answers Avatar. “Hopefully, they will contact us soon.”

“I hope that you don't mind me flying on you,” answers Jerry.

“Not at all,” answers Avatar. “It was a most amazing experience the first time I found myself in this wyvern body. The Keepers created this Avatar when they were astonished at just how close Electra and I had become. Wyverns have always been one of their favorite creatures so they set up my encounter with Electra to see what would happen. They were so surprised with how things worked out. This place is so amazing. It's like living in a dream, a never ending story.”

“This entire adventure has been so incredible,” answers Jerry. “I never imagine becoming a survivor in such an unfamiliar place, especially without the benefit and safety of a support crew. Now, I see what the stars in our episodes feel like. It has indeed been scary at times.”

“Your two subjects are required to survive using their skills for 21 days before they are rescued, is that correct?” ask Avatar.

“Yes, indeed.” answers Jerry

“Given that today is day 20 since you arrived on Ark and, if The Keepers have planned their study of you four based upon the show, you could be going back sometime tomorrow,” answers Avatar.

“That would be good news,” answers Jerry.

“ I was told that Dee is quite an animal lover. She sure has made some unusual friends here. Her and Tammy really like each other. That has been so amazing given how shy and easily frightened Tammy was when I first met her in my human forum.”

“That she is,” answers Jerry. “She was so upset when her first tame, a female Parasaur, was ambushed and killed by a Carno that attacked us. Later, we lost our raptors to an ambush by a T-Rex near Dead Island. We have both learned that it doesn't pay to get too attached to our tames. Ark is so dangerous that it is easy to lose them to a superior predator.”

“My first visit here, as a lone human separated from the others, I was able to tame a variety of creatures including a pair of Brontos, a pair of Carnos, and a pair of T-Rexes. They were some pretty amazing creatures, especially Barney and Bertha Rex.”

“The Giga that attacked the Titanasaur on your third night on Ark can also be tamed. That is quite difficult due to what it takes to knock them out and the fact that their torpor drops so fast when you have dropped them. Their big issue is they have a Jeckle and Hyde personality. They can turn against you in a fit of rage at the worst possible moment. The Marcus Tribe found out the hard way when they attacked Michael's base and it turned on him. It not only killed the attackers and their two Rexes, it also killed most of the tames on the base after it smashed through their fence. Michael's tribe managed to kill it from the cave entrance they were hiding in when it attacked them. I was told it left quite a mess.”

“Still, I'm so glad that Tammy has taken such a liking to Dee. That has been so good for the both of them.”

It is noon as we arrive back at the village of Primitive Plus. “There is a note in the mailbox, announces Nomad as we all get together. “It is from Draco.”

“It says we are to go to the Obelisk on South Tropical by tomorrow noon. The four of you are to stand next to the alter, access the computer, then enter the code VX8J9KAZ63W into it. Avatar is to tell Halsey that they be teleported into Dr Sanders private conference room at that time. They should have clothes available for Mike and Jane.”

“Can we bring anything else back with us?” ask Dee.

“No, answers Avatar. “It would not survive the transfer. However, you can use my digital camera to take photos of everything here and take it back with you. Nomad can get it for you.”

“Then, its selfvies time,” answers Dee.

“Take lots of pictures of Ark, the village, us wyverns, and of all the creatures here with you,” answers Avatar. “Don't worry about the authorities back on Earth. They will believe you when you tell them they were photo-shopped from a video game.”

Needless to say, much of the afternoon is spent taking photos of each other, photos with the wyverns and other tames, and photos while flying about on the pteras and the wyverns.

As everyone is seated for another real meal in the village center on The Center, Avatar is contacted by Halsey. “I am in Dr Sanders private conference room,” I tell Avatar. “Michael and Caroline are here along with Professor Narcy, his archaeological friend, and the executive producer of Naked and Afraid. We had a difficult time getting together as the Vice President of the United States is scheduled to arrive tomorrow for a campaign speech at noon. Therefore, we have been confined to this wing of the campus for security reasons for the time being.”

“I have good news to pass on to you,” avatar says. “We were contacted by Draco. Your foursome will be teleported to the conference room at noon tomorrow. He says to find some clothes for Mike and Jane. They will be bringing my digital camera back with photos of their adventure. Tell Michael that his friend Mike is one of the four here. Pretty Girl took a liking to him. She really misses you.”

“Who is this Pretty Girl?” ask the Executive Producer.

“Would you believe she is an Alpha Wyvern?” answers Michael.

“You mean, you made friends with a Dragon?” he asks.

“Yes,” answers Caroline. “She helped cure Michael's of his PTSS from Vietnam when he first saw her. But, that is a long story from our last visit.”

“We have all been on Ark four times in the past four years. Dr Sanders three times. It has been a most amazing adventure each time we have been there.”

“I can show you what they are talking about,” answers Dr Sanders. “I have photos and video from our third expedition there to study the creatures on Ark. The only thing I ask of you is that the existence of Ark is to remain a secret. I would not want any of you to just vanish without a trace into their secret world of Area 51. Believe me when I tell you that those people are even more ruthless then the former Soviet KGB or the North Korean secret police. I lost a close college to them two years ago. His family and all traces of their existence vanished along with him. Carlos and Mickey vanished without a trace during a charter cruise last year. The news claimed that their boat caught fire and sank even though there is no record of that happening at their local village in Bermuda. I have to use a secured Skype while paralleling that connection with an open channel recording of one of my lectures to one of my undergraduate students. Thankfully, the ruins with the obelisk had vanished before those Men in Black invaded your remote island snooping around. Otherwise, we would have already disappeared into their black hole”

“I always thought that the Men In Black project was about protecting Earth from hostile aliens by working with friendly ones,” I tell Dr Sanders.

“No, they are in no way connected with the objective of those movies.” warns Dr Sanders. “These people are evil. Their mission is to obtain advanced extraterrestrial technology by any means possible. They respect no laws, not even their own. They are so hidden that the President and members of Congress know nothing about their existence.”

“Then, you are correct about that danger,” I answer. “The Keepers of Ark warned us about them at the end of our first visit there. This is the first I have heard of Carlos and Micky having vanished under a cover up of a boating accident. Hopefully, My Avatar can alert The Keepers what happened to them so that they can attempt some type of a rescue. If what Dr Sanders says is true, we will, at least, have the protection of law enforcement and the Secret Service from the MIB people should they try to raid us while the others are returning.”

We spend the rest of the evening viewing photos of our last adventure in Ark. “Absolutely amazing,” remarks the Executive Producer. “This material, especially the videos, would make a most fantasizing movie that could even surpass Jurassic Park and Avatar in popularity. It's just too bad we couldn't visit Ark for real. The animatronic budget to do such a movie would be cost prohibitive alone.”

Arrangements have been made for us to spend the night in Dr Sander's wing of the university so we are not forced to miss the arrival of the foursome the following day.

Back on Ark, Avatar passes on the information of what has taken place in Dr Sanders office. “So, the VP has picked tomorrow noon at the University to campaign for reelections,” comments Mike. “I hope that we don't step into a hornet's nest of security issues when we show up without their knowledge.”

“Dr Sanders has some friends that will help with that issue,” answers Avatar. “What concerns me is the disappearance of my friends Carlos and Mickey from the first time that my human self first visited Ark with them.”
“Nomad, can you send messages to Draco through that special mailbox of yours?”

“I believe so,” answers Nomad.”

“Send a letter telling him of the strange disappearance of my good friends Carlos and Mickey from Bermuda. Hopefully, The Keepers can find out what really happened to them.”

“Consider it done,” answers Nomad.

“I'm praying that you four don't step into a hornets nest tomorrow when you return to the real world. Dr Sanders has real concerns that we could all be kidnapped soon.”

“Thank you Halsey,” answers Mike. “If we are kidnapped, we will never tell them about your direct link to your Avatar on Ark.”

Chapter 23. Day 21 on Ark. The return to Dr Sanders office.

As we wake up from a fitful sleep on the couches at Dr Sanders Conference Room, we find Dr Sanders talking to campus security. “Terry has been assigned to keep watch in this area of the building. He says that he will stay stationed at the Conference Room Door. He can be trusted with our secret. I've known him ever since I started working here. I have let him know that we are expecting four more people to show up by noon.”

“The fridge and cupboard was stocked two days ago in advanced of our having to stay here. So, we should be OK food wise.”

“Nomad sent a note last night to Draco,” I answer. “He got a reply this morning that The Keepers are aware of our situation and will be keeping watch on us.”

“Who is this Draco?” ask the Executive Director.

“He is a real dragon,” I answer. “He acts as a go between us and The Keepers of Ark. I only saw him once when he gave me a grand tour of The Center. Now, he only contacts us through other sources such as Nomad's village mailbox.”

Back at the village of Primitive Plus, we again have another fine breakfast of real pioneer food. There is scrambled Dodo eggs and Phenoma bacon along with sourdough toast with real honey and butter. “How are you able to prepare such foods here on Ark?” ask Jane.

“The Primitive Plus Ark enabled us to raise and harvest the many varieties of foods available to us.” answers Ruth. “The honey we obtain from the bee hives we have crafted as a home for the wild bees.”

“We have wheat for bread and barley for cereals. We get milk daily from the Morellotops. The Phenoma provided us with bacon and meat that we have preserved through cooking and converting into jerky. We have chicken and fish as well. We have the ability to tan leather which last much longer and is stronger then hide. We have been able to make juices and preserves from the berries that the Trikes have gathered for us. Nothing goes to waste here. We only take what is needed to feed us and our tames.”

“You definitely have a pioneer life here,” answers Jane. “So much better then our rat race world we left when we came here.”

Back in the real world, the university is on lock down in preparation for a visit by the VP of the United States. “It must be crazy with security out there.” I comment.

“We can access the security cameras to see what is going on,” answers Dr Sanders. “Looks like our two US Senators are in the party with him. Plans are for them to have lunch in the facility lounge which is in this building. That's likely the reason for our being confined to the conference room for the duration of their visit.”

Back on The Center, it is getting close to departure time. The Wyverns want to fly us over to South Tropical Obelisk to say good bye. A couple of Pachyorhinos and a Allasaur are picked up and moved out of the away. Otherwise, the trip goes well.

“Tell Michael I so miss him,” Pretty Girl says to Mike.

“I will,” answers Mike. “I certainly will miss you and Tarmac. You have been such good friends on Ark.”

“Take care,” says Dee to Tammy. “You have been so sweet.”

“You take care too,” answers Tammy. “You've been such a great friend.”

“Good luck to you all,” says Avatar. “The others are waiting for you.”

The foursome gather around the alter as Jane access it and enters the code. “Here we go,” she says as she hits the send button.

A pulsating hum comes from above as a force field bubble forms around them, then pulls them skyward where they vanish in a blinding light. In a flash of light, they reappear in the conference room in front of a startled Executive Producer and Professor's Narcy archaeologist friend.

“Here's your clothes,” Michael and Caroline tells Mike and Jane as they hand their stuff to them. “Welcome back to the real world.”

Suddenly, with a growl, there is something scurrying about in the room that leaps up onto Dee's shoulder. “How did you get here you little snot,” she says to the Pegomax she had tamed a week ago.

“What is that thing?” ask the executive producer in alarm.

“It is a Pegomax,” answers Dee. “He's harmless. He decided to be my buddy after he stole my berries from me.

“Better check your wallet,” answers Mike. “That thing is a little thief.”

“Hey, where's my wallet?” ask Michael.

Walking over to a bowl of fruit, Dee picks up a cluster of grapes. “Trade?” she ask the Pegomax. He takes the fruit giving up the wallet which is returned to Michael.

Then, the fire alarm goes off.

“Now what!” says Dr Sanders.

Terry, the campus security guard that has been outside the Conference Room door, rushes in slamming and locking the door behind him. “Lock that other door,” he yells as the sound of gunfire erupts nearby.

“Everyone to the center of the room Now!”

Pulling up the left sleeve of his uniform as he joins us, we see that he is wearing a Specimen Implant of a different design from the ones we have had on Ark. He access it and in a flash, we are all teleported back to the village of Primitive Plus.

“What just happened?” ask the executive producer in alarm.

“The agents of Area 51 fell for out little trap,” answers Terry “I preset my Specimen Implant to bring you back to Ark for your own safety until our agents of MIB and the Government can put them out of business for good. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you sooner that I work for MIB. Like the movies, we are the good guys that have worked with The Keepers and other extraterrestrial species to protect Earth from those with evil intent.”

“We had to assign agents to protect you when we discovered that Sam, then Carlos and Mickey had been kidnapped by them and taken to an underground site in Area 51.”

“Your Naked and Afraid visit was arranged to be bait for their agents to bring them all together so we could capture them all. “Unknown to Professor Narcy, his Skype phone had been compromised. After hacking into the NSA computers in Utah, agents of Area 51 were able to decode the encrypted messages from his conversations. When we found that they were planning a raid on Dr Sander's office, we arranged for a visit of your US Senators and the VP. They were to be safely secured in the facility lounge when the raid was planned to start.”

“It will likely take the authorities a couple of days to clean up the mess they created back in the university and in your neighborhoods. Don't worry, anything of importance has already been removed. They and the authorities will not find anything that can connect you to Ark. MIB will quietly take care of reimbursing all of you for the damage that gets done. What they are looking for will be returned to you once the investigations are over.”

“I'm sorry that we have to put you through this. It was the only way to clean them out before they were able to gain the alien technology they needed for their leaders to overthrow all governments on your world.”

“Wow, conspiracy theory big time,” answers the Executive Producer.

“Indeed,” answers Terry. “But, this is for real and hopefully will end today. Just remember one thing, MIB only exist in the movies.”

“Nomad and Ruth are coming back with the wyverns,” Mike announces. “Are they ever in for a surprise.”

“Terry,” I ask. “My Avatar is with them. What happens when I meet myself.”

“Nothing,” answers Terry. “The two of you will be as independent as twins.”

“That's good to know,” I answer. “It has been a most remarkable experience being a wyvern.”

“You should be most honored,” answers Terry. “You have exceeded all expectations of The Keepers with their experiment that brought you and their favorite species, the wyverns, together. You and your friends are why they asked us for our help to protect you.”

Terry fires a flare to alert Nomad and Ruth of our presence back at the village. “Who's back at the village?” he asks Pretty Girl when they see the flare go up.

“I'm as puzzled as much as you are,” answers Pretty Girl. “Oh wait. I see Mike and Michael! He and his friends came back to see us!”

“Something must have went wrong in their return.” answers Nomad. “I guess that we will find out when we talk to them.”

Landing close to Mike and Michael, Pretty Girl lays down to place her head to their level. “I so missed you Michael,” she says as he and Caroline come up to her to stroke her forehead.

“We all missed you,” they answer back.

“How long will you be here?” ask Pretty Girl.

“We don't know,” answers Michael. “We were nearly captured and taken prisoner by agents of Area 51.”

“Oh, how awful,” answers Pretty Girl. “I'm so glad that you and your friends were able to escape.”

“What a remarkable creature she is.” Terry tells Dr Sanders. “No wonder they are one of the favorites of The Keepers.”

“Indeed,” answers Dr Sanders. “It's so hard to believe that she wanted to kill us during our last visit. Then, she did a 180 when she came to our camp begging for help as Michael, Caroline, and Pauline worked to save her life.”

“Most interesting,” I say as I talk to Avatar as I visit with Electra sitting on her.

“It's just like being twins,” answers Terry.

“Since you will be staying with us for a while, let Ruth and I show you around our village.” instructs Nomad.

“I want to see those tames of Dee,” answers the Executive Producer.

“Your are in for a fabulous experience,” I say. “If we have the time, we should fly over to Scorched Earth to see the kids.”

Back at the university as the battle continues.

“What's going on!” a shocked and alarmed VP ask as his security detail pin him to the floor.

“Stay down!” his head of security orders. “We got caught in the crossfire of some sort of a raid.”

“Who are they” What are they after?” the VP asks.

“We don't know,” his head agent answers.”When we get answers, you will be briefed along with the President in the morning.”

The raid ends almost as quickly as it started. FBI and Secret Service agents start rounding up the surrendering Area 51 agents to lock them up in secured vans for transport to a nearby closed maximum security prison.

“You don't know who you're dealing with!” a defiant head leader of Area 51 shouts to an arresting FBI agent.

“We'll be the judge of that!” shouts back an even angrier US Senator who is witness to the arrest. “You people have just stepped way over the line! I'm personally going to see that your agency heads for the chopping block!”

It is the next morning in Washington DC when the President and VP are briefed on what took place at the university. “What took place yesterday?” ask the VP.

“The Agency of Area 51 launched a raid on Dr Sanders office looking for evidence of extraterrestrial activity.” answered the briefing official. “They also conducted raids in the neighborhoods where Halsey, Dr Sanders, Michael, and several other individuals that are close associates of his.”

“Why weren't our security details notified of their presence?” ask the VP.

“They decided on their own that we didn't have the need to know.”

“What were they after?” ask the President.

“They wanted to capture Dr Sanders, his friends, and the Naked and Afraid crew, charge them with conspiracy to hide extraterrestrial technology, and make them disappear into their secret prison system.”

“Did they find anything?” ask the President.

“No,” answers the briefer. “The people they were looking for were nowhere around when the FBI arrested agents of Area 51 that were ransacking Dr Sander's off and homes in the neighborhood where he and his associates live. We learned that Dr Sanders and the people they were looking for are in Bermuda. They also trashed their homes, and those of their neighbors. The FBI and Secret Service has seized everything those agents had taken. So far, we have found nothing to justify the actions they have taken.

Their neighborhood raids caused a lot of property damage along with sending several civilians to the hospital, two of them with serious injuries. The local authorities and the National News Media are screaming for answers. What are we suppose to tell them.

“We tell them the following,” answers the President. “We tell them that rogue agents of Homeland Security vastly exceeded their authority in their violations of the rights of the American people, then, we shut them down Area 51 for good.”

Back on Ark, we get the news from Jerry about the President's briefing and our cover that we are in Bermuda. We are told that we and our neighbors were the victims of a Homeland Security raid looking for Terrorist who's leaders were given fake information, then they vastly exceed their authority by conducting those raids without obtaining the proper court orders or verifying the facts. The government is to compensate us for our losses.

We make the flight to Scorched Earth to see the kids. It is as most remarkable reunion for Michael to see Pretty Girl's daughter for the first time.

The next morning, Terry gets us together returning us to that little Bed and Breakfast in Bermuda where my first adventure started. To our relief, Carlos and Mickey are there to greet us. Dr Sanders friend, members of his family, and the missing neighbors, have arrived as well.

At our get together, we meet with the head of the MIB agency. He is most interested in our adventure, especially with my ability to be in direct contact with my Avatar. He makes us all honorary members of MIB.

The MIB team has arranged a private charter for our return flight home. They have assigned agents to escort us back home and to help us get our lives back together. We are free to tell them about our adventures on Ark which they find most interesting.

Before we leave, I ask Terry if we will be returning to Ark anytime in the near future. He says that will be up to The Keepers and what happens to our world in the future.

It has been a most remarkable episode of Naked and Afraid. An episode that ended up on the cutting floor, but was the most successful of them all.

Archived